• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Of all the characters to get Marvel combos, I never thought it'd be Guile

the projectile mika deserves.
actionmika238stz.jpg

KAL2006

Banned
I just tried ranked and had 2 RQs and gave up. Seems like peiple can't stand playing against a Guiles with good spacing and projectile spamming.

KAL2006

Banned
Did it give you the win?

Not sure I didn't keep and eye on my fight money but I didn't get the win screen which shows I got fight money. Maybe it wasn't an RQ but a connection issue. However I did get disconnected just as I won a game. And the 2nd time I got RQq was when the opponent had barely any health left in the first round and I had near gull.

Spman2099

Am I the only one perfectly happy with the RQ update?

I actually don't mind RQers keeping their points if they aren't robbing other people of them. Like, this means they are just going to keep fighting a higher caliber of opponent, which means they are going to keep getting crushed.

I think that is pretty funny.

Yes, if it were up to me I would take double points from them. But this works too.

Xeteh

I actually don't mind RQers keeping their points if they aren't robbing other people of them. Like, this means they are just going to keep fighting a higher caliber of opponent, which means they are going to keep getting crushed.

Yes, if it were up to me I would take double points from them. But this works too.

It comes across as very half-assed. Like you can tell they don't really trust their own servers enough to come up with harsher penalties.

Tansut

So downloaded the update after going to bed last night and finally got around to trying things out tonight. Guile seems pretty cool. But I have a question.

I thought the Air Force Base stage was free for season pass owners? I've had the season pass before the game was even out, but it's locked and I have to pay 70K for it.

I mean this is what it says on Capcom's page.

We’re also excited to announce our first DLC stage, which is a classic that you all know and love: Guile’s Air Force Base! The jet receives a new coat of paint and you’ll probably recognize some familiar faces cheering you on in the background. This stage will be available in the Shop for 70,000FM. Season Pass holders will receive this stage for free as a thank you for supporting Street Fighter V.

Xeteh

So downloaded the update after going to bed last night and finally got around to trying things out tonight. Guile seems pretty cool. But I have a question.

I thought the Air Force Base stage was free for season pass owners? I've had the season pass before the game was even out, but it's locked and I have to pay 70K for it.

I mean this is what it says on Capcom's page.

Do you have the premium costumes for Guile and Alex? Their battle costumes? If not you might want to try redownloading the season pass. I just bought the pass today and I haven't checked to see if I owned the stage. Once I'm done with this I'll give it a look.

Edit: Yeah, I own the stage. Try to redownload the pass.

Mupod

Oh jeez I just got murdered by Kbrad at some play a pro thing. Only one guy even got a round on him though. Got to see Dieminion play guile too that was nice.

Csr

I think that youtube video explains the situation well.
What is the point of a ranking system if a lot of players are cheating their way up the ranks?
It just slows rq'ers progress and might deter some folks from doing it but it doesn't completely solve the issue. If it was the same as sfiv there wouldn't be a reason to rq other than salt and it was such a simple way of doing it, i guess some technical reason prevents capcom from implementing it or they are still afraid of server disconnects and people losing points for no reason.

Tansut

Do you have the premium costumes for Guile and Alex? Their battle costumes? If not you might want to try redownloading the season pass. I just bought the pass today and I haven't checked to see if I owned the stage. Once I'm done with this I'll give it a look.

Edit: Yeah, I own the stage. Try to redownload the pass.
Okay yeah, that fixed it. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom