• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xeteh

I feel ya pain man...but I wouldn’t do it this close to an update from Capcom, seems like the servers go crazy around update time.

I'm playing Ryu's story alt in survival offline now. Since I already did it with his default so there's no FM to be earned.

FluxWaveZ

GG's Flux. You were opening me up a lot better towards the end. Work on confirming off clap on my throw whiff animation.

Thanks, but it didn't really feel that way at all. I'll practice those confirms, I guess.

I tried to shimmy a bit; that doesn't work. I try to just tick throw; that doesn't work. Command grabs will work once, and then never again. Jump-ins will work, but then there's no follow-up since they all get blocked. I can't really move around on the ground because of Karin's far superior normals. There's just something fundamental about this game that I'm not getting.

qcf x2

Dhalsim and Guile would get wrecked in 3S because of universal parries. They rely on slow, ranged, single-hit attacks, which work in every other game but are easily negated in 3S. Remy is actually an evolution of the Sonic Boom type character, and he's the best one there ever was, since he could charge partition, have multiple high/low booms out at once, combo into his flash kick, have a double-scoop motion super, have more mobility with Cool Blue Kick, etc. He's still low tier because the game's mechanics don't favor that type of character.

I don't really get why they changed the properties for a lot of Alex's normals. His LP and MP are basically switched, and his overhead shifted from HP to f.MP (although this one makes sense, since HP combos into things now).

100%
Remy boyz
Come at me
and get barely grazed by this SA3

I like Alex in this game and think he's viable, but I said before he released that I was worried he was being rushed out and he looks and feels like he wasn't quite done cooking. Guile looks a lot more complete.

100%
Remy boyz
Come at me
and get barely grazed by this SA3

I like Alex in this game and think he's viable, but I said before he released that I was worried he was being rushed out and he looks and feels like he wasn't quite done cooking. Guile looks a lot more complete.
Ryu's SA2 flat out beats Remy's SA3. Remy will start kicking and then get punched in the dick.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";201972047]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9aSzYGanw8[/QUOTE]
Okay, fine. Aside from Handcuff Guile and Rainbow Guile and arguably Parasol.

I'm actually kind of excited about seeing how the Guile vs Nash match up develops. Nash has a similar game plan against most of the cast. The only character that forces Nash to completely change his game plan is Dhalsim. So I'm curious to see how that will work when you have two similar fireball zoning "walls" against each other.

Nash can cancel out Guile's regular booms. But Guile's V skill + boom prevents Nash from using his V Skill. Nash has his air slash move to get around fireballs. But Nash is still free as hell on wake up while Guile has options. I'm looking forward to see how all these dynamics play out.

simtmb

Anyone else have this issue?

It's quite frustrating as it happens often in ranked, casual, battle lounge, whatever. Maybe 1 in every 3-4 games. I'm on windows 10, the game sometimes minimizes mid match and i'm unable to open it back up no matter what i do (tried going into task manager: bring to front, maximize etc, to no avail).

At first it used to minimize due to malware bytes pop-up, but i could enter back in just fine, and it's not the same issue as i uninstalled it. It just happens and there is nothing else open that is switching focus, it is also a fairly fresh install of W10.

Am I alone on this?
I just exited the last match i was in and up 1-0 on, as I just couldn't get back in :(

Xeteh

Does she seem strong? I want to live through all of you since I don't have the game.

She's super strong, most people put her in top 1/2 spots. Her normals are very very strong, she has a 3f jab, she's got some cool tricks like her instant air legs, her VTrigger is super strong.

Yeah, Chun's a beast.

4 games straight, I respected this Mika. On the final round in the set, I woke up super'd. It felt good lol

I do that all the time! 9/10 its me trying to wake up DP and I mash it out.

Hey Fulfore GGS buddy I have to help my wife out and will be back on later bro...

What's Karins sweep? Is it safe max range, felt like I could only punish it when u did it too close.

Man...that was really amazing sets though...battle of shimmy!!!! Lol the advice u gave me really helped! Gotta use FB more in the Match. And I'm gonna clip ur ass next time you walk back monster!!! You love saving up that super to kill me!!! I'm on to ya! Lol...

This is street fighter baby

cHaotix8

GG's Omni! Jump tatsu is a pain in the ass to anti air online, lol. Most characters I can walk under and trip guard with cr mp on the jump in but his tatsu has a larger hitbox than in SFIV. Looking forward to the next set!

Hey Fulfore GGS buddy I have to help my wife out and will be back on later bro...

What's Karins sweep? Is it safe max range, felt like I could only punish it when u did it too close.

Man...that was really amazing sets though...battle of shimmy!!!! Lol the advice u gave me really helped! Gotta use FB more in the Match. And I'm gonna clip ur ass next time you walk back monster!!! You love saving up that super to kill me!!! I'm on to ya! Lol...

This is street fighter baby

It's -14, someone told me that you should be able to get tatsu or DP but I've never seen anyone do it? But yeah, I had to cut that out after a while, Ken hits too hard haha.

GG's Omni! Jump tatsu is a pain in the ass to anti air online, lol. Most characters I can walk under and trip guard with cr mp on the jump in but his tatsu has a larger hitbox than in SFIV. Looking forward to the next set!.
Lol yeah i would get beat trying to poke with you so I have to jump sometimes, but I'll get killed if I go for normal jumps. I go ex Tatsu (reaction based since it comes out fast) RH Tatsu for cross up and LK or MK Tatsu for jump in (beats a lot of normals) empty jump, only when I conditioned opponent, (you didn't fall for too many good stuff) and in the corner I like to do Neutral jump with HP. Offline it would be easier to do your AA very late and it will probably beat Tatsu or at worse trade. I wish we could join each other's training rooms already to test stuff.

Gotcha, on sweep. I'm gonna have to Tatsu it then. Yeah I should be able to punish it on block from anywhere with that negative. Just have to get used to it. I usually punish sweeps with another sweep lol

Xeteh

Lol yeah i would get beat trying to poke with you so I have to jump sometimes, but I'll get killed if I go for normal jumps. I go ex Tatsu (reaction based since it comes out fast) RH Tatsu for cross up and LK or MK Tatsu for jump in (beats a lot of normals) empty jump, only when I conditioned opponent, (you didn't fall for too many good stuff) and in the corner I like to do Neutral jump with HP. Offline it would be easier to do your AA very late and it will probably beat Tatsu or at worse trade. I wish we could join each other's training rooms already to test stuff.

Still confused as to why that wasn't a thing in the first place.

Thanks, but it didn't really feel that way at all. I'll practice those confirms, I guess.

I tried to shimmy a bit; that doesn't work. I try to just tick throw; that doesn't work. Command grabs will work once, and then never again. Jump-ins will work, but then there's no follow-up since they all get blocked. I can't really move around on the ground because of Karin's far superior normals. There's just something fundamental about this game that I'm not getting.

It's Mika man! She's a fraud
!

Lol...seriously though, Karin beats you in mid range so you aren't going to out footsie her, and Folgore plays a little more defensive than the average person, your probably just mind fucked right now. You can beat anyone with Mika and her ridiculous throw game. You have to play kinda disrespectful though against good defense, since the opportunities for you to capitalize on damage will be smaller. Also use V-reversal to reverse momentum sometimes, and if u see him saving super, be more aggressive. If a player is fishing for something, something else is going to be weaker. There AA, wakeup defense, footsies, something.

Does guile have the ability to do booms the old-school way by hitting the button on the back motion? i.e., charge back, forward, then back + button

Xeteh

hmm, I wonder if Floe won't be on Capcom Pro Talk today, he's still streaming on his own. Maybe Combofiend will still be there?

Phew took some time off tilting in ranked and played some trials. After 20mins of frustration with Karins nr6 I finally got that down so she's done:D Feels good.

Xeteh

Phew took some time off tilting in ranked and played some trials. After 20mins of frustration with Karins nr6 I finally got that down so she's done:D Feels good.

Grats! That trial took me 3 hours the first time. (I'm terrible) I can do it in less than 10 tries now. It feels awesome.

Xeteh

Capcom Fighters ‏@CapcomFighters 7h7 hours ago
We'll be showcasing Guile tonight on Capcom Pro Talk with @TheComboFiend and @ThatMikeRossGuy at 7PM PT!

I guess I could have just checked twitter.

~30m from this post for the non-Pacific Time Zoners.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
I at a bit of a limbo right now. I have dabbled with Alex, using him strictly since he dropped, and still he doesn't click. I got my ass kicked by Edgeward and co. in a lounge, which is fine, no complaints, it's just that I'd lose *less* worse using my old mains, like Mika or Birdie or Bison. With Alex I feel the struggle even more than normal, basically.

Guess I will switch up to Guile in a few days.

mbpm1

Who ya trying?

I play Vega.

Tried both Cammy and Birdie and neither suited me. Also I got salty as fuck bc I lost to things I would be able to deal with with my main.

Then I went back to Vega but since I'd spent an hour or two with other chars I lost to stuff I would have otherwise dealt with before and got even saltier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom