• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mupod

You're probably not far enough back- you need a bit of distance for it to work, I believe; HP and c.MP together probably push you far enough.

that probably explains my problem last night. I was dashing forward after the f.HP instead of stepping as it was easier to get the HP to come out instead of some other command normal. Which may have screwed up my spacing for the super.

Can someone elaborate on how to connect a sonic boom into flash kick via the shortcut people were talking about?

The input is charge back f d/f+p d u+k. The game allows you to throw a boom via buffer from the f at the d/f position which allows you to charge flash kick during the entire sonic boom animation.

SephLuis

Juri and Balrog definitely seem more connected to the story than Ibuki or Urien do so they're probably the most likely candidates.

Honestly I expect Urien's story to act as an epilogue for the cinematic story, as a way to link SFV to SF3

I think Urien will act as the bridge between Season 1 and 2.

I doubt the story will end on S1.

Any lobbies open ? Would like to play. My CFN is SephLuis

stn

You guys hear the recent Tokido interview? Said Akuma will be in SF5 in the future, seemed very convinced. Perhaps he knows something we don't? As much as I am loving Guile, think I'll put him on hold until my HORI pad arrives.

On another note, is it possible to find matches on USF4 PS4? Considering a purchase just to have it on my HD. Why not.

As someone who has never put the time into playing a charge character, trying to do st. HP, cr. MP, Flash kick with Guile feels impossible. I think I've gotten it 2 times in 80 tries. I'm not going to main the character, but I'd just like to know how people are doing it so I can try for myself.

You guys hear the recent Tokido interview? Said Akuma will be in SF5 in the future, seemed very convinced. Perhaps he knows something we don't? As much as I am loving Guile, think I'll put him on hold until my HORI pad arrives.

On another note, is it possible to find matches on USF4 PS4? Considering a purchase just to have it on my HD. Why not.
Wasn't it Akuma who's been in the most Street Fighter games?

Akuma's a lock for a DLC character, the only question of course is when. There are 6 DLC characters this year because of the game releasing in Feb, having the first SF5 CPT, and having to release single player modes, fix online and bugs and make the story mode. The coming years won't have those issues so they can spend time focusing purely on characters, stages and the occasional extra functionality/single player mode which means that we'll almost definitely see more DLC characters next year as we did this year.

RK9039

I think the update has broken my game, it keeps going into slow motion mode. I have to alt+tab and then it goes back to 60fps.

Wtf is this, it's just one problem after another with this game.

Skilletor

As someone who has never put the time into playing a charge character, trying to do st. HP, cr. MP, Flash kick with Guile feels impossible. I think I've gotten it 2 times in 80 tries. I'm not going to main the character, but I'd just like to know how people are doing it so I can try for myself.

For flash kick, I change d/f immediately after the s. Hp. Also, you can cancel the mp really late. It's like chun's c. MK.

Producer

Hold down immediately after hitting sHP, and delay the flash kick cancel just a bit after doing cMP.

For flash kick, I change d/f immediately after the s. Hp. Also, you can cancel the mp really late. It's like chun's c. MK.

That's exactly what I'm doing. I'm holding down as soon as I press HP. Either I link cr. MP and get no FK or I get FK but miss the cr. MP link since I waited too long.

EDIT: Oh I see, the cancel window for FK can be done late. That's similar to Ryu's st. MP actually. OK, will try again.

EDIT 2: Wow, what a difference that has made. I've done it probably like 10 times now in the past few minutes compared to 2 for the past 15-20 minutes before I asked.

I think the update has broken my game, it keeps going into slow motion mode. I have to alt+tab and then it goes back to 60fps.

Wtf is this, it's just one problem after another with this game.
are you playing on a laptop? the game draws every single frame on PC so if your GPU is being throttled for some reason (or hasn't turned on properly in the case of laptop) that might explain it.

That's exactly what I'm doing. I'm holding down as soon as I press HP. Either I link cr. MP and get no FK or I get FK but miss the cr. MP link since I waited too long.

EDIT: Oh I see, the cancel window for FK can be done late. That's similar to Ryu's st. MP actually. OK, will try again.

EDIT 2: Wow, what a difference that has made. I've done it probably like 10 times now in the past few minutes compared to 2 for the past 15-20 minutes before I asked.

Yeah you really have to slow down the inputs. The gracious cancel window has to be used to get a full charge that is not off of a jump in or turtle. It'll almost feel too slow at first compared to the rest of the characters in the game.

RK9039

are you playing on a laptop? the game draws every single frame on PC so if your GPU is being throttled for some reason (or hasn't turned on properly in the case of laptop) that might explain it.

Nah I'm on PC, it goes back to 60fps after alt+tabbing so it must be something to do with this update. This wasn't a probably before this new update.

Mr. X

The secret to Guile and Chun cancels into flask kick and sbk is to special cancel after crmp or chun crmk hits, not when it hits. You only need to delay a tiny bit. It'll feel more like a link.

ElFly

Is that Guile combo the longest super-less combo in SFV?

Even if you take out the impractical across-the-screen-sonic-boom-into-jump-in, you are still looking at a super long combo with barely no multihit attacks.

Brett You definitely have the idea but throw out less chk. Man that thing is not safe. Also paitence my friend. Against guike you need that. His whole game is to make you frustrated. And you are falling for all of my fireball traps.

ElFly

Yeah, it's a good normal, didn't mean it that way. That's only for that 100% stun version. Other versions either really on a jump-in or a dash forward into st.hpxxcr.mp and then on and then on

The thing is he struggles to get to stun because of the INSANE 9% scaling by the end.

If Guile skips the first two or three moves of that combo, you probably still get a 500 damage and 700/800 stun combo.

Big Brett

Brett You definitely have the idea but throw out less chk. Man that thing is not safe. Also paitence my friend. Against guike you need that. His whole game is to make you frustrated. And you are falling for all of my fireball traps.

Yeah the chk spam is something I'm working on... it's so bad haha. So negative on block. I was struggling to get in obviously haha. Learning the matchup will help a lot

ElFly

Okay, it's time to revise the dumb story tier list because maybe four of us give a shit about it.

Trust me, I'm the guy who knows about this deepest lore shit when it comes to SF. I've read the plot guide far too many times to count and want to admit.

A few notes before we begin - this is updated from quotes from SFV and whatever else I can find, those listed within the tiers are in no particular order, and this does not count non-canon materials (like the Udon comic, movies, whatever).

Tier 1
Akuma, Gill, Oro, SFZ3 Final Bison, Ingrid.
Tier 2
SF2/V Bison, Ryu, SnH Ryu, SF4 Gouken, Necaili
Tier 3
Ken, Gen, SFZ Akuma, Rose, Nash, Urien, Guy, Seth, Oni, Sagat

Why would evil ryu and regular ass ryu be on the same level. And both above Sagat, and Gouken above Sagat and Urien seems wrong to me. At the very least, Evil Ryu should be above Sagat, and Ryu should be on the same tier as Sagat, and maybe move Urien to T2.

Big Brett

Managed to do survival normal with Guile. No idea how to play well with him though

Anyone up for some matches ?

I've got a room going what's your id?

Xeteh that thing you do with the super when I throw fireball is so sick. I had no idea that could go across the screen lmao. Useful to know!

Xeteh

Alright man, GGs. I need to get something to eat. That was fun.

Xeteh that thing you do with the super when I throw fireball is so sick. I had no idea that could go across the screen lmao. Useful to know!

Yeah, you can't fireball Cammy from full screen when she has super. Its 3 frames from start to hit so I can punish damn near anything.

That one round I won when I crossed under you and you super but I got the s.mp off before getting hit made me almost lose my shit. That was crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom