• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well fellas, it was fun, and I really tried. But my problems with this game are 100% physical reaction. Nothing I can do about that.

Literally just lost a game where a guy did nothing but jump-in LP and crouch MK, and even though I knew exactly what to expect after the first round, how to beat it, and read him like a book I couldn't AA with jab or DP in time.

Selling the game off tomorrow and selling off the stick. Sorry street fighter, you aren't for me. I've put in countless hours of practice and it's just pure fucking speed that's stopping me, not reads. I legitimately do not have the reaction time to play this game.

Mr. X

That was fun. Big change of pace from my normal Ken buddy. Your spacing was crazy, was hard to crLP any openings. Ggs Omni.

Well fellas, it was fun, and I really tried. But my problems with this game are 100% physical reaction. Nothing I can do about that.

Literally just lost a game where a guy did nothing but jump-in LP and crouch MK, and even though I knew exactly what to expect after the first round, how to beat it, and read him like a book I couldn't AA with jab or DP in time.

Selling the game off tomorrow and selling off the stick. Sorry street fighter, you aren't for me. I've put in countless hours of practice and it's just pure fucking speed that's stopping me, not reads. I legitimately do not have the reaction time to play this game.

I would at least wait until Guile is released this Thursday. He is a zoner and would suit a more defensive style of play that will be different form everyone in the game now. Just try it.

Mr. X

What kind of stick and how much?

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth

Ah, man. This makes me sad, for real. Just give it a few days off at least and come back and see. Sometimes time off helps.

You shouldn't make any decisions based on taking a bad L. Take a few days off and see if you feel the same way.

Mediking

Forgotten Waterfall is a stage where I am so focused. It's just enough where I am so concentrated on fighting instead of how pretty it is. Kanzuki Estate, Bustling Side Street, and all the others are pretty nice.... but they can be distracting to me.

Imm0rt4l

imm0rt4l i saw that double perfect you uploaded lol

you should be able to get a fully charged thunder clap after the stun before you go into the twist barrage

haha thanks for the advice, I only upped it to show the guy receipts. For when he wanted to pop off, petty af haha.

On that note, who are some good laura players I should follow on cfn. I haven't really used the replay feature at all yet. V-Ryu, wolfkrone and kindevu I think?

Dimmle

If I remember correctly it's Chun-Li's H Jump Kick -> Medium Punch -> Light Kick -> EX Hyakuretsukyaku. I'll try to practice buffering!

I did it! I'm up to Trial 6 for Chun-li.

Do you guys have any tips for a casual player just trying to get a little better at Street Fighter? Would you suggest just playing a lot of matches online? What are some bad habits to avoid?

Do you guys have any tips for a casual player just trying to get a little better at Street Fighter? Would you suggest just playing a lot of matches online? What are some bad habits to avoid?

- I would play sets against stronger players.
- Try not to mash, but know when you want to do a reversal and not
- Have a game plan versus each character
- Learn the most unsafe moves of each character
- Learn the bread and butter combos of your personal character

cHaotix8

biggest thing is anti air. I find when I can do that consistently is when I can really start playing the game. Chun has a really good one with her st lk too so it shouldn't be too hard for you to get it down.

Sorry to hear it mate, but yeah, it’s not for everyone. You might want to try Guile before you leave though. Charge characters might be easier for you. You don’t have to DP with Guile to AA, but usually his buttons do the trick, or holding down and sliding to up and kick to do a blade kick. I find them pretty easy on Pad as well.

Was he a Ryu player?

Play with someone you know is better than you, or is a good theory fighter, and do voice chat.

Edgeward

I just need Capcom to offer a way to unlock all colors. Let me give you 5 bucks, you scammers.

I only have Karin's trials left and I think that will be quite the hurdle for me.

Man, even though I love Nash, I'm getting kinda bored with him. I'll try Guile when he comes out, and if I don't like him then Balrog's my last resort ;_;

Do you guys think Rog will stay a charge character or get reworked to motion? I'm thinking he might get changed like Vega so that 2 of the four kings are charge (Bison, FANG), and the other 2 are motion. I would love for him to be motion tbh.

FluxWaveZ

Do you guys think Rog will stay a charge character or get reworked to motion? I'm thinking he might get changed like Vega so that 2 of the four kings are charge (Bison, FANG), and the other 2 are motion. I would love for him to be motion tbh.

Balrog being a motion character would be THE thing that makes me the angriest at this game.

Astrael

I feel like they might give him one motion control and keep the rest charge. Dudley is traditionally motion control so I figured if they plan on adding him later they might want to keep the two boxer control styles distinct to mirror their fighting styles.

Edgeward

If they wanted a boxer with motion moves they would just put in dudley. Rog's moves and style are built around them being charged.

Big Brett

So last night I faced a Mika who was literally just jumping and using light/medium normals that were all plus on block. My question is how in the hell do I answer that? They kept jumping over me and l.p l.p l.k it was the dumbest thing and I was so mad at myself because I had no idea what to do.

Wallach

Hard to say. I feel like they'll probably keep TAP as it is, and rush punches remain charge, with maybe headbutt getting a DP motion. I expect QCFx2 CA.

I'm guessing hybrid like bison. At the same time he might be fully charged because people that like charge characters aren't necessarily guile players. If they made him motion I think they'd have to rework the properties of his specials because him having access to all those damn dash punches without charge is scary.

What would make me mad is if they changed Urien to an all charge or all motion character. He is already a mixture so no reason to change it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom