• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skilletor

Well not just desk really, was just talking Guile in general. Infiltration has also been showing some stupid ass combos. The worst thing about em might be that 20 seconds long they seem like they never end. :p

Anybody have matches showing these combos are a problem?

I was hitting chun and laura with birdie's command grab over and over in two matches.

I don't really understand it though, I used it a lot after I had blocked an attack that i saw the player was usually following with another attack or lights.

I've never played grappler characters but if you block an opponent's attack that's not positive enough to be a blockstring and they go for a follow up attack, they'll get hit by the command grab unless the normal is faster than the command grab, right?

It just seemed to be working really well against laura or chun when they weren't real blockstrings.

Neoxon

Can someone check if Alex's intro subtitles actually match what he says in English? I can't get to my PS4 right now.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I was hitting chun and laura with birdie's command grab over and over in two matches.

I don't really understand it though, I used it a lot after I had blocked an attack that i saw the player was usually following with another attack or lights.

I've never played grappler characters but if you block an opponent's attack that's not positive enough to be a blockstring and they go for a follow up attack, they'll get hit by the command grab unless the normal is faster than the command grab, right?

It just seemed to be working really well against laura or chun when they weren't real blockstrings.
It works for zangief knee into powerbomb and boy is it nasty.

Edgeward

I think the netcode got worse. I am not getting matched up with the 4-5 bars I want sometimes and I am getting more mini teleports.

People still rage quitting.

https://youtu.be/E3SuL_yO52g

of course they are, but at least you should get the win for it.

I think the netcode got worse. I am not getting matched up with the 4-5 bars I want sometimes and I am getting more mini teleports.

wbacon said they relaxed the QoS constraints for matchmaking to improve the size of the pool you can be matched with and speed things up.

Skilletor

What's that, 350 damage off V-Trigger and 1 EX bar? Real problem, lol

Yeah...seems like the problem people have is more with the length of the combos, which is a legit concern, but the damage he's getting is actually a lot of effort compared to the damage the rest of the cast gets.

I dunno, I feel like nerfing these things would lower his damage out put, which would be a bad thing.

Too early to say, I guess. #theoryfighter

Also, probably shouldn't be able to confirm booms into those vtrig combos from c.jab. These combos seem like the type of SF4 style stuff that they were trying to avoid in this game.

Edzi

Has there been any real confirmation that you get ponts after a rq? We have players here and on Reddit saying you don't, and the only evidence we've seen is some video which may not be accurate since the player he fought twice could have had another match between their matches.

Edgeward

wbacon said they relaxed the QoS constraints for matchmaking to improve the size of the pool you can be matched with and speed things up.

Maybe I should restrict to 5 bars only but the queue times for me are longer too regardless. I am on the west coast and used to not have problems matchmaking but I noticed it's been a bit longer so far. We'll see as it progresses

OniBaka

Has there been any real confirmation that you get ponts after a rq? We have players here and on Reddit saying you don't, and the only evidence we've seen is some video which may not be accurate since the player he fought twice could have had another match between their matches.
I just posted recent vid above and didn't get any points.

I don't see a problem with long low damage combos like that. The timer is so long and matches are almost never timeouts anyway. If someone wants to style like that let them.

Edzi

I just posted recent vid above and didn't get any points.

Yeah, I'm thinking the original video was wrong then. Makes sense that it wouldn't work that way, since if capcom was able to tell which side was the RQer then the fix probably would have been easy and happened ages ago, or they'd just dock points from the quitter too.

If the 4 disconnects every couple hours leading to a timeout is their only solution then this is even more embarrassing than before the fix. Nothing is going to change.

Edgeward

Wouldn't capcom mention something like the winner still getting points in the patch notes? Seems like a dumb thing to do would be omitting it when people care a lot about points.

Birdie's armor moves really fuck me over as Vega in the neutral game

Yeah...seems like the problem people have is more with the length of the combos, which is a legit concern, but the damage he's getting is actually a lot of effort compared to the damage the rest of the cast gets.

I dunno, I feel like nerfing these things would lower his damage out put, which would be a bad thing.

Too early to say, I guess. #theoryfighter

This is how I see it. The amount of effort and resources used in that combo and only doing around 300 or so damage isn't really a big deal. I could pick ryu and do the same amount or more damage with only 5-6 inputs or so. I hope they don't nerf his damage as his speeds scaling on those combos gets down to 10%. The time waste could be a concern and I could see them trying to shorten the combo to keep st he players engaged. To counteract that he would need to do more damage or have less scaling than the rest of the cast or else I feel he'd not hit hard enough.

All these style combo videos are putting the wrong idea in people's head I think. Lots of them seem impractical with full screen boom chase downs and double jump in combos.

rec0ded1

Finally getting that old guile feel. Interesting to see how some people react when staying in that crouch position. Some people get shook lol.

Skilletor

This is how I see it. The amount of effort and resources used in that combo and only doing around 300 or so damage isn't really a big deal. I could pick ryu and do the same amount or more damage with only 5-6 inputs or so. I hope they don't nerf his damage as his speeds scaling on those combos gets down to 10%. The time waste could be a concern and I could see them trying to shorten the combo to keep st he players engaged. To counteract that he would need to do more damage or have less scaling than the rest of the cast or else I feel he'd not hit hard enough.

All these style combo videos are putting the wrong idea in people's head I think. Lots of them seem impractical with full screen boom chase downs and double jump in combos.

Definitely agree. Honestly, I love this type of stuff. The execution in this game is really easy for me, so it's nice to have some things that I can sink my teeth into to practice to get down consistently. I love everything about this Guile so far.

Man prolly nothing new for you mika players, but I was really surprised by this, I guess the mp srk isn't invincible until he leaves the ground.

InnocentJaggedBasil.gif

Deps

Mp dp is fully invincible, it just looks like his DP is running out of inv frames before it can hit you. If you were closer it would've hit.

Man prolly nothing new for you mika players, but I was really surprised by this, I guess the mp srk isn't invincible until he leaves the ground.

looks more like he lost the invincibility just as you grabbed him and the hitbox of the dp just whiffed.

or you might be right, idk.

Quesa

I've been trying for like the last hour to get the trial 7 combo minus super (j.HK, s.HP, c.MP, sonic boom combo three times in a row. I started doing it when I mashed c.MP, but I wanted to do without mashing it. No avail an hour. Got several 2/3s then started psyching myself out after the third attempt. Checked email for a bit, offhandedly went for a last run before I moved on, then get nailed it three times in a row.

That felt good.

Now I gotta do it on the other side.

edit: done :,)

Producer

Maybe I should restrict to 5 bars only but the queue times for me are longer too regardless. I am on the west coast and used to not have problems matchmaking but I noticed it's been a bit longer so far. We'll see as it progresses

Yeah, im also in the west coast and its taking much longer to find matches, and now i get matched up with south american players wayy more frequently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom