• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pompadour

No, having to download 16gb just to go back into online play/training mode would've been awful, especially for people with data caps or slower internet.

Plus it's dlc, you always download that seperately regardless of what game it is, unless it's some online game and you need the files for compatibility.

Right, GAF is filled with people bitching about having to download large patches. Forcing everyone to DL a Story Mode they may never play would have irritated a lot of people. It was essentially a no win situation.

Nobody from 3500-6000LP knows how to fight Zangief in Casual Match. footsies becomes a real problem for them.

Also his Safe Jump Flying Body Press is a good cross up. It beats Reversals and be used as a cross under.

Skilletor

It was supposed to be at launch, you don't remember, they announced story mode, then as the launch of the game was approaching they announced it would be pushed back 4 months...

You assumed it would be launch, and then they showed the roadmap detailing when everything would be coming.

But whatever. Continue the ridiculous shade.

You assumed it would be launch, and then they showed the roadmap detailing when everything would be coming.

But whatever. Continue the ridiculous shade.

Announced something months in advance.
X is coming with product X..
Months later X won't be launching.
am I not supposed to think it's launching with the game? sheeesh whatever continue with that blind devotion, you probably one of those players who can't even tell the netcode is trash..

MrCarter

The story was always communicated as a separate DLC so I'm not sure why people are being fussy over nothing. At least it gives people the option if they want to play it or download at another time due to slow internet speeds some users may have.

Kashiwaba

Nobody from 3500-6000LP knows how to fight Zangief in Casual Match. footsies becomes a real problem for them.

Also his Safe Jump Flying Body Press is a good cross up. It beats Reversals and be used as a cross under.
I play as Rashid and i really think Zangief is one of the easiest players to play against i just have to keep my distance and watch his armor move though I'm only ultra silver so probably the higher ranked Zangiefs are better.

leehom

I was in Japan a few weeks ago, hyped to play SF5 in the arcades. Was puzzled when I couldn't find it at any arcade I went to. Realized later it was never released in the arcades :(

Skilletor

am I not supposed to think it's launching with the game? sheeesh whatever continue with that blind devotion, you probably one of those players who can't even tell the netcode is trash..

No blind devotion here. Capcom has fucked many things up. What you said was false. I don't care what you think. I'm talking about what they said. How you interpret what Capcom communicated is your problem.

lol @ trying to make it personal.

Zackat

Compared to KI yeah it's not as good. But trash? Please. I've played some garbage online fighting games that had trash netcode.

you probably one of those players who can't even tell the netcode is trash..

That's entirely possible since the netcode seems to vary from person to person. US EC here and I rarely have issues with the netcode, but I know that people in other regions are definitely having issues with it. We can only hope Capcom continues to improve it as soon as possible for these people.

Compared to KI yeah it's not as good. But trash? Please. I've played some garbage online fighting games that had trash netcode.

Compared to any fighting the netcode is garbage. Trying to jump in between Dhalsim's S.MK becomes impossible as it screws up the timing for everything. The lag compensation is just awful

Skilletor

That's entirely possible since the netcode seems to vary from person to person. US EC here and I rarely have issues with the netcode, but I know that people in other regions are definitely having issues with it. We can only hope Capcom continues to improve it as soon as possible for these people.

Yeah, i play offline more than online... Only with friends, don't care about tanked and playing with random very much, and my experience has been great.

That doesn't mean I think the netcode is perfect.

Yeah that doesn't sound true at all. Sweeps are easier to punish than ever

Only true when playing someone in the same region online.

Here's the online version
giphy.gif

He was close enough to get grabbed but somehow manages to backdash.

Here's one where I recreated it offline
'
giphy.gif

I managed to grab M.Bison during the Recovery.

Here's the safe version
giphy.gif

Note there wasn't any rollback. Visually, the match was smooth but that doesn't mean the game was flawless.

Xeteh

I don't even know how to answer any of that.

I play as Rashid and i really think Zangief is one of the easiest players to play against i just have to keep my distance and watch his armor move though I'm only ultra silver so probably the higher ranked Zangiefs are better.

I dunno I'm an Ultra silver Rashid too but I've managed to beat every Gief I've encountered, including a 12,000 LP Gief.

I think it's just a rough matchup, there's not a lot Gief can do. Rashid's pokes have a lot of range and Rashid can get out of the corner for free (wall jump or ex eagle spike).

MrCarter

At least their netcode works when it needs to on strong connections. MKX's netcode was "trash" for a whole year...and don't even get me started on what they did with their PC fanbase. SFV match making is fixed and now all they have to do is improve their server insfrastructure.

Let me explain some of what i have experienced and tested with the netcode..

SF4 both players are sync, so if player X is experiencing hiccups in his internet connection player Z will also experience the lag...

SFV both players are not synced, so if player X internet is lagging he will not feel it, this is where it becomes horrible experience, player X lag is passed on to player Z, player Z sees player X rubberband/warp, player X is not experiencing this on his screen he's playing a lag free match because he's not the host i have tested this with a friend from 3 different location around the US, Washington first wasn't a test it was when we realized this shit happens back in April, then we did test from Tennessee, Florida, New Jersey..

Since it's not a synced experienced, both players will see different shit from time to time, like yesterday, my friend got a cross up combo to finish the round, on my screen it did not look like a cross up, never experience this in SF4, I rarely got crossed up in SF4, rarely... SFV more like 50/50..

Skab

Okay, I need help understanding something that's causing me to constantly get destroyed.

I just played a Ryu, and all through out the game he would get a knock down and just walk forward into me. Meaning, I have to guess if hes going for a grab or a normal. Anytime I would think he was going for a grab, he would hit me with a normal, beating out my own grab/tech attempt.

Anytime I would get a knock down on him, he would throw me on wake up, out of my normal.

So what is going on here? Why can I not hit him on wake up/he throw me out of meaty attemps, but not it would never work the other way around? Is it just a case of me being terrible and missing the timing of things? Should, say, a wake up jab always beat out a grab, or the other way around?

I'm constantly losing matches due to this sort of pressure, and I just dont understand the rules at play and am feeling incredibly overwhelmed and feel like I cant really get any better at the game until I figure this out.

Someone take me to school, pls

Edzi

I got crossed up in SF4 all the time because the game had ambiguous crossups from jump.

So does sfv, doesn't it? Characters like Bison have cross up animations that look ambiguous, and a bunch of characters have moves that hit one side yet land on another (which really needs to be fixed).

Xeteh

Okay, I need help understanding something that's causing me to constantly get destroyed.

I just played a Ryu, and all through out the game he would get a knock down and just walk forward into me. Meaning, I have to guess if hes going for a grab or a normal. Anytime I would think he was going for a grab, he would hit me with a normal, beating out my own grab/tech attempt.

Anytime I would get a knock down on him, he would throw me on wake up, out of my normal.

So what is going on here? Why can I not hit him on wake up/he throw me out of meaty attemps, but not it would never work the other way around? Is it just a case of me being terrible and missing the timing of things? Should, say, a wake up jab always beat out a grab, or the other way around?

I'm constantly losing matches due to this sort of pressure, and I just dont understand the rules at play and am feeling incredibly overwhelmed and feel like I cant really get any better at the game until I figure this out.

Your timing is off. Plain and simple. If you want to practice, grab a character with a 3f jab and set it to their wakeup. Then sweep them and work on hitting them before the jab comes out. If you do it successfully you'll see COUNTER.

The guy who does the Gief's Gym stuff on /r/streetfighter probably explains it better. Here

Skilletor

So does sfv, doesn't it? Characters like Bison have cross up animations that look ambiguous, and a bunch of characters have moves that hit one side yet land on another (which really needs to be fixed).

I don't think so. Haven't run into anything like Sakura's j. Hp that only crosses up on certain setups, Fei longs j. Mp, ibuki vortex,etc.

Tons more of that in SF4... There's a reason they added delayed wakeups.

There is some, but I never feel as if I'm guessing where something is going to hit.

Except Mika. Because Mika.

Raitaro

Best episode since SFV came out.

I can't think of any that were better either. It's a great show in general though. Highly recommended for any SF fans that haven't seen it.

Mike Ross + Gootecks, Maximilian Dood, VesperArcade, BornFree (mostly for speculation) and the SuperBestFriends are where I get my fighting game fix. If anyone has other recommendations, feel free to mention them.

Steroyd

Which character do you play?

Sounds like you're not timing your meaties after their knockdown, most of the time it's medium punch that punishes them for pressing any button, but it does depend on the character.

In terms of you getting up, there are various ways, the best one is to get up straight away so they have to be alert all the time, if they're hovering over your carcas either back dash if you think they're going to grab or just neutral jump to avoid nearly everything, if the character you're using has a DP I.e Ryu's Shoyruken, wake up with that move so they're more likely to either try to shimmy you or they block on you wakeup.

Neoxon

I can't think of any that were better either. It's a great show in general though. Highly recommended for any SF fans that haven't seen it.

Mike Ross + Gootecks, Maximilian Dood, VesperArcade, BornFree (mostly for speculation) and the SuperBestFriends are where I get my fighting game fix. If anyone has other recommendations, feel free to mention them.
Vesper in particular is on top of his shit when it comes to news. Plus his streams are fun.

Capcom Pro Talk on Tuesdays is the best show imo. So much entertainment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom