• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would evil ryu and regular ass ryu be on the same level. And both above Sagat, and Gouken above Sagat and Urien seems wrong to me. At the very least, Evil Ryu should be above Sagat, and Ryu should be on the same tier as Sagat, and maybe move Urien to T2.

I'd say Gen should be in Tier 2 as well.

Mr. X

Gill beat Akuma
You need to put the series. Akuma 3S would demolish anyone in the past and 3S Ryu would beat Sagat.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
You know it was worth it. :)

Haha I hope so, man. Was getting manhandled there, especially towards the end. We had a really good connection though, especially for West coast/East coast. Hopefully next time I will have an answer to your close jump-ins. At least I started teching your throws. At least. *hangs head*

Big Brett

Dunno if you saw it since I edited my post after the page ended but yeah, supering Fireballs is fun. The start up is so fast. I'm not sure if it'll work on Guile, I think his Booms are safe. Still zero idea how to get in on that.

I know haha. Guile's fireball speed is what was messing me up the most. Seems so much more variable compared to others.

Scotia

Banned
Found a shit-ton of new story bits from SRK. Some of it is known but there's some new stuff in here. I believe they come from a book with concept art and stuff about the characters and their links with other people/characters.

*Karin's section contains her gardener Kozuki, her housekeeper Ishizaki, and her butler Shibasaki.
*Karin is Birdie's "employer" and he is her "associate".
*Birdie was once a part of Shadaloo and former subordinate of Fang
*Shadaloo contain's Bison, Fang, Vega, Balrog, Dolls, and Ed.
*Balrog hates both Vega and Fang
*Fang greatly respects Bison
*Dolls are Bison's subordinates
*Cammy wants to save the Dolls
*Delta Red members are listed next to Cammy (Keith Wolfman, Lita Luwanda, Matthew McCoy, George Ginzu)
*The yellow box below Chun is labeled Air Force.
*The names listed are Guile, Sawada (SF:TM?), David, and Tailor (Guile is Tailor's boss).
*They were former colleagues of Nash.
*Guile is related to the Masters Family (Ken).
*M.Bison killed Nash.
*M Bison killed Chun father? (it's asking the question)
*Juri is under M.Bison and she hates him
*Helen is under Nash with a question asking "revive?"
*Below the yellow box are the names C.Viper and S. Raven with the group of Rashid, Cammy, Chun, and Nash being labeled as Anti Shadaloo.
*Below Rashid is Azam, he views him like a grandfather.
*Azam worries about Rashid.
*Azam is an old friend of Zangief, he's also acquainted with Laura's Grandfather Kinjiro Matsuda.
*CWA members are Zalazof and Colt (Biff and Gunloc from Slammasters).
*IJWPW (International Japanese Women's Pro Wrestling) members are Yamato Nadeshiko, and Yoko Harmegeddon.
*Mika looks up to Gief.
*Gief is acquainted with Laura.
*THawk and Hugo are listed in the box with Mika Gief and Laura.
*This box is labeled "Throwing Friends" (Wrestling Buddies).
*Matsuda's have their own box.
*Laura is Sean's unbelievably scary sister.
*Sean is Laura's adorable brother.
*Family members are Kinjiro, Yuichiro, Brenda, and Fabio (Sean's and Laura's other brother)
*Fabio is the brother of Sean and Laura. (Unlike Laura) He is a serious practitioner of Matsuda-Ryu Jiujitsu. He has directly inherited the art from grandfather Kinjiro. His name is Fabio Matsuda. He is tall and handsome (also wears glasses). His special move is the Super Triangle Choke.
*Masters Family contain's Ken, Eliza, and Mel
*Ken trained with Ryu under Gouken
*Gouken trained with Gouki and under Goutetsu (轟鉄 canon kanji spelling "Roaring Iron")
*Gouki kills Goutetsu
*Necalli has a question asking "Searching for strong warriors?" (I'm not sure if this is right)
*Names listed to the left of Necalli are; Fei Long (cinematography), Dee Jay (recording), and Blanka (filial piety "loyal to his mom")
*Dhalsim's section is listed "Curry Lovers"
*Oro is acquainted with Sim
*Sally is Sim's wife, and Datta is his son
*The police officers name is Mahesh
*Kodaru is listed next to Dhalsim's name. I'm not sure who that is (his elephant maybe?)
*Karin is searching for Oro to fight
*Karin is friends with Sakura, Ibuki, and Elena
*Dan thinks Sakura is his student
*Dan hates Sagat because he killed his father
*E.Honda and Hakan are listed below Dan in a yellow box marked "Looking for new disciples & A Gourmet Journey"
*Sakura looks up to Ryu
*Sagat is Ryu's rival and former member of the Four Kings
*Adon is Sagat's former student and he hates him
*Ryu respects Dhalsim

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/10644157#Comment_10644157

Xeteh

I know haha. Guile's fireball speed is what was messing me up the most. Seems so much more variable compared to others.

Tried it in training, I can hit Guile from pretty much full screen but I have to do it really fast. With like Ken and Ryu there's a bigger buffer window. Fucking Guile.

Ken is married to Guile's sister iic.

""Those combos aren't practical to pull off in a real match!""

People are talking about the full screen boom jump in setup combos on a backdashing opponent. You get more damage with less room for error in a shorter period of time with almost everyone else in the cast.

Alchemist

Found a shit-ton of new story bits from SRK. Some of it is known but there's some new stuff in here. I believe they come from a book with concept art and stuff about the characters and their links with other people/characters.

Ctrl + F "Yun"

Ctrl + F "Rose"

Disappointed.

qcf x2

1. Yeah, I think they're intended. Everything in this game is pretty deliberate, and I really doubt that testers didn't catch since it's pretty much the first thing people would try do do with a sonic boom. Charlie could do them in Alpha 3 with the same move. I do think he shouldn't get so many booms, though. Or maybe he should only get one speed. It seems to be the jab boom that allows the extension.
2. Not much more with Guile, anyway. There are only so many variation of boom, dash that you can do.
3. Make Guile block in crab walk. Just lost his charge.
4. See question 1.

So this is deliberate right, not indicative that Capcom is on some fuckery:

Quesa

People are talking about the full screen boom jump in setup combos on a backdashing opponent. You get more damage with less room for error in a shorter period of time with almost everyone else in the cast.

Will that particular combo ever win someone a tournament? Probably not. But it's not hard to imagine people learning less damaging but still ridiculously long combos in the future.

qcf x2

These are two completely different issues

Doesn't answer my question at all. My argument was that the character wasn't properly bug tested and is not finished/ready/polished. That includes the bathroom break combo. He said he's pretty sure they tested the shit out of the character. What I quoted next proves (to me) without a shadow of a doubt that they did not in fact do quality testing on the character.

Doesn't answer my question at all. My argument was that the character wasn't properly bug tested and is not finished/ready/polished. That includes the bathroom break combo. He said he's pretty sure they tested the shit out of the character. What I quoted next proves (to me) without a shadow of a doubt that they did not in fact do quality testing on the character.

Aren't there specific requirements ti replicate that glitch? You can't catch everything . In terms of those combos most people got the idea from Capcom themselves because they have shown combos similar in their trailers.

https://youtu.be/TzYEStnaXSQ
@ 1:25

myco666

Just booted this up after a few week break. Got back up to speed really fast and managed to win decent amount of matches. Probably because everyone was using Guile but I'll take them.

Also tried Guile in trials and only 7th one left. I can cancel cr.MP to Sonic Boom if I try it separately but in that combo I can't get the boom to come out. Feels like there isn't enough time to charge it after st.HP. Is there any trick to this trial?

People just want this game to be 3rd Strike.

Every game should be 3S.

I know everyone's waiting for Guile with baited breath, but rest assured we'll be back online as soon as the maintenance completes.

There's just tons of server side updates we need to roll out this time around including countermeasures against Rage Quitters, further Matchmaking optimizations, and of course new content featuring Guile...so we need extra time to ensure everything checks out before flipping the switch back on.

Meanwhile, PSN NA kicked off a time-limited promotion on SFV to celebrate today's content release. Many B&M and online retailers around the world also have good deals if you look around, so hopefully more folks can join in on the fun!
Is there any chance the Favourites fighter section will be updated to show the current online status of your friends? I've added a bunch of people and it's impossible to arrange matches with them if I can't tell when they're online. I'm on PC, I can add the PC players to my Steam friend list but it doesn't show PSN names so I couldn't add them to my PS4 friends list, even if I wanted to.

I also don't ever see invitations. They just never turn up.

The amount of resources and execution required to do roughly 30% combo in the corner to end that match doesn't prove much honestly. He isn't OP by any means. Most of the cast could probably do that 30% in less inputs with the same resources much quicker.

It is stylish though. The damage scaling without a jump and no super at the end is rough.

People just want this game to be 3rd Strike.

That is fine with me.

Scotia

Banned
Have more details about Fabio Matsuda.

https://twitter.com/takaNakayama/status/725301117060444161?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

This is one of the Japanese developers for SFV. Tweet roughly translates as

The secret of the Matsuda family. The brother of Sean and Laura. (Unlike Laura) He is a serious practitioner of Matsuda-Ryu Jiujitsu. He has directly inherited the art from grandfather Kinjiro. His name is Fabio Matsuda. He is tall and handsome (also wears glasses). His special move is the Super Triangle Choke.

It turns out that the groundwork for Laura and Fabio has bee set since SF3:

CaKifaXUcAEK9H4.jpg

This image is from a Japanese fan book for SF3 and talks about the Matsuda family. Sean, Laura and Fabio's father, Yuichiro, is a barber and their Mother is called Brenda. Fabio is 7 years older than Sean whereas Laura is 6 years older. Their Grandpa is Kinjirou. Fabio is apparently a master at Matsuda-Jiu-Jitsu.

Ohnonono

Anyone have opinions on the HORI Fight Commander for PS4? I am thinking about getting one but its a little bit of a drive. I have been using a PS4 Controller and doing fine with Necalli, but with characters that need to be using HK specials more I am having a hard time because I don't want it on a R2 because the trigger feels weird and on L1 I seem to miss moves more often because I am motioning with my thumb.

Mediking

*Karin's section contains her gardener Kozuki, her housekeeper Ishizaki, and her butler Shibasaki.
*Delta Red members are listed next to Cammy (Keith Wolfman, Lita Luwanda, Matthew McCoy, George Ginzu)
*The names listed are Guile, Sawada (SF:TM?), David, and Tailor (Guile is Tailor's boss).
*M.Bison killed Nash.
*Below the yellow box are the names C.Viper and S. Raven with the group of Rashid, Cammy, Chun, and Nash being labeled as Anti Shadaloo.
*Azam is an old friend of Zangief, he's also acquainted with Laura's Grandfather Kinjiro Matsuda.
*IJWPW (International Japanese Women's Pro Wrestling) members are Yamato Nadeshiko, and Yoko Harmegeddon.
*Mika looks up to Gief.
*Family members are Kinjiro, Yuichiro, Brenda, and Fabio (Sean's and Laura's other brother)
*Fabio is the brother of Sean and Laura. (Unlike Laura) He is a serious practitioner of Matsuda-Ryu Jiujitsu. He has directly inherited the art from grandfather Kinjiro. His name is Fabio Matsuda. He is tall and handsome (also wears glasses). His special move is the Super Triangle Choke.
*Gouken trained with Gouki and under Goutetsu (轟鉄 canon kanji spelling "Roaring Iron")
*Gouki kills Goutetsu
*Necalli has a question asking "Searching for strong warriors?" (I'm not sure if this is right)
*Names listed to the left of Necalli are; Fei Long (cinematography), Dee Jay (recording), and Blanka (filial piety "loyal to his mom")
*Kodaru is listed next to Dhalsim's name. I'm not sure who that is (his elephant maybe?)
*E.Honda and Hakan are listed below Dan in a yellow box marked "Looking for new disciples & A Gourmet Journey"
*Sakura looks up to Ryu
*Ryu respects Dhalsim

Alotta interesting stuff...
??? I thought Juri goes rogue after SFIV.

I find it funny that some of you actually believe there will be a Season 2 DLC.
yes, I forgot that Street Fighter V will vanish from harddrives and be unavailable for purchase as soon as season 1 ends

they have no reason not to. when all they have to work on is characters they won't need a huge team.

DD-11

yes, I forgot that Street Fighter V will vanish from harddrives and be unavailable for purchase as soon as season 1 ends

they have no reason not to. when all they have to work on is characters they won't need a huge team.

Which will leave the rest of the team to make capcom vs street fighter in the marvel engine.

*M.Bison killed Nash.
*Mika looks up to Gief.
*Gouki kills Goutetsu
*Sakura looks up to Ryu
*Ryu respects Dhalsim

that concept art of ryu in the downtown temple looks sooo sick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom