• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattp

Someone did a RQ test
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Og-putHGI4&feature=youtu.be

tl;dr version:
- You don't lose Points, Streak or Rank
- Opponents get credited with a Win if you RQ
- If you Rage Quit 4 times, you can't play for 2 hours

Also, Guile is pretty busted right now. Ken can V-Skill right through him.

if i understood properly, you also get LP if your opponent rage quits. not just a win

thats good. but why the hell are there no penalties for the quitters?

Xeteh

if i understood properly, you also get LP if your opponent rage quits. not just a win

haunts is in a bunker somewhere handing out penalties personally to the ragequitters.

KingBroly

Banned

As the video pointed out, the guy's streak increased by one due to a RQ, so he got LP and the win.

Overall, it's pretty fucking stupid that you have to do SO MUCH in order to get punished once.

mattp

i just dont understand why they would only go halfway with it
if they can detect you disconnected and who didnt, which they obviously can because you get a win and LP if your opponent quits on you, then why the fuck wouldn't they dock LP from the quitter to deter it more?

That's pretty weak.

Not if they start bopping people who they see up in the queue.

if they can detect you disconnected and who didnt, which they obviously can because you get a win and LP if your opponent quits on you, then why the fuck wouldn't they dock LP from the quitter to deter it more?

Probably because Capcom's servers are ass, and bopping people on reaction for any disconnect is going to lead to them getting in trouble with people for "lost fight money".

But unless they work this in tandem with their previous RQ system, it won't deter people all that much in general.

Someone did a RQ test

tl;dr version:

hmmm that's not the best but it's something. At least people who get RQ don't lose the points they would have won, that's the main issue IMO and that address is good. But I'm not sure that's enough of a deterrent to stop the quitters. They need a title change or something

mattp

Not if they start bopping people who they see up in the queue.

Probably because Capcom's servers are ass, and bopping people on reaction for any disconnect is going to lead to them getting in trouble with people for "lost fight money".

But unless they work this in tandem with their previous RQ system, it won't deter people all that much in general.

it's not fight money though. it's league points
i cant see how that would be an issue
it's not like league points are used as currency

it's not fight money though. it's league points
i cant see how that would be an issue
it's not like league points are used as currency

You earn 50FM for a loss, and 25FM for a win. So instead of getting nothing (at least, I believe you got nothing), you get your 50FM regardless.

I haven't played Guile yet as the patch took me 10 hours to DL, so I left it overnight.

Anyone going to be around in about 5 hours for some late night SFV after I get home from work?

It still doesn't detract people from quitting. It doesn't scale up in terms of time. It's just a hard line at 4 times = 2 hours. In addition to having no points or streak loss.
Yeah that's my only issue with it. But generally that does address the biggest complaint with SFV and RQuitters. It was about the points you would have gained, this solves it and I think it will be a much less complaining spirit towards ranked now.

Yeah I can now start playing ranked again, my biggest concern with RQ'ers was wasting my time for nothing, I don't really care about how much of a fraud someone else wants to be.

Asd202

Someone did a RQ test

tl;dr version:

Just make people lose points and match when they lose the connection Capcom jeez. If it was due to network error tough luck, that's how it is in most games and it works.

ohkay

They probably can't detect accurately if it's a RQ or a disconnect, and the safer solution is to not punish the DCs even if the people RQing don't get punished

mattp

They probably can't detect accurately if it's a RQ or a disconnect, and the safer solution is to not punish the DCs even if the people RQing don't get punished

i dont think it matters. if you disconnect you get docked
just have it scale. the more disconnects the more you lose. so if its just a one-off mistake you only lose like 25 points or something

Asd202

No it's not because it creates loop holes just make people disconnecting lose the match and points. RQ problem solved.

Hey man I found a ton of story stuff on SRK which I posted on page 66 if you haven't seen it already.

Weird, I thought I posted about this! Guess not. Here are the things that stand out the most to me:

*Birdie was once a part of Shadaloo and former subordinate of Fang

I guess FANG has been around Shadaloo for a while?

*Shadaloo contain's Bison, Fang, Vega, Balrog, Dolls, and Ed.

Who is Ed?

*M Bison killed Chun father? (it's asking the question)

They aren't gonna let that shit go, are they?

*Juri is under M.Bison and she hates him

Yo what? I thought they fought? But Bison keeps people around who hate him, so maybe they mutually hate each other while doing the same shit.

*Fabio is the brother of Sean and Laura. (Unlike Laura) He is a serious practitioner of Matsuda-Ryu Jiujitsu. He has directly inherited the art from grandfather Kinjiro. His name is Fabio Matsuda. He is tall and handsome (also wears glasses). His special move is the Super Triangle Choke.

Wow, to give him that much depth like Karin's grandfather. I wonder if we'll see some past fights with some NPCs? Would explain how, again, some of these character are stupid strong.

*Sally is Sim's wife, and Datta is his son

I remember Sally. She's suppose to be super young compared to Sim. Like 15 or something in Alpha iirc.

*Ryu respects Dhalsim

I don't think they ever met previously, but I guess they are drawing inspiration from the movies/animes.

Cool stuff all around though! I love that they are putting more deets in the artbook, but hopefully they'll put this stuff in the story.

KingBroly

Banned
You know what's weird? No Colors 11-15 for Alex or Guile. Makes no sense.

I kinda wanna buy the Air Force Base stage, but 70,000 FM feels too much.

Someone did a RQ test

tl;dr version:

A 2 hour time out, that's it? That doesn't mean much in the end. How about taking 10% or 20% of their points along with the time out. I can understand people disconnecting accidentally, even if it looks like you rage quit. But say if it was 4 times in an hour and you only get a 2 hour time out and you keep all your points then not enough is being done. They're doing it because they value those points, you have to hit them where it hurts the most.

Xeteh

I haven't played Guile yet as the patch took me 10 hours to DL, so I left it overnight.

Anyone going to be around in about 5 hours for some late night SFV after I get home from work?

I probably will be and I have no idea how to fight vs Guile so it could be interesting.

Damn I'm only at 655k after doing Guiles stuff. No where near that 1 million. Really I think you have to do like everyone's hard. Maybe Guile is easy...

BiggNife

A 2 hour penalty is a start, at least. They've said that they're going to keep iterating and updating the RQ penalty, so it's not like it's going to stay this way. I assume it will eventually take away points.

A 2 hour time out, that's it? That doesn't mean much in the end. How about taking 10% or 20% of their points along with the time out. I can understand people disconnecting accidentally, even if it looks like you rage quit. But say if it was 4 times in an hour and you only get a 2 hour time out and you keep all your points then not enough is being done. They're doing it because they value those points, you have to hit them where it hurts the most.

Do you really trust Capcom's servers to be so perfect that they don't cause disconnects?

lawd7hsbc.jpg
LEWD

am I doing this right

Christ, I can do all of Guile's trials except for #7. Is there something I'm missing? I'm holding db as soon as I throw out st. hp. I can do cr. mp into super but not into a regular boom.

Scotia

Banned
Weird, I thought I posted about this! Guess not. Here are the things that stand out the most to me:

I guess FANG has been around Shadaloo for a while?

Who is Ed?

They aren't gonna let that shit go, are they?

Yo what? I thought they fought? But Bison keeps people around who hate him, so maybe they mutually hate each other while doing the same shit.

Wow, to give him that much depth like Karin's grandfather. I wonder if we'll see some past fights with some NPCs? Would explain how, again, some of these character are stupid strong.

I remember Sally. She's suppose to be super young compared to Sim. Like 15 or something in Alpha iirc.

I don't think they ever met previously, but I guess they are drawing inspiration from the movies/animes.

Cool stuff all around though! I love that they are putting more deets in the artbook, but hopefully they'll put this stuff in the story.

Ed is the kid from Rog's SSF4 ending and Nash's SFV character story.

I think 'under' Bison means that Juri's name is literally underneath Bison's in the book. I could be wrong though.

I hope Fabio becomes playable at some point.

ohkay

I think the 2 hour timeout from 4 RQs is right. Realistically, the people RQing are doing it frequently and are probably at a higher rank than they should be, and if forced to fight honestly will lose more often than win. If they continue RQing they'll probably hit the timeout fairly quickly

Duress

I can't do jump I'm combos with Guile. It annoys me that I have to crank the stick back immediately to get enough charge to do a special.

SSReborn

Quick question with regard to the RQ solution. So is it 4 quits within a specific amount of time or is just within your play session? Like how do they gauge that?

What if someone where to make it to 3 then reset their game entirely logging back into the server and start again?

KingBroly

Banned
Quick question with regard to the RQ solution. So is it 4 quits within a specific amount of time or is just within your play session? Like how do they gauge that?

What if someone where to make it to 3 then reset their game entirely logging back into the server and start again?

Well, considering that in the video the guy was disconnecting his cable, it's not per session, since he clearly had to log back into the server.

I can't do jump I'm combos with Guile. It annoys me that I have to crank the stick back immediately to get enough charge to do a special.
You can charge while airborne.

For example: ↗↙j.HK↙cr.MP→MP will combo into Sonic Boom. ↗↙j.HK↙cr.MP↑HK will combo to Flash Kick.

capcom left a file in the airforce base stage in the blonde girls' animations called "todelete.uasset" which means i NEED to know what it is

KT7SYxj.png

edit: nvm its really uninteresting.

Steroyd

Bloody hell I should have tried Ranked matches ages ago, thought the rage quitting would piss me off but it's so nice fighting people without wake up DP, and fighting a variety of opponents.

Someone did a RQ test

tl;dr version:

So what is the time frame of the 4 RQ? does it reset after a day, week, month? or just 4 RQ and you punished for 2 hours..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom