• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trickster

How exactly does Necalli do big dmg output? He sure does it when I fight him, but when trying him myself, I can't really seem to do big dmg off anything other than a jumpin?

mbpm1

How exactly does Necalli do big dmg output? He sure does it when I fight him, but when trying him myself, I can't really seem to do big dmg off anything other than a jumpin?

He can link off mk stomp with a cr. mp into charge dash. So if you catch buttons with mk stomp you get that.

Aside from that, crush counter st rh has followups into stuff

mbpm1

One thing I noticed in the Yahoo vid is that Combo said Flash kick is "invincible on the way up" at 7:20.
Not sure if this is a mistake or it means normal Flash kick does have invincibility, just not on first frames.

One thing I noticed in the Yahoo vid is that Combo said Flash kick is "invincible on the way up" at 7:20.
Not sure if this is a mistake or it means normal Flash kick does have invincibility, just not on first frames.

I could believe that. Maybe they want it to be a great anti-air, but not a reversal.

Skilletor

I always assumed it had some invincibility just because it is crush counter on recovery and only moves with invincibility have that. It didn't make sense that the people on WSO stream were going through fireballs and it was a CC on block, but they said it had no invincibility.

mbpm1

Giving a zoner in this game an invincible reversal would be kinda ridiculous. Maybe EX might be one tho.

They said and tested EX as full inv on the WSO stream, so that's a thing for Guile.

I imagine you'll want to save EX meter for chances like that against characters like Cammy or the grapplers.

Looks like you've already got the frame data for this from someone else, so some general tips:
  • Opponents have throw invulnerability for the first two frames out of hitstun, blockstun, and wakeup. So to scoop opponents at the earliest possible time, you want the throw to be active on exactly the third frame after.
  • I would generally recommend against trying to manually aim for this window without a setup, since the window to get it right against wakeup buttons is pretty small.
  • To beat 3f jabs with 5f startup throws, you'll want to make setups that leave you +2 or +3 before they get up. +1 is also fine vs. 4f jab characters.
  • The above numbers need to be increased or decreased for throws with different startups. For example: 6f throws need to increase the target advantage by 1, resulting in +3 or +4 vs 3f jabs, with +2 being fine vs. 4f jabs.

Yea thanks for this, eyeballing a non wakeup meaty throw seems like a non starter. I'll rely on setups or more active meaties.

LakeEarth

I always assumed it had some invincibility just because it is crush counter on recovery and only moves with invincibility have that. It didn't make sense that the people on WSO stream were going through fireballs and it was a CC on block, but they said it had no invincibility.

Good to know if has crush counter on recovery. Although not invulnerable, I keep forgetting Nash's EX flash kick move is not crush counter-able and it keeps getting me into trouble.

Bizazedo

Some people in my physical area are slowly turning on SF V. They were addicted to IV. The negative side of me honestly wonders if it's because V is more fair.

People like to abuse shit / not think.

Mediking

Some people in my physical area are slowly turning on SF V. They were addicted to IV. The negative side of me honestly wonders if it's because V is more fair.

People in the Smash community are STILL hanging on to the older games in the series. They just won't let go. And that's fine and all but newer Smash games deserve love too.

I'm not surprised that happened to SFV and SFIV.

Trickster

How is the chun li vs necalli matchup regarded? Feels like it heavily favous chun li. Never seen her press buttons with so little reservation before

Edit - eventhubs puts her as his worst matchup lol

Vice

It's not that SFV is more fair, people just don't want to learn the new broken stuff for V. It's frustrating to have 9 years worth of tactics go to waste. You'll get a group of players who will stick to the old game everytime something new comes out.

rocK`

Banned
It's not that SFV is more fair, people just don't want to learn the new broken stuff for V. It's frustrating to have 9 years worth of tactics go to waste. You'll get a group of players who will stick to the old game everytime something new comes out.

i'll take the bait.

what's broken in sf5, outside of alex's spine

Baleoce

Nah, SFV is more fair.

It's a matter of perspective I guess, it's still a new game. Any fighting game is potentially only one piece of undiscovered tech away from being unfair. But I do agree with you in general, I feel like I have to stick by decisions in this and there aren't many get-out clauses.

It's interesting though, from what I understand they aren't really going to be addressing balance on a regular basis (correct me if I'm wrong on that). But, what would happen if a piece of tech was discovered that potentially took it away from their vision on how the game was supposed to be played, I assume they'd deal with it. But I wonder how quickly they'd be able to? Guess it depends on the tech in question.

Trickster

"look at me, I play my lvl 40 main super serious mode in unranked"

Give me a way to play against other players learning character please capcom....

Vice

i'll take the bait.

Certain v-reversals and skills are much better than others, with some like Ryu's opening up interesting option selects. Proximity block oses. All the right corner nonsense certain characters get. Very ambiguous setups with certain characters. Unblockable setups. The setply styles people are figuring out for characters like Mika and Alex.

It's a good game and it has some BS. The two can both co-exist.

It's a matter of perspective I guess, it's still a new game. Any fighting game is potentially only one piece of undiscovered tech away from being unfair. But I do agree with you in general, I feel like I have to stick by decisions in this and there aren't many get-out clauses.

It's interesting though, from what I understand they aren't really going to be addressing balance on a regular basis (correct me if I'm wrong on that). But, what would happen if a piece of tech was discovered that potentially took it away from their vision on how the game was supposed to be played, I assume they'd deal with it. But I wonder how quickly they'd be able to? Guess it depends on the tech in question.
The full-on balancing is something that they'll do at the end of each Capcom Pro Tour.

Option Selects and Tech that's unintended or goes against their design philosophy is not something Capcom will shy away from removing, as is evidenced by the removal of the jump/throw tech os in last month's patch.

They probably won't be balancing before any big majors, I don't think it's out of the question for a balance pass to arrive after EVO, and then another after Capcom Cup.

i'll take the bait.

Nothing is broken. I feel like chun has no weaknesses, and Ryu's damage is a little crazy. But nothing is broken. There is some cheap stuff though. Off the top of my head

-Mika's MP into whip requires little to know thought process and throws you into the corner almost tno matter where you are on the screen. The whip command is unsafe but only like -2 it's a bit brain dead IMO for a move that pretty much starts Mika's offense

-Sims instant yoga Flame is a little derp, but it's just one hit, at least you can block v-reversal it

-Chun's Instant Air legs a little too strong

- Bison is derp until you get him into the corner, at least he's counter balanced with his one weakness.

That's about it for me, and all of that none of it broken. But Mika is the top offender, no offense to Flux, I think you'd be good with any other character buddy lol, but yeah it requires way too much effort to learn that matchup, and even then I feel the whip move is similar to Viper burn kick, just needs a tone down.

Shauni

On PS4, is there a way to upload just a replay clip? Every time I try to it'll upload a bunch of time before the replay itself, but I only want to upload the replay

I think they said it isn't invincible on startup without meter so it can be meatied and that it does have projectile invincibility on the way up. I am sure it will have it after 6 frames or so. At least that is what I took from it.

They won't do any balance changes until all of the characters are out, imo.

They probably won't balance until after CapcomCup in December. While it is far away I kind of like this approach so that it hopefully gives them more time to put in other areas of the game and better time management.

Skilletor

On PS4, is there a way to upload just a replay clip? Every time I try to it'll upload a bunch of time before the replay itself, but I only want to upload the replay

Trim the video with just the footage you want. You can select start and end of the video. It's super easy.

Dimmle

You buffer the special, which is basically start doing it before the move comes up. For example if you need to do crouching medium kick into hadouken, the down from down+ mk is part of the down motion you need to do the fireball. So basically after hitting the crouch medium kick, you just roll to forward to complete the fireball. What combo specifically is giving you trouble?

If I remember correctly it's Chun-Li's H Jump Kick -> Medium Punch -> Light Kick -> EX Hyakuretsukyaku. I'll try to practice buffering!

tariniel

Give me a way to play against other players learning character please capcom....

It's called battle lounge. Casual is where a lot of people have gone since ranked is a complete mess of quitters of various forms.

hwateber

I would be fine with Irish whip if you couldn't get a wallbounce outside of the corner. It would still have good corner carry just dashing the body to the corner and you would need more than one random clap to get your offense going. That might be nerfing it a little too much though

I don't think mika is broken at all. She's just one of those characters that's unfun to play against but those exist in every game

Xeteh

I could see people in Casual on their mains if they're trying to get the character to 50 for the 15th color. Ranked is stressful at times.

Baleoce

The problem is Capcom botched having any kind of meaningful ingame measurement of skill by having player and character EXP disproportionately balanced towards mindless activities like story mode completion and survival. So they can't even use that as a means of potential matchmaking.

I remember doing all the story mode stuff on day 1 for fight money, and then going online, seeing my EXP and thinking the CFN ID's were all bugged.

As for the higher skilled players who want to play casual matches. There's nothing wrong with that at all. There should be an option to match-make, or pot luck for casual matches though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom