• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ketch

It's just frustrating because the game seems to have evolved to the point where this is normal play, and that's really disappointing/annoying.

Maybe it just seems that way because of how effective it is against you. Like, if you're playing against someone and they realize that you can't stop them from jumping, then they're just gonna keep jumping, and now your like damn everyone just jumps all the time.

If you punish them a couple times then maybe they wont do it as much and then maybe it wont seem like the game has evolved to the point where it's normal play to jump all the time.

Again, all easier said than done, and the risk reward is still skewed imo. Obviously, the solution is to just get better, but it doesn't stop it from feeling like legit BS.

It's just frustrating because the game seems to have evolved to the point where this is normal play, and that's really disappointing/annoying.

What you need to do is stop playing randoms who are just grinding rank to win by any means and play with people who know how to play.

Edzi

Maybe it just seems that way because of how effective it is against you. Like, if you're playing against someone and they realize that you can't stop them from jumping, then they're just gonna keep jumping, and now your like damn everyone just jumps all the time.

If you punish them a couple times then maybe they wont do it as much and then maybe it wont seem like the game has evolved to the point where it's normal play to jump all the time.

Yeah, it's likely a lot to do with a flaw in how I play. Though even despite that, I've found a lot of people just naturally gravitating towards hopping, and it sucks that it works so well on me. I dunno, it's all just frustrating. -_-

GorillaJu

street-fighter-v-2016627184023_22.jpg

Thanks I really appreciate it. Shame there isn't one in super high definition like Mika, Alex, etc.

Ketch

Yeah, it's likely a lot to do with a flaw in how I play. Though even despite that, I've found a lot of people just naturally gravitating towards hopping, and it sucks that it works so well on me. I dunno, it's all just frustrating. -_-

But now you know what to practice. You can learn how to punish them for it, I believe in you. And their salty tears will taste so good when they're stuck in gold not allowed to jump anymore.

Any guile players here? I want to add corner pressure to my game, but my execution is not great (I'm very new). Right now I use throw or cr.mp into flash kick to punish and to pressure I either walk behind a slow boom or jump in. I feel like I'm capable of putting people into the corner, but have nothing to do once they're there.... and everybody says that one of Guile's biggest strengths is corner pressure so I feel like I should be able to do something in that situation. So I guess I'm looking for an easy corner combo bread and butter... if such a thing exists.

Palom

If anyone here does the autofire LK AFK trick, PLEASE turn your autofire speed to as slow as it goes. Sending so many button presses causes massive lag, and it's really annoying, making your farming matches last longer than they should.

Hyun Sai

If anyone here does the autofire LK AFK trick, PLEASE turn your autofire speed to as slow as it goes. Sending so many button presses causes massive lag, and it's really annoying, making your farming matches last longer than they should.

Autofire LK AFK trick in SFV ? Kesako ?

Palom

Autofire LK AFK trick in SFV ? Kesako ?
You get EXP even for a loss in casual matches, so people just put their confirm button on autofire (usually X/light kick) and go AFK. People seem to be using it to farm EXP for fight money or the level 50 store colors.

that sako bomb set up video, when he starts the combo into v-trigger he follows it up with a EX kunai, which gives another juggle but i can't seem to get it, whats the catch?

im still not sure what to think about ibuki. i think her anti airs are really weak, why does her anti air b,mp start so slow and has that weird thing where she isn't hitting right above her head, like cammy's and her down hp is even worse. and yes i know she has a dp.

and if somebody has any tips on how to play her in neutral, like what buttons to use, block strings and whatnot, your more than welcome to share them with me lol, cause my ibuki needs all the help it can get.

This game just feels like Jump Fighter V online. Jesus Christ.

*yoga fire*

*jump back MP*

*back FP*

*slide & shenanigans*

*anti-cross up jab*

Over and over, but they keep risking it on reaction. I'm ahead of them, but they still make it work sometimes from sheer "you cannot be seriously doing that AGAIN".

What rank are you at?

I'm still in rookie, almost 500 points.

Super/Ultra Bronze working back to Silver.

entremet

Has Capcom commented on their awful color unlocking system?

I really hate doing survival, but what's worse that I need to unlock colors per costume?! WTF. I paid of the new costume! Give me all the colors, assholes!

Neoxon

Has Capcom commented on their awful color unlocking system?

I really hate doing survival, but what's worse that I need to unlock colors per costume?! WTF. I paid of the new costume! Give me all the colors, assholes!
Capcom already said that they're looking into alternative means for unlocking the Survival colors.

Maybe it's the Youtube coding but the animation looks horrible, might be the first time I skip a KoF game.
Even though I'm excited for it, I'm not gonna lie some of those animations look stiff as hell.

The graphics actually seem to have gotten better since the first time they showed off the game and youtube compression most certainly isn't doing this game any favours.

Personally I think it looks decent. Not great, maybe not even good, just decent. Talking about graphics exclusively.

Pachimari

I want to get back into Street Fighter V, and I need someone to practice with, and somebody who is willing to get me into stuff again. I have some notes written down, and I primarily use Nash, and secondly Ken.

Neoxon

I want to get back into Street Fighter V, and I need someone to practice with, and somebody who is willing to get me into stuff again. I have some notes written down, and I primarily use Nash, and secondly Ken.
I'd be willing to help a fellow MarvelGAF bro once I sort through my modem issues.

entremet

I'd help but I'm a wireless breh.

Wired just ain't happening with my setup.

nded

I dunno, some people don't care about story mode and probably don't want to deal with the extra GBs.

Of course Capcom could've made the greyed out button launch the DLC page, but this is Capcom we're talking about.

Weird they did this way instead of just including it with the patch. Confused tons of people.

No, having to download 16gb just to go back into online play/training mode would've been awful, especially for people with data caps or slower internet.

Plus it's dlc, you always download that seperately regardless of what game it is, unless it's some online game and you need the files for compatibility.

The hate people have for this game is amazing.

It wasn't supposed to be at launch and it was always said to be a dlc update.

It was supposed to be at launch, you don't remember, they announced story mode, then as the launch of the game was approaching they announced it would be pushed back 4 months...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom