• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xeteh

I thought Guile would have a 3f stand short but i think its actually 5 or maybe even more.

Its 5 according to Prima.

WHAAAAA!!

I just did it!!

This is tighter than a virgin in high school!!

How am I supposed to land this in an actual fight when I'm like 1/20

Man...Charge guys might not be for me...

Man, Guile seems like the perfect complement to Ken too

If I can get it there's no way you can't. Charge just takes getting that mindset of always holding your charge.

Jesus... how do you link 2 cr. MP + Sonic Booms? After the first Sonic Boom, I never have enough charge to do another one after the second cr.MP. If I wait too long then the cr.MP won't link. Shit is hard as fuck.

You don't have to do the mp into boom cancel really quick. You can give it a slight pause for the charge and it'll work. I just started to do that and now I'm able to consistently do it.

SephLuis

Guile is hella strong, but not for me.

Managed to do all his trials, story and easy survival.

I want Juri now -_-
More than ever. She has to be next

Scotia

Banned
Guile Win/Loss quotes

Alex

Win

You've got a knack for finding openings. Work hard and you could become a first-class soldier.

Loss

For a so-called army man, you dont fare too well in actual battle.

Nash

Win

Charlie...What on earth happened to you?

Loss

I have nothing left to say to you.

Ryu

Win

My blade tears throught anything. Even your Hadoken.

Loss

Still got that perfect guard, huh? I need to work a bit on my own.

Ken

Win

Your combos have improved, but your guard is still full of holes.

Loss

You'll never win a fight if all you do is wait around!

Zangief

Win

Your muscles cannot protect you against my techniques.

Loss

You should learn Cossack dance! It's good for fighters who crouch a lot!

Chun-Li

Win

The precision of your kicks unrivaled. You're as good as ever.

Loss

Neither of us must give up until the day Shadaloo falls.

R.Mika

Win

Dont think your fighting spirit alone will carry you. You need more than just guts on the battlefield.

Loss

I'm a pro too! A pro wrestler! I'll show you my skills in the ring!

M.Bison

Win

I'm going to make you pay here and for all the crimes you commited!

Loss

If you are a soldier, surely death in battle is what you aspire to!

Rashid

Win

Your speed means nothing if yoi use it on wasted movments.

Loss

Interesting hair. Does it help you with that move you pulled off?

Cammy

Win

Your speed still keeps me on my toes, just like always.

Loss

Your counters versus my mobility...This time victory is mine.

F.A.N.G

Win

Poison or not, you can't hurt me if you can't get near me.

Loss

You still don't get it do you? There's nothing you fools can do.

Dhalsim

Win

I've grown tired of your bizarre fighting techniques.

Loss

Your strength is your family. Do not forget that again.

Laura

Win

It sems you're not all talk. However, your combos are all over the place.

Loss

That hair style's pretty neat! Makes you look all serious!

Karin

Win

You use your moves well. You could go pretty far in the army.

Loss

Even precision can be a weakness. A pro like you should know that.

Birdie

Win

Your slow movements make you nothing more than a stationary target.

Loss

What's with the hairdo? Are you tryin' to threaten me?

Necalli

Win

My techniques are too powerful to be eaten by the likes of you.

Loss

Such polished battle techniques de...deserve to be eaten.

Vega

Win

Carelessness will only get you shot down. You should know that by now.

Loss

What a revolting haircut. It baffles the mind, really.

Guile

I know my own moves better than anyone. That includes my weaknesses.

ohkay

In the midst of all this Guile talk...does anyone know any good offensive Karins that stream often (or that I can find videos of)?

Hustler

WWWOOOWWW..... maybe this has been brought up already, but do my eyes deceive me??? No more dithering shadows on PS4???? YYEEESSS

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Anybody else's game acting mad unstable ever since the update? Getting a lot of hangs on startup and hangs while trying to find an opponent.

Mediking

Guile Win/Loss quotes

Alex

Win

You've got a knack for finding openings. Work hard and you could become a first-class soldier.

Loss

For a so-called army man, you dont fare too well in actual battle.

Nash

Win

Charlie...What on earth happened to you?

Loss

I have nothing left to say to you.

Ryu

Win

My blade tears throught anything. Even your Hadoken.

Loss

Still got that perfect guard, huh? I need to work a bit on my own.

Ken

Win

Your combos have improved, but your guard is still full of holes.

Loss

You'll never win a fight if all you do is wait around!

Zangief

Win

Your muscles cannot protect you against my techniques.

Loss

You should learn Cossack dance! It's good for fighters who crouch a lot!

Chun-Li

Win

The precision of your kicks unrivaled. You're as good as ever.

Loss

Neither of us must give up until the day Shadaloo falls.

R.Mika

Win

Dont think your fighting spirit alone will carry you. You need more than just guts on the battlefield.

Loss

I'm a pro too! A pro wrestler! I'll show you my skills in the ring!

M.Bison

Win

I'm going to make you pay here and for all the crimes you commited!

Loss

If you are a soldier, surely death in battle is what you aspire to!

Rashid

Win

Your speed means nothing if yoi use it on wasted movments.

Loss

Interesting hair. Does it help you with that move you pulled off?

Cammy

Win

Your speed still keeps me on my toes, just like always.

Loss

Your counters versus my mobility...This time victory is mine.

F.A.N.G

Win

Poison or not, you can't hurt me if you can't get near me.

Loss

You still don't get it do you? There's nothing you fools can do.

Dhalsim

Win

I've grown tired of your bizarre fighting techniques.

Loss

Your strength is your family. Do not forget that again.

Laura

Win

It sems you're not all talk. However, your combos are all over the place.

Loss

That hair style's pretty neat! Makes you look all serious!

Karin

Win

You use your moves well. You could go pretty far in the army.

Loss

Even precision can be a weakness. A pro like you should know that.

Birdie

Win

Your slow movements make you nothing more than a stationary target.

Loss

What's with the hairdo? Are you tryin' to threaten me?

Necalli

Win

My techniques are too powerful to be eaten by the likes of you.

Loss

Such polished battle techniques de...deserve to be eaten.

Vega

Win

Carelessness will only get you shot down. You should know that by now.

Loss

What a revolting haircut. It baffles the mind, really.

Guile

I know my own moves better than anyone. That includes my weaknesses.

Thanks for sharing this.

Played 2 casual matches against two guile players and even though I won both, the 2nd guile was pretty good. I can tell once people put some work in he's going to be a problem.

I'll try to make him my secondary but I'm just not a fan of charging.

Quesa

Still not getting the trial #7 combo super-consistently, but at least now I know the actual timing I need to learn: if you're having problems with it, holding back right after s.HP may not be your issue (though you should immediately start holding back after pressing s.HP) -- it's when you go for the actual Sonic Boom motion. You can delay the Sonic Boom cancel after the c.MP just a hair and get it. Don't immediately try to cancel the c.MP. That extra time makes the difference.

I hope better BnB combos emerge, because this one is rough, man. Kinda surprised it made it after all their talk about making combos easier.

Also! If you're not trying to get the actual trial done and want to learn it for fightin', know that you can cancel c.MP into any Sonic Boom, not just the HP one.

hamchan

Guile is fun. Need to practice the flash kick into critical art more because I just can't do it most of the time. Especially since flash kick is quite often a combo ender so cancelling into CA is important.

Astrael

Maybe a coincidence but the matchmaking adjustments seems to have modified the pool of ranks matched against, I just got placed against an Ultra Silver Laura (I'm at Super Bronze). Before today, the highest rank I fought would be the Silver ranks in the low 2000s.

rec0ded1

He feels closer than ever to SF2 to me. His charge times are ridiculous.

He's going to be such a problem.

No doubt but no one lets me jump in and combo them ;_;. He's going to be nuts looking at what infiltration can do with him already.

Just had a slideshow match and noticed his hair actually moves with punches etc. cool hadn't noticed that.

TheOGB

Banned
WWWOOOWWW..... maybe this has been brought up already, but do my eyes deceive me??? No more dithering shadows on PS4???? YYEEESSS
Unfortunately it's still there, but it might have been lessened?
streetfighterv_201604x2a83.png

streetfighterv_201604wkbwy.png

streetfighterv_201604foluc.png

streetfighterv_20160491xy9.png

.....Mayyyybeeeee???

Dont know if its been talked about already but, did you guys know his vtrigger booms can be thrown at different speeds? If your just doing raw vtrigger booms, his first booms speed depends on what direction youre holding. Back plus vtrigger boom is slowest. Neutral vtrigger boom is middle and holding forward, the vtrigger is fastest.

Theres also speeds after canceling off a normal sonic boom. Pressing light punch after normal sonic boom will throw out slow mini booms, medium punch after normal sonic boom will toss out medium speed ones and heavy punch will toss out fast mini booms. Its how you can combo in the corner after dashes

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
I'm liking be little I've got to play to if Guile so far. Looking forward to delving deeper tomorrow when I'm not so tired.

After playing guile anyone who mained him in sfiv or even ST they are in for a ride. He is almost identical with some more added bonus like vskill. As a 1500 LP player i am beating silvers. Taking consistently rounds of Golds. most matches coming down to the wire. Even if i am losing. Ma man is godlike. Dieminion and KnuckleDu will destroy people with him. He is just the way he was nothings changed almost. All his normals are also godlike. back Standing HP is good and stuff most normals also CH, backfist leads to counter hits. Guiles FK it seems to be got back his invulnerability back. I am winning matches by just holding down back FKing frustrated players lol. FK hits even they are right on top your head just like ST. and nothing they got can beat my FK so far from what i see when airborne.

Also if anyone was worried if C.HP will be bad in this game as an instant anti-air...I can confirm its just as good as before if not better. Because now it hits people right on top of your head maybe even behind you.

So I just woke up and I'm downloading the patch right now. Is there anything interesting bundled with the update other than the expected Guile, Guile's stage and rage quit fixes?

Maybe some premium costumes or something?

Guile seems good. With the Flash Kick shortcut you can actually combo sonic boom into flash kick. Also EX sonic boom into bazooka knee combos mid-screen for an air reset into easy 50/50. He might be too good with the flash kick shortcut.

So I just woke up and I'm downloading the patch right now. Is there anything interesting bundled with the update other than the expected Guile, Guile's stage and rage quit fixes?

Maybe some premium costumes or something?
Bug fixes too
Ryu/M. Bison/Vega(no claw)

Bug: After dishing out Ryu & Vega's (no claw) C. LP or M. Bisions C. LK, while doing a light attack rapid cancel at the absolite latest timing possible, if you input another action (V-Skill, Special Move, etc.) at the same time, if the opponent does an attack the "other action" will come out, and when the opponent does nothing, the rapid cancel attack will come out, creating a special option select.

Fix: Made the rapid cancel timing of said moves 1F shorter.

Ryu

Bug: In the guard animation branch of Ryu's C. HK, there was a counter box that was present up to the 13th frame. Therefore, during this time it was possible to eat counter damage.

Fix: Adjusted the counter box on Ryu's C. HK so that it is no longer present afterter the hitbox is not longer active.

Ken

Bug: In Ken's C. LP (including rapid cancels), for the 3 frames that it takes for the hitbox to become active, there wasn't a crouching state set to the move. This allowed moves that are only intended to hit standing opponents to hit Ken.

Fix: Adjusted the first 3 frames of Ken's C. LP (including rapid cancels) so that Ken is in crouching state.

Bug: In Ken's M. Tatsumaki Senpukyaku, the feint box that causes the opponent to go into a guarding standby state was not functioning correctly. The V-Trigger M. Tatsumaki Senpukyaku also caused the same phenomenon.

Fix: Corrected the feint box on Ken's M. Tatsumaki Senpukyaku so that it functions correctly, forcing the opponent to guard when used from a certain distance.

Bug: When a portion of Ken's EX Shoryuken (V-Trigger ver. included) hits as a ground counter hit, the hit real animation of the opponent continues when knocked into the air, which is an unnatural behavior.

Fix: Adjusted that specific portion of the EX Shoryuken (V-Trigger ver. included) so that when it hits as grounded counter hit, the correct knock up mottion occurs.

Chun-Li

Bug: In Chun-Li's EX Hyakuretsukyaku, after the moves has completely ended (freeze state finished), she was unable to perform mobility actions (move forward/back or jump).

Fix: Adjusted EX Hyakuretsukyaku so that she is moveable after the move has completely ended.

Bug: In Chun-Li's J. MP, she can follow up with Yosokyaku to EX Airborne Hyakuretsukyaku on counter hit.

(There is an unintentional difference between the number of continuous airborne hit limiter values between when this hits as a normal and and when it hits as a counter hit)

Fix: Adjusted the juggle potential of Chun-Li's J. MP so that it is the same whether or not it is a normal hit or a counter hit.

Cammy

Bug: Cammy's S. HK's hit box is no longer active, she was throw invincible.

Fix: Added a throw box to Cammy's S. HK & Lift Combination while the move is active.

Bug: While Cammy's EX Razer Edge Slicer is active, she was throw invincible.

Fix: Added a throw box to Cammy's EX Razer Edge Slicer while it is active.

Dhalsim

Bug: During C. MK, Dhalsim was throw invincible.

Fix: Added a throw box to Dhalsim's C. MK.

Karin

Bug: When the fourth hit of Karin's EX Mujinkyaku hits an airborne opponent, the opponent's float is differed from when it is a normal hit and when it is a counter hit.

Fix: Made it so that the 4th hit of EX Mujinkyaku would cause the same float on counter hit as it does on normal hit.

Bug: There were 2 bugs in Karin's EX Ressenha.

①When the second hit hits as a counter hit, the opponents Critical Gauge increase would be "0"
②On counter hit, EX Ressenha's starting juggle potential would be "0" for each hit.

Fix: Adjusted EX Ressenha on counter so that the opponent's gauge increase and starting juggle potential are the same as when it is a normal hit.

Laura

Bug: Under specific circumstances, how S. MP hits changes from when on the right corner or on the left corner.

Fix: Expanded S. MP's hit box downward so that the move yields the same results in both corners.

Necalli

Bug: When rapid canceling Necalli's C. LP during V-Trigger, the advantage after hit would be plus 1F more than the normal version.

Fix: Unified Necalli's V-Trigger C. LP to the normal version.

M. Bison

Bug: When throwing an oponent with Psycho Fall, depending on M. Bison's position and the side he is facing, the distance the opponent is thrown greatly changes, which was unintended.

Fix: Adjusted the behavior of Pyscho Fall so that the distance the opponent is thrown is fixed.

Bug: When M. Bison takes damage in the middle of performing and EX Double Knee press, the opposing character's behavior would be irregular after the hit.

Fix: Changed the behavior after hit on the EX Double Knee Press.

R. Mika

Bug: In R. Mika's C. HK, there wasn't a throw box in place.. Even though the move is visually performed on the ground, it was throw invincible.

Fix: Added a throw box to R. Mika's C. HK while the move is active.

Alex

Bug: The the time frame of the stop theatrics applied to an opponent hit by Sledge Hammer differs from when Sledge Hammer is used on its own and when it is used in a combo canceling from another move. Due to this, the circumstances are different after Sledge Hammer hits as part of a combo.

Fix: Made it so that the time frame of the stop theatrics of the Sledge Hammer (when cancled into) is the same as when it is used on its own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom