• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skilletor

So this is deliberate right, not indicative that Capcom is on some fuckery:

Doesn't answer my question at all. My argument was that the character wasn't properly bug tested and is not finished/ready/polished. That includes the bathroom break combo. He said he's pretty sure they tested the shit out of the character. What I quoted next proves (to me) without a shadow of a doubt that they did not in fact do quality testing on the character.

You do you, man. I'm not going to argue about it.

If it's broke, it'll get patched. If it isn't, it won't.

/me goes back to playing Guile

KingBroly

Banned
just did that one myself, it's kinda wonky. Going back down all the way to to up forward hk then quickly going back forward hp worked for me though the input display shows a big mess of garbage lol

See, that's what I thought it was, but I couldn't get it. Hate charge characters cuz of shit like that.

mollipen

I find it funny that some of you actually believe there will be a Season 2 DLC.

Diablo III soon after launch: "This game is a mess and it'll be dead soon."
Final Fantasy XIV soon after launch: "This game is a mess and it'll be dead soon."
Destiny soon after launch: "This game is a mess and it'll be dead soon."
The Division currently: "This game is a mess and it'll be dead soon."

KingBroly

Banned
Yeah, I can't do Guile's 9th Trial. It's so...inconsistent. That's what I feel is wrong with charge characters. There's nothing really to tell you that what you're doing is right in regards to charging. Like...holy hell, they're expecting me to cancel an airbone move into a ground based CA. What.the.Fuck.

EDIT - Checked online and apparently you're supposed to go from Down-Back and make a 480 degree circle counter-clockwise. o_O

EDIT - And I did it third try. WHAT!?

mbpm1

Final Fantasy XIV soon after launch: "This game is a mess and it'll be dead soon."

The world is unfair.

To be fair those games sold a lot better iirc.

Xeteh

Yeah, I can't do Guile's 9th Trial. It's so...inconsistent. That's what I feel is wrong with charge characters. There's nothing really to tell you that what you're doing is right in regards to charging. Like...holy hell, they're expecting me to cancel an airbone move into a ground based CA. What.the.Fuck.

My issue with it is that it feels incredibly hard to do the CA (and the FKxxCA) motion on a pad. I play with the DS4 and use the DPad, I cannot consistently get the bfbf out to cancel, much less the db>uf>b>f required for Flask to CA. I ended up having to use the analog stick for those and that isn't something I can do in matches. I can't do a QCF on the analog stick without jumping.

Charge characters make me think I'd do better with a stick but people tend to say charge characters work well on pad. Definitely not for me.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth

Broly, we discussed this. First you charge moxie for about 2 seconds. Then you let loose hard work in an upwards motion. Lastly, you slam grit forward, then back, and then forward. You can do this. If not, go home and be a family man.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder

Well there is a critical difference between all of those games and SFV. They were all huge sales successes, SFV is a colossal failure.

KingBroly

Banned
My issue with it is that it feels incredibly hard to do the CA (and the FKxxCA) motion on a pad. I play with the DS4 and use the DPad, I cannot consistently get the bfbf out to cancel, much less the db>uf>b>f required for Flask to CA. I ended up having to use the analog stick for those and that isn't something I can do in matches. I can't do a QCF on the analog stick without jumping.

Charge characters make me think I'd do better with a stick but people tend to say charge characters work well on pad. Definitely not for me.

Broly, we discussed this. First you charge moxie for about 2 seconds. Then you let loose hard work in an upwards motion. Lastly, you slam grit forward, then back, and then forward. You can do this. If not, go home and be a family man.

I JUST managed to do it by doing churning. I just made a complete circle and a half and it worked.

Xeteh

I JUST managed to do it by doing churning. I just made a complete circle and a half and it worked.

Someone suggested that in this thread last night, I tried it out and it felt even more awkward to me. Glad you got it to work, though!

First time I "finished" Trial 9 I had Ryu in the corner and the Sonic Hurricane happened too far off screen to hit him. I was basically the opposite of thrilled.

LegendX48

EDIT - Checked online and apparently you're supposed to go from Down-Back and make a 480 degree circle counter-clockwise. o_O

EDIT - And I did it third try. WHAT!?

yeah, I'm messing around with it more myself and it's really inconsistent. Sometimes it cancels into the ca, other times it just doesn't want to.

KingBroly

Banned
Someone suggested that in this thread last night, I tried it out and it felt even more awkward to me. Glad you got it to work, though!

I checked Vesper Arcade on Youtube, although the videos are quick and not really helpful since it's like 'oh, here it is.' with no real explanation otherwise.

Oh, and check out Ryu's arm on Guile's 8th Trial. Just wait and you'll see it.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth

Heh. Here's how I did it:

Charge d/b. Slam up for the Flash Kick, but make sure it's back-up (I basically rode the gate here), keeping the charge for the CA. *Soon* as FK hits, slam forward-back-forward & Punch. The other method sounds easier but I never tried it.

Xeteh

I checked Vesper Arcade on Youtube, although the videos are quick and not really helpful since it's like 'oh, here it is.' with no real explanation otherwise.

Oh, and check out Ryu's arm on Guile's 8th Trial. Just wait and you'll see it.

I find his videos pretty helpful. The SF4 trial ones showed me the timing I needed and he posted one for Karin's 6th trial and if I had seen that before I banged my head against it probably would have saved some time.

hwateber

First time I "finished" Trial 9 I had Ryu in the corner and the Sonic Hurricane happened too far off screen to hit him. I was basically the opposite of thrilled.
I think that was me lol. Feel the churn

if you wanna do list i'll add one

Titanfall "this game is amazing, oh it's dead now"

Am I doing it right?

on a more serious note, FFXIV had to go through a massive overhaul to get where it is now

KingBroly

Banned
I find his videos pretty helpful. The SF4 trial ones showed me the timing I needed and he posted one for Karin's 6th trial and if I had seen that before I banged my head against it probably would have saved some time.

I just don't like the 'here it is' video with no real explanation of how it's being done. Especially since his Trial videos are like 90 seconds long.

mollipen

Well there is a critical difference between all of those games and SFV. They were all huge sales successes, SFV is a colossal failure.

I'm not sure if XIV was, but sure, those other games still had better sales starts. The bigger point, though, is that people on the internet are ready to proclaim a game dead at a moment's notice, when things can always be turned around, and we've got plenty of examples of games where sales numbers were restarted once the proper fixes came in. It all depends on what the company does to turn around the problems—and, to be clear, I'm not saying that Capcom's current efforts don't have me a little worried.

Still, saying at this point that there will be no Season 2 DLC is utter ridiculousness. No way on God's green earth does Capcom abandon one of their biggest franchises—or their efforts to turn around SFV's success—that soon.

Can anyone help me with Guile's jump heavy kick into St heavy punch into Cr medium punch/flash kick? I never seem to have enough charge for the flash kick to come out.

Can anyone help me with Guile's jump heavy kick into St heavy punch into Cr medium punch/flash kick? I never seem to have enough charge for the flash kick to come out.

start charging immediately after pressing hard punch. this means you'll already be charging through the majority of the punch animation.

Hold down as soon as st.hp comes out. Guile won't crouch until the animation is done, but you'll start charging as soon as you input down.

giphy.gif

I hate this soo much, Meanwhile R.Mika can double her light C.Throw range.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom