• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

robo_qwop

I don't mean to be too salty about Guile, but this sonic cross mechanic is as much a ripoff of arksys (Ky's 236D) as focus attack is roman cancel. Thanks woshige.

Guile seems good. With the Flash Kick shortcut you can actually combo sonic boom into flash kick. Also EX sonic boom into bazooka knee combos mid-screen for an air reset into easy 50/50. He might be too good with the flash kick shortcut.

I think it will be fixed lol. it's too godlike.

I think it will be fixed lol. it's too godlike.

I don't want to jump to conclusions but it does seem like it will break for a few match ups.

BTW whatever the fuck they did with this update my Brook converter is now desyncing every 8 minutes where it used to never happen. Very annoyed with this.

I don't want to jump to conclusions but it does seem like it will break for a few match ups.

BTW whatever the fuck they did with this update my Brook converter is now desyncing every 8 minutes where it used to never happen. Very annoyed with this.

Do you have latest firmware update for the converter? I haven't used my converter in a while but that was my issue a while back.

『Inaba Resident』;202189767 said:
Do you have latest firmware update for the converter? I haven't used my converter in a while but that was my issue a while back.

I updated it the day SFV came out and had no problems with it desyncing till I download ed the Guile patch today.

guile challenges took me the longest of all i think. ch.7 was annoying with that boom. i always CA without the boom for some reason. still not too bad compared to the old games. finished easy and normal survival as well.

I've matched the same Gief like 5 times tonight is there nobody playing?
They've tweaked the matchmaking with this patch, perhaps the game is doing stuff like valueing the best connection for it's matchmaking? That would probably lead to a lot of rematches.
This I knew. What I cannot figure out is if there's a menu option for logging yourself out of the server to play offline...
Nope. PC version only has the option to quit the game and both only give the option to log in, not out. It's easy though , just disable your internet for a second. disable it temporrarily on the ps4 settings menu, or just disable your wifi for your PC, or just pull the plug for a second.

GorillaJu

Even after doing it once, I can't get trial #7 down consistently. I try to charge sonic boom as soon as I input HP but it doesn't seem like I get a charge fast enough for it to come out after c.MP.

You have to not only charge the boom fast but you have to do a slower cancel than you're used to. Just slow the rhythm down a few ticks instead of following your instinct which is to do the special cancel as fast as possible.

SFV allows for pretty late combo cancels and it's required for a few characters like Chun and Guile.

Edgeward

Got paired into a few laggy matches. Hopefully it's a just a matter of everyone being on and not indicative of what it will be post patch

I've been watching Star Trek:TNG for the first time. Had it running in the background as I opened this thread and this dialogue came out, quite a coincidence.

"You're outmanned, you're outgunned, you're outequipped. What else have you got?"

"Guile."

Big Brett

Well, I'm totally pleased with today. The downtime forced me to watch tourneys, and to grind out in practice mode. Went from 500 - 1000 LP today and I feel like I really LEVELED UP. My anti air game is getting a ton better than even just yesterday.

Glad I could pull it off with the Geif and his fucking spaghetti arms flopping all over me with his stupid ass ranged SPDs.

Can someone explain me how to do a Flashkick cancel to a Critical Arts ?

"Any tips on cancelling Flash Kick to Sonic Hurricane? Having difficulty with this trial."

Do down back, up forward, back, forward. The up forward will get you the flash kick, the back, forward will get you the super cancel.

I've been watching Star Trek:TNG for the first time. Had it running in the background as I opened this thread and this dialogue came out, quite a coincidence.

"You're outmanned, you're outgunned, you're outequipped. What else have you got?"

"Guile."

/Guile theme plays

bro it feels so good to have my main character again, Playing these high ranked players on casuals all trying out guile i am smashing on them lol.

Big Brett

bro it feels so good to have my main character again, Playing these high ranked players on casuals all trying out guile i am smashing on them lol.

I'm really happy for you because I know if my main from USF4 (Rose) came over to V I'd be on the fuckin' moon and feel so much more in my comfort zone. Character crisis is real in these early roster stages :(

I'm really happy for you because I know if my main from USF4 (Rose) came over to V I'd be on the fuckin' moon and feel so much more in my comfort zone. Character crisis is real in these early roster stages :(

whats even best is he is almost unchanged. If you knew how to use him in 4 heck even in 2 you will do really good here. I can't wait to see dieminoin or knuckledu in tournaments.

Big Brett

whats even best is he is almost unchanged. If you knew how to use him in 4 heck even in 2 you will do really good here. I can't wait to see dieminoin or knuckledu in tournaments.

Yeah man I can't wait to see some of these OG superstars get back to their mains. Gonna be so tight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom