• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Do you guys think Rog will stay a charge character or get reworked to motion? I'm thinking he might get changed like Vega so that 2 of the four kings are charge (Bison, FANG), and the other 2 are motion. I would love for him to be motion tbh.

I have a feeling Rog was redesigned.

GGs moris. You're Alex is pretty scary. I think I only managed to stop the dash in power bomb once or twice. Gotta work on my punishes with Nash, and not to overcommit on certain things. Is your main Nash? Any tips would be great.

Big Brett

So last night I faced a Mika who was literally just jumping and using light/medium normals that were all plus on block. My question is how in the hell do I answer that? They kept jumping over me and l.p l.p l.k it was the dumbest thing and I was so mad at myself because I had no idea what to do.

Quoting for new page to see if anyone can offer some advice.

LegendX48

I think I've asked this before but can't recall but... what's a good anti air for Laura? I can sometimes react and do her heavy bolt but more often than not I don't do it and get pummeled >.>

Morris

Disco Devil
GGs moris. You're Alex is pretty scary. I think I only managed to stop the dash in power bomb once or twice. Gotta work on my punishes with Nash, and not to overcommit on certain things. Is your main Nash? Any tips would be great.

GGs man. Who's your main? I main Nash but I've been playing Alex lately trying to up my yomi game. It's hard switching characters abruptly since I keep thinking nash also has those nasty big ass normals, I got to take so time to readjust lol.

Some tips to improve your Nash: use your cr mk in the mid range to push people away more and work on your keepaway game, don't be afraid to just run away, especially against Alex, just keep backdashing and throwing booms and always have an anti air ex scythe ready for any jump ins. Use mk scythe sparsely in the mid range to stop any ground advances , learn the spacing needed to make it safe on block as well. You had a certain reliance on dash-in throw, while it is indeed a good tool, it can get you blown up pretty hard if you get too predictable with it, try mixing up your approaches using more overheads, lows and walk back / dash back shimmies.

In the Alex matchup: I think it's a bit in Nash's favor if you're able to successfully keep him out, just like the Mika and Laura matchup, it can be over in 3 50/50s if you let him in. What you want to do is to mantain your distance, do not throw regular booms when you see him holding a charge with meter, let him come to you via jump ins or walks and punish accordingly. A lot of times I managed to get in by positioning myself in ex elbow range and waiting for you to throw a boom, in those cases you just need to be patient and wait for it or maybe bait it by whiffing normals in a safe screen position, ex elbow is very punishable on block. If Alex manages to get in focus completely in defense and escaping with v reversal, don't press buttons when he's looking to frame trap you but be ready to react with cr mk or sweep against any dash ins. So yeah just be patient and you can keep Alex in check pretty easily.

Edgeward

It's nice when you meet someone that bodied you in the first month the game came out and then proceed to take them down convincingly now.

Renekton

I think I've asked this before but can't recall but... what's a good anti air for Laura? I can sometimes react and do her heavy bolt but more often than not I don't do it and get pummeled >.>
Standing MP then V-skill forward

It's nice when you meet someone that bodied you in the first month the game came out and then proceed to take them down convincingly now.
Almost never happens to me. They usually level up as well altho the loss is closer...

simtmb

Can't seem to identify why the game keeps minimizing on me. I guess i'll start playing windowed mode, should help i hope.

On another note, Guile looks pretty solid, interested to see how a few match ups will play out, particularly with Nash, Sim and Ryu. His v-skill and trigger seem strong as well as his normals, walk speed also appears to be quite quick so I may look to use him, but that crouch walk lol, looks a bit silly.

LegendX48

feel like I just played a lag switcher or something o.o

lost the first match straight up. Won the first round of the second match and then the 2nd round starting lagging out of nowhere. Needless to say, I lost >.>

GGs man. Who's your main? I main Nash but I've been playing Alex lately trying to up my yomi game. It's hard switching characters abruptly since I keep thinking nash also has those nasty big ass normals, I got to take so time to readjust lol.

I main Mika, so it's definitely a transition going to Nash and playing more mid/long range. Getting used to a new characters AA's is also a struggle too lol, though Nash has quite a few so it's not too bad.

Mediking

It's a shame fighting someone online doesn't show you if you've fought them before on the VS screen. I don't remember anybody's name who I fought.

Edzi

So I'm new at this mod stuff and I have a question. I got the 1 round survival mode mod because I wanted to finally see the colors, but after doing it with Alex I realized that you get fight money, which is something Capcom will likely start caring about and I don't want to risk a ban or anything over colors. Is it safe to keep doing this, or should I be getting the costumes offline?

So I'm new at this mod stuff and I have a question. I got the 1 round survival mode mod because I wanted to finally see the colors, but after doing it with Alex I realized that you get fight money, which is something Capcom will likely start caring about and I don't want to risk a ban or anything over colors. Is it safe to keep doing this, or should I be getting the costumes offline?
I haven't used any mods myself (I'm on PS4) but I assume it's safe for now. I don't think Capcom has implemented any real way to track something like this. Even if they did, it'd probably punish attempts that happen after it's released, not anything that happened before.

hamchan

No one really knows if it's safe or not so it's up to you if you want to risk it.

Spuck-uk

Banned
haha thanks for the advice, I only upped it to show the guy receipts. For when he wanted to pop off, petty af haha.

On that note, who are some good laura players I should follow on cfn. I haven't really used the replay feature at all yet. V-Ryu, wolfkrone and kindevu I think?

Vryu, automattock, Mister Crimson, Will2Pac, Afii. ImStillTheDaddy has I think the highest ranked Laura at the moment

Why? It would make him 100% better
I think charge players like for everything to be charge, and we have mostly all hybrids at the moment Guile/Rog being pure charge would be cool IMO. Maybe just give him a special that’s not charge or something if it’s his dirty bull.

Trickster

How does Necalli fight Bison? Seems very loopsided. Especially when you're in the corner. Bison can just press buttons and repeat pressure stuff

Edit - And Vega too. His normals just completely destroy necalli's

Edit 2 - someone told me to just use Necalli's medium stomp yesterday for the big dmg combo's. But you can't combo into that from anything but a heavy punch as far as I can tell. Which makes it very hard to do outside of wakeup situations I feel. Does he really have no other ways to do solid combo's that are more than normal -> stomp???

Renekton

Offline for safety.

Damn no matter how hard I tried I couldnt stay awake for the whole pro talk (4-5am local time for me:p)

The 5 minutes I survived in the beginning made Guile look really fun and badass, they better release him before the weekend..

FluxWaveZ

Why? It would make him 100% better

Those who want to play motion characters have about literally the whole cast to choose from. A huge part of what made me a Balrog main was that he was a charge character, and it makes no sense for him to be that radically different this time around.

LegendX48

Damn no matter how hard I tried I couldnt stay awake for the whole pro talk (4-5am local time for me:p)

The 5 minutes I survived in the beginning made Guile look really fun and badass, they better release him before the weekend..
He will be out before the weekend. April 28th at 7pm pst

Those who want to play motion characters have about literally the whole cast to choose from. A huge part of what made me a Balrog main was that he was a charge character, and it makes no sense for him to be that radically different this time around.
Flux you sound like my friend Dangerous Dave, he's playing fang now waiting for rog. Lot of sets with him. Looking forward to playing yours. I have to trash your Mika one set to encourage you to switch ;-) lol

Spuck-uk

Banned
I think charge players like for everything to be charge, and we have mostly all hybrids at the moment Guile/Rog being pure charge would be cool IMO. Maybe just give him a special that’s not charge or something if it’s his dirty bull.

People who can't perform a quarter circle motion are strange.

Spuck-uk

Banned
It really wouldn't. It might make him easier for you to play.

There's nothing harder about motion versus charge, unless you literally have a disability of some kind.

All other things being equal for a move, motion is superior, as it lets you move forward while being a threat with that move.

Can't see motion Balrog being a threat in this game without some serious changes, as normals are generally shorter and slower across the board, and sweeps are universally unsafe.

FWIW I mained Balrog for most of 4, would be suprised if he didnt get a command grab in 5

Wallach

There's nothing harder about motion versus charge, unless you literally have a disability of some kind.

All other things being equal for a move, motion is superior, as it lets you move forward while being a threat with that move.

Kind of a pointless observation. When a move is charge instead of motion, all other things shouldn't be equal.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
People who can't perform a quarter circle motion are strange.

I love charge characters. Different feel/pace. On the opposite end, people who find using charge characters akin to speaking backwards while juggling continue to baffle me. I mean, they've existed since forever. They should always be included in a well-rounded roster imo.

B-Dex

So while playing ranked last night this Ryu bodies me. Then I take round 2. Then he gets round 3 for the win. We continue. I take round one. He takes round 2. Mysteriously as he gets bodied in round 3 lost connection. Lol

Them league ranks important y'all.

So while playing ranked last night this Ryu bodies me. Then I take round 2. Then he gets round 3 for the win. We continue. I take round one. He takes round 2. Mysteriously as he gets bodied in round 3 lost connection. Lol

Them league ranks important y'all.
hmmm..it's a reward system at the end of the day. I get the appeal of rank 100%

This option shouldn't be available though to R/Q most users would not abuse it if it did something as small as lose you 50 points. I'm not sure the "can't login" penalty is the best patch for it, but we'll see next month.

I stand by my Virtua Fighter is the best ranking system philosophy. It rewarded good players and those who play a lot, and newcomers I would say fairly even.

Bizazedo

I stand by my Virtua Fighter is the best ranking system philosophy. It rewarded good players and those who play a lot, and newcomers I would say fairly even.
It was great, but there was a lot of fuckery at the higher ranks due to small player population / feeding friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom