• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be fine with Irish whip if you couldn't get a wallbounce outside of the corner. It would still have good corner carry just dashing the body to the corner and you would need more than one random clap to get your offense going. That might be nerfing it a little too much though

I don't think mika is broken at all. She's just one of those characters that's unfun to play against but those exist in every game

I think it was like that before the day 1 patch, actually

before everyone gets excited looking at the videos guiles normals look bad. His c.hp doesn't look as good as sfv. His c.mk don't look as good also backfist seems like it has less range than sfiv. I really hope they didn't nerf his anti air by making his normals bad. I get it with crouch walk they really want you to use his Fk as anti air but guiles normal make him good. But we will see hopefully they release him soon.

Skilletor

before everyone gets excited looking at the videos guiles normals look bad. His c.hp doesn't look as good as sfv. His c.mk don't look as good also backfist seems like it has less range than sfiv. I really hope they didn't nerf his anti air by making his normals bad. I get it with crouch walk they really want you to use his Fk as anti air but guiles normal make him good. But we will see hopefully they release him soon.

Why are we comparing it to SF4? Nobody's normals are as good as they were in SF4. We should be comparing his normals to other characters in SF5.

He looks dope as fuck.

I get the impression practically no one plays casual as the heatmap immplies it. Red is ranked. Light blue is casual. Red is everywhere, light blue has dropped to barely anything. However that could be totally wrong of course.

Astrael

I could see people in Casual on their mains if they're trying to get the character to 50 for the 15th color. Ranked is stressful at times.

Literally me. I don't feel as bad losing because every fight is a gain toward this goal, and I get better with every match.

On that note, I hope to join a lobby later with players here, even the few matches from the last one drastically improved my strategy and mindset. I need more fights like that (which gives me incentive to rank up once the ragequit patch is in)

Baleoce

Reminds me I saw this the other day: https://twitter.com/Di3mini0n/status/724286331350835202

Literally me. I don't feel as bad losing because every fight is a gain toward this goal, and I get better with every match.

On that note, I hope to join a lobby later with players here, even the few matches from the last one drastically improved my strategy and mindset. I need more fights like that (which gives me incentive to rank up once the ragequit patch is in)
ill hit you up tonight if your on. Gonna have a few rematches with GAF players again. Someone else might start a big room, I'm just gonna do long sets tho what's your CFN?

DunpealD

Nothing Pro stuff but right now Sumo Digital the devs of Sonic all star racing transformed, LBP3, etc. are doing a stream playing against Space Apes.

Link.

Bizazedo

I get the impression practically no one plays casual as the heatmap immplies it. Red is ranked. Light blue is casual. Red is everywhere, light blue has dropped to barely anything. However that could be totally wrong of course.

What?

The only heatmap I know is red for total users who've ever started the game and blue for top players. Green for active users, but that seems busted atm (and blue was for a bit, too).

Where are you looking?

Shauni

Cammy is becoming an impossible match-up for me. I can't follow matches with her well at all, feels like all of her moves are happening a mile a minute, it leaves me really confused

Shauni

She wants to cross you up and hit you with ambiguous Cannon Spikes.

The speed at which her moves come out is the problem for me more than anything. I can't seem to keep up with it. Like it feels like there's almost no recover time between her moves. I'm sure there actually is, but I can't spot it.

Astrael

ill hit you up tonight if your on. Gonna have a few rematches with GAF players again. Someone else might start a big room, I'm just gonna do long sets tho what's your CFN?

Sounds like fun, my CFN is same as here: Astrael. I should be on anytime after 7pm EST tonight once my classes are done today.

FinKL

Yep I noticed this with his first trailer. All his buttons look even less range than they have been and seem just a tad slower than SF4. The overhead target combo actually looks very reactable unlike other overheads.

A big takeaway for me in those yahoo videos is when Combofiend says that people haven't figured out the proper sequence for Alex yet. Same with Woshige saying that he doesn't see stuff being used that characters should be doing.

Of course you have to take this with a grain of salt but I am interested as to what they are implying. Alex has been polarizing and many are putting him at the bottom in most discussions and I wonder if the reaction might be the same for Guile.

Why are we comparing it to SF4? Nobody's normals are as good as they were in SF4. We should be comparing his normals to other characters in SF5.

He looks dope as fuck.

Seems like people are doing it as that is the only recent reference they have. I don't agree with it either as the game has changed drastically fundamental wise compared to SF4. Everyone can't have 3 frame attacks as we will start going into a different direction that I do not want this game to go.

mbpm1

weren't people saying Necalli was also butt until the game was released

shitty normals, no mixup potential in blockstrings, etc

weren't people saying Necalli was also butt until the game was released

shitty normals, no mixup potential in blockstrings, etc

Ryu's normals are so much stubbier than they were in SF4 and he can't link cr.lp -> cr.mp/hp so obviously he's gonna be worse in this game.

Skilletor

Yep I noticed this with his first trailer. All his buttons look even less range than they have been and seem just a tad slower than SF4. The overhead target combo actually looks very reactable unlike other overheads.

That might be because it's a natural combo now.

His overhead raw does look super slow though.

cHaotix8

Nothing is broken. I feel like chun has no weaknesses, and Ryu's damage is a little crazy. But nothing is broken. There is some cheap stuff though. Off the top of my head

-Mika's MP into whip requires little to know thought process and throws you into the corner almost tno matter where you are on the screen. The whip command is unsafe but only like -2 it's a bit brain dead IMO for a move that pretty much starts Mika's offense

-Sims instant yoga Flame is a little derp, but it's just one hit, at least you can block v-reversal it

-Chun's Instant Air legs a little too strong

- Bison is derp until you get him into the corner, at least he's counter balanced with his one weakness.

That's about it for me, and all of that none of it broken. But Mika is the top offender, no offense to Flux, I think you'd be good with any other character buddy lol, but yeah it requires way too much effort to learn that matchup, and even then I feel the whip move is similar to Viper burn kick, just needs a tone down.

Yeah, for what Mika gets off her clap it should be -6 at least. You'd still be able to use it as a counter poke and combo into it, but just throwing it out and only being -2? That's not right, especially when you have most chars with -4+ heavy normals that get nowhere near as much off landing them.

Chun legs is also damn good for what she gets off it on hit and how difficult it is to anti air. I think -1 minimum would be enough to balance it though.

Street fighter V is way more fair than IV, lol. Strong ground game and decision making are much more rewarding in this game.

Durden77

If they don't announce Guile's release date tonight I'm gonna break a bottle on my head.

I wouldn't mind him coming on the 30th because that'll give me the whole weekend, but I don't see him releasing on the weekend. I'm thinking Thursday. But if it was Thursday I'm surprised they haven't announced the daye yet.

mbpm1

If they don't announce Guile's release date tonight I'm gonna break a bottle on my head.

I wouldn't mind him coming on the 30th because that'll give me the whole weekend, but I don't see him releasing on the weekend. I'm thinking Thursday. But if it was Thursday I'm surprised they haven't announced the daye yet.

RIP your head

BadWolf

Yeah, for what Mika gets off her clap it should be -6 at least. You'd still be able to use it as a counter poke and combo into it, but just throwing it out and only being -2? That's not right, especially when you have most chars with -4+ heavy normals that get nowhere near as much off landing them.

People aren't confirming off the clap so it being -2 is irrelevant.

They have to commit for the follow up, which will get her murdered if the clap is blocked.

Without the follow up the clap is just a basic poke with a little more range than her MP.

lol what if they use Pro Talk to announce a delay?

Chun legs is also damn good for what she gets off it on hit and how difficult it is to anti air. I think -1 minimum would be enough to balance it though.

Street fighter V is way more fair than IV, lol. Strong ground game and decision making are much more rewarding in this game.
yeah I feel like if it's universal it will be toned down in a patch so we'll see, still not as bad as OG Sagat lol...definitely waaaay more fair. I'm thinking about other examples and genuinely can't think of anything. Even Ryu's damage still comes from him outplaying you with fundamentals. Laura can kill you, but you can really keep her out, Alex, Fang, Rashid, etc...I think Capcom struck a very solid balance with initial 16. The only game I can think of that had a better starting point is Virtua Fighter

Xeteh

I find it funny how it went from last month where they didn't give us shit for Alex information other than a handful of screenshots to this month when they've showed off Guile in multiple places but we still don't get a date. Maybe by the last couple characters they'll have this worked out.

Mediking

I have the Season Pass so I don't have to worry about using Fight Money for characters but for those who don't have the Season Pass.... how's your FM situation? Are you guys gonna buy Alex and Guile when Capcom says you have to buy them?

BlizzKrut

Banned
I have the Season Pass so I don't have to worry about using Fight Money for characters but for those who don't have the Season Pass.... how's your FM situation? Are you guys gonna buy Alex and Guile when Capcom says you have to buy them?

Alex yeah cause he's my main but I'm not buying Guile, not interested.

The only DLC characters I'm interested in are probably Balrog and Juri/Ibuki.

qcf x2

"Hugo...They're not gonna make him good"

Capcom please ;_;

This would be his best chance to be good since every character seems solid so far. Defense boost for V-trigger?

I was legit shocked that Rog said Twelve. I thought Twelve was the poster boy for what people hated about 3rd Strike, though I def agree that the morph mechanic would be dope. My pick to return was always Necro, he seems like such a natural fit.

Trickster

Depends if they add those daily challenges like they said they would. If not, fuck naw. Outside of the one time fm payouts that you can get, FM takes forever to earn

Edit - Laura is ridiculous. Terrible character, she is for me what Mika seems to be for everyone else.

What?

The only heatmap I know is red for total users who've ever started the game and blue for top players. Green for active users, but that seems busted atm (and blue was for a bit, too).

Where are you looking?

Is that ehat it means?

I used to see red, light blue and dark blue. As red text was used in ranked i thought it meant that and light blue was casual (the light blue heat map used to be only slightly smaller than the red one. I assumed dark blue and green were for other modes.

Like i said, i could be totally wrong of course but if light blue was top players why did it used to be so large?

If you have the PC version you could use that 1 round survival mod and get over a million FM (assuming Capcom doesn't World_Combo that shit)

Wait wtf no gulie !? Rage is building
It's gonna be a Guile

This would be his best chance to be good since every character seems solid so far. Defense boost for V-trigger?

I was legit shocked that Rog said Twelve. I thought Twelve was the poster boy for what people hated about 3rd Strike, though I def agree that the morph mechanic would be dope. My pick to return was always Necro, he seems like such a natural fit.

Oddly, Necro was one of the few newcomers to 3S that I didn't outright loathe.
He always reminded me of Blanka + Dhalsim; not that he was exactly those characters mashed together, but with the stretchy limbs and electricity attack, I felt like he was how those two were represented... sort of like how Hugo was the replacement for Gief and Remy was the replacement for Guile.

But SFV has Dhalsim, so I don't really see the need for another stretchy limbed character much the same way I don't really see Remy coming back with both Nash and Guile in the mix. :\

I'm surprised nobody who mentioned 3S said Q. Everyone seems to love Q for some reason...

After having tried all the characters for at least a few matches, Twelve was one of those who just felt wonky to me and I wouldn't ever click with, so I'm not really onboard with him to return, even if his morph super was kind of cool.

Out of all the characters mentioned, I'd like to see Sodom most probably, as I never really played the Alpha series and always liked his visual design from the FF series.

If you have the PC version you could use that 1 round survival mod and get over a million FM (assuming Capcom doesn't World_Combo that shit)

It's gonna be a Guile

I've looked for this so that I can use it to get the rest of the colors for characters I've already beaten a given level of survival with but I can no longer find it online.
If you, or anyone else in the thread, knows where I can get it, please PM it to me if possible?

Bizazedo

Is that ehat it means?

I used to see red, light blue and dark blue. As red text was used in ranked i thought it meant that and light blue was casual (the light blue heat map used to be only slightly smaller than the red one. I assumed dark blue and green were for other modes.

Like i said, i could be totally wrong of course but if light blue was top players why did it used to be so large?

Pretty sure your light blue was really green :).

The third heatmap is top users and light blue indicates a higher density.

Look on the bottom..left? It'll say what the heatmap is for.

Trickster

*sigh* I just got a fucking ex dp stuffed? Let me guess. You have to use hp as part of the ex dp input with necalli or it's not invinicible or some such shit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom