• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Trying to make my mods work with the Guile update seems to have....deleted Guile.

His stage is still there though. Bizarre. I did the cache integrity check via Steam and 17 files failed to re-validate. It's downloading them now. *fingers crossed*

Trying to make my mods work with the Guile update seems to have....deleted Guile.

His stage is still there though. Bizarre. I did the cache integrity check via Steam and 17 files failed to re-validate. It's downloading them now. *fingers crossed*
hmmm were you using some kind of costume swap mod?

the DA_CharaEntry.uasset file changes every time the game updates so if your mod replaces that and the mod was made pre-Guile then it won't have reference to him in it.

vg260

Is it just me or did they tone down the posterization filter on Guile's stage?

Easily the best looking stage. Whatever they did to get this running smoothly, I hope they revisit the existing stages, and do the same, even if it means toning down or removing some background characters and/or animations. This stage proves you don't need all that to have a great looking stage, although nostalgia does help with the reception in this case.

Skilletor

Would like notations on all these Guile combos. Hard to tell the sequence of booms people are using during Vtrig. Last one is definitely light, but can't tell on the two before it.

Edit watched the vid again, it's just two booms. I can probably figure that out, haha.

Is it just me or did they tone down the posterization filter on Guile's stage?

Easily the best looking stage. Whatever they did to get this running smoothly, I hope they revisit the existing stages, and do the same, even if it means toning down or removing some background characters and/or animations. This stage proves you don't need all that to have a great looking stage, although nostalgia does help with the reception in this case.
I don't know what it is but there is something incredibly clean about that stage. Really nice imo.

maybe they're bringing back SF2 variable damage

j/k that hunch about when the somersault kick hits is probably true, I know Ryu's shoryu damage can vary depending on the height it hits.

7G update patch? Ridiculous, especially with how slow PSN download speed is.

Thought i'd check guile out after breakfast, but it's gonna take hours to download. Fuck this, off to the gym.

It is a substantial patch. Other than Guile and his story mode, I'm not sure what's causing it to be so large.
The content is stored in .pak files which are like containers that contain multiple files, but are quite large themselves. So let's say they need to patch Mika to give her a projectile, they have to update the .pak that she is in, which means that they have to include the rest of the .pak as well.

As a new player looking for a character to slow the game down (so I can actually process what's happening), I'm a little bummed Guile's combos are so strict. Regardless, I'll give him a week or two and see if it becomes more natural, otherwise it's back to Ryu with this scrub.

If you think thats tight try sMP, cLP xx flash kick

now thats tight af

Is that even possible? I got cMP xx flash kick to work as well as repeated cMP xx sonic booms in the corner, but I feel like you need to warp time and space to get enough charge for yours.

Yooo, Guile can end sonic boom motion at down-forward before pressing punch to start charging flash kick early

https://twitter.com/inoVSVSVSVSVSVS/status/725877265616130049

https://twitter.com/inoVSVSVSVSVSVS/status/725878023539412993

Does this mean you can sonic boom while keeping down charge? If so, how, because I can't seem to pull it off.

EDIT: For people struggling with the flash kick to CA combo, I found that db > uf > b+K > f+P works better for me than the db > uf+K > b > f+P that was recommended here. Flash kick comes out so fast I don't feel like I have the dexterity to do b > f+P before the cancel window is over, so delaying the flash kick helps with that.

mbpm1

edit: Looking at the footage, it looks like it might have to do with when in the arc the FK hits? The sooner in the swing it hits, the more damage? That's strange.

That's been a thing for Ryu's shoryu I think, so that's some precedent as to why he has it here maybe. Prima Games says that he has less damage after some frames, so it's real.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
hmmm were you using some kind of costume swap mod?

the DA_CharaEntry.uasset file changes every time the game updates so if your mod replaces that and the mod was made pre-Guile then it won't have reference to him in it.

Okay, so checking file integrity got me Guile back.

Then I checked my mods and sure enough, a Laura one had the DA_CharaEntry.uasset file you mentioned.

I deleted it and the rest work fine. Thank you!!!

Now I just have to wait for the Character Portraits full-color fix to be updated to include Guile.

Your speed still keeps me on my toes, just like always.
this made me imagine a sad cammy montage of battle stills which ends in a fade to white.
Okay, so checking file integrity got me Guile back.

Then I checked my mods and sure enough, a Laura one had the DA_CharaEntry.uasset file you mentioned.

I deleted it and the rest work fine. Thank you!!!

Now I just have to wait for the Character Portraits full-color fix to be updated to include Guile.
No problem :)

HardRojo

I'm gonna miss SFV for a while :( Dark Souls 3 is keeping me busy atm, then Uncharted Collection, Uncharted 4 after that, and I'm also interested in the new Ratchet and Clank game. Still, we have a Latinamerican CPT ranking event in Peru in 3 weeks and I might be on commentary or something, so I need to learn my Guile stuff.

>Beat the shit out of Ryu to the point where Ryu goes evil because Ryu asked for a fair fight

Happened in the Udon comics. Not canon.

>Oni says he'd be as strong as he is if he ditched the cuffs

"As long as you hold back, your destruction is assured."

That's the win quote. Could mean he might stand a chance without them, but doesn't imply he's as powerful. Anyway, that's the only form of canon that exists where he's touted to be super strong, which contradicts the rest.

>Punches through a prison wall to escape, while handcuffed.

Almost every fighter listed in that Tier could probably do that, and definitely the ones above him no sweat.

And all that without any special powers beyond just being a grumpy fuck.

On raw power, yeah, but that raw power is still ki-based, as is whatever anyone else does in SF. It's why Sakura can take on Bison with Ken and not get melted.

(FWIW Fighting game canon is entirely pointless, as nobody developing the game clearly gives a shit. See third strike)

True, but Capcom has a lot of detail behind SF lore. The plot guide is filled with stupid tidbits.

People acting like these combos are going to be the norm.

Ryu gets similar damage off of his vtrig combos for far less effort.

It's a lot of resources to be sitting on, also. We'll see if Guile needs to be using his meter for other things.

mbpm1

Abel is a shark

tumblr_o6djamtS171uwser4o1_1280.jpg

vg260

People acting like these combos are going to be the norm.

Ryu gets similar damage off of his vtrig combos for far less effort.

On that note, I'm just coming back to SFV after not touching it for a while, and people have been saying Ryu's near top. Other than him being solid all-around, what specifically about his move set are his highlights that put him there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom