• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mediking

The longer the Zenny shop takes to open, the more people will get upset when they see Guile and Alex is stripped from them.

Mediking

Depends on how fast the game grows...

Don't let bad sales give the illusion that there still aren't many people playing the game. I know people who don't own the Season Pass yet act like Guile and Alex belong to them because of this long free trial Capcom is doing.

So I beat a Silver Mika, lose to an Ultra Bronze Mika and whoop a Super Gold Mika like she owed me money, almost all back to back.

Rank means nothing in this game.

Endo Punk

The longer the Zenny shop takes to open, the more people will get upset when they see Guile and Alex is stripped from them.

I was never gonna buy them so don't mind when they're taken. Happy that I managed to get extra fight money with them through story, trials and survival. All going towards Ibuki, Juri and Urien.

Endo Punk

WOW. Nice. *applause* I always cheer for my Bronze people climbing the ladder!

Thanks I feel sorta lucky, so many times climbing that ladder only to get knocked down. I feel my Bison really baits opponents into making mistakes or bore them with my turtle approach so I can reap the rewards. Id be nothing without head stomp lol

Mediking

Thanks I feel sorta lucky, so many times climbing that ladder only to get knocked down. I feel my Bison really baits opponents into making mistakes or bore them with my turtle approach so I can reap the rewards. Id be nothing without head stomp lol

I'm happy for you. It's one of the reasons why I stopped playing Ranked. I'm a Bronze Cammy main and I just got tired of the back and forth of getting slapped around then finally beating someone then getting knocked down again.

Who here has purchased Guile's stage? It's my favorite stage so far but I don't feel the need to buy anything yet (saving for characters and a cool Nash skin). I feel like, if other people online bought it, I have it through them anyways.

Also, they didn't go with the music they originally announced Guile's theme to be. The one with the long guitar solo that didn't start the actual song until almost a full minute into it. The song they went with is much better and more straight forward, imo.

cordy

Banned
I'm trash in this game now. After not playing for 2 weeks I'm being downed by Bronze guys when I, a Silver, was able to contend with Golds. Fucking ridiculous. I can't do shit to Guiles and Alexs for God's sake.

Endo Punk

I'm happy for you. It's one of the reasons why I stopped playing Ranked. I'm a Bronze Cammy main and I just got tired of the back and forth of getting slapped around then finally beating someone then getting knocked down again.

Hey take some time off, play Casual to improve your Cammy then get back in there. I'm sure can do it, just gotta discover what works best for you, probably best to play defensively.

I'm trash in this game now. After not playing for 2 weeks I'm being downed by Bronze guys when I, a Silver, was able to contend with Golds. Fucking ridiculous. I can't do shit to Guiles and Alexs for God's sake.
One of the reasons I refuse to take more than a day off from playing. I'm not great, but I've never been this good, consistent and serious in a Street Fighter game. I can see the differences in my play style from having struggled through a lot of hard losses already. I don't want to lose that momentum.

cordy

Banned
One of the reasons I refuse to take more than a day off from playing. I'm not great, but I've never been this good, consistent and serious in a Street Fighter game. I can see the differences in my play style from having struggled through a lot of hard losses already. I don't want to lose that momentum.

Yeah it's horrible. I've only won 1 match and that's about it and it's crazy because SF games are the only games this happens. I can miss time on Tekken and come back amazing, same with MK but SF? No. Take some days off and I come back and I'm being constantly downed, just horrible.

FluxWaveZ

Yeah it's horrible. I've only won 1 match and that's about it and it's crazy because SF games are the only games this happens. I can miss time on Tekken and come back amazing, same with MK but SF? No. Take some days off and I come back and I'm being constantly downed, just horrible.

It's also because the general playerbase in the game is improving constantly. Silver league players are far better now than they were 2 weeks ago.

ohkay

It's also because the general playerbase in the game is improving constantly. Silver league players are far better now than they were 2 weeks ago.
I figure it might go the other way because I haven't touched ranked for a few weeks and dropped about 15000 ranks (I'm sitting right at the beginning of Silver)

FluxWaveZ

I figure it might go the other way because I haven't touched ranked for a few weeks and dropped about 15000 ranks (I'm sitting right at the beginning of Silver)

I imagine that players will usually encounter opponents who are more active with the game than not.

You don't lose rank in Casual so getting paired up against somebody higher rank than you in Casual means nothing and is pure good practice.

Losing points in ranked matches doesn't mean anything either but I'd rather spend my time practicing against players I stand some chance against.
You would think there would at least be an option to limit match ups to within just one league up. I can compete against a lot of silver ranks I've fought but I get ultra silver or gold way more often.

Pompadour

I don't think this will be an issue. Of course, people feel entitled to the weirdest things. I imagine if the Zenny Shop was open day 1 there would have been cries on on-disc DLC despite people now bitching that it's taking forever for Capcom to sell those premium costumes.

Regardless, the trials for Alex and Guile are only good for consumers even if they can't see that themselves. 1) You get access to them which allows you to make some easy FM through their singleplayer stuff 2) you can thoroughly test them out to see if you would even want to buy them to begin with. I'm sure for a lot of people they won't even bother buying these characters if they are not their mains.

SephLuis

Chun-Li rules Cammy on the ground and in the air. It's frustrating

Since I play Chun-Li against another friend of mine that mains Cammy, I have to disagree.

Cammy doesn't have the advantage on the tools, but her mix up and damage output offset those disadvantages.

Xeteh

Since I play Chun-Li against another friend of mine that mains Cammy, I have to disagree.

Cammy doesn't have the advantage on the tools, but her mix up and damage output offset those disadvantages.

Cobelcog has been doing sets with Alioune every so often, apparently Alioune feels that Cammy has it rough against Chun. Who knows though, Alioune's Chun Li is insane.

Baleoce

Who here has purchased Guile's stage? It's my favorite stage so far but I don't feel the need to buy anything yet (saving for characters and a cool Nash skin). I feel like, if other people online bought it, I have it through them anyways.

Also, they didn't go with the music they originally announced Guile's theme to be. The one with the long guitar solo that didn't start the actual song until almost a full minute into it. The song they went with is much better and more straight forward, imo.

I purchased it with FM by accident last night. To be fair I was drunk xD Just kept pressing X and expected there to be more delay between the confirmation haha. It's a really nice stage though so I'm not even fussed, was going to get it eventually anyway.

I asked Justin Wong on twitch which matches are tough for Chun, he answered Cammy.
Don't understand why since I'm still new to fighting games and haven't face good Cammys.

Really wish they added a filter for connection in battle lounge, sucks entering rooms and finding that the guy is from Japan and he has 2 bars, waste of time.

ohkay

Maybe it's just me not being that great, but Chun gives me a really hard time

Trickster

That feel when you lose to a platinum player, ready up for a rematch and the fucker just lets the timer run out instead of leaving or accepting.

And then you get matched with them again, win and do the same shit to them as the situation has reversed

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
That feel when you lose to a platinum player, ready up for a rematch and the fucker just lets the timer run out instead of leaving or accepting.

And then you get matched with them again, win and do the same shit to them as the situation has reversed

I have time outs all the time against people I know in battle lounges with them swearing they hit the button, I was sure that was a bug or something. (Or they hate me)

SephLuis

Maybe it's just me not being that great, but Chun gives me a really hard time

I think Chun gives a hard time to everyone because she doesn't have any obvious weaknesses. She's just a great all-around character.

However, you have to work hard to play well with Chun Li and I don't think she has an overpowered trait, if compared to the rest of the cast.

El Sloth

Banned
Ugh, we NEED a region filter for Battle Lounges. I'm sick of hosting lobbies only to be relentlessly joined by Korean and Japanese players who'll immediately leave after they enter. I can barely find good matches here, so I'm forced to go to ranked/casual matchmaking, and that really sucks.
It really sucks. It's like Capcom was weirdly arrogant about their netcode being good enough to not need region filters or something.

Whales

Banned

I kinda wanna buy it cuz it has the best music IMO

But 70k for a stage is really a ridiculous price...

Black excellence is Syncere on GAF...

GGs btw, I'm actually taking a shower so you guys can stay in the room if you want but I won't be back for a minute. Take it easy on Syncere flux lol. Not sure he's dealt with a lot of Mika's lol.

sixghost

I just had a Connecting... thing over my screen while the match started and I couldn't control anything. Of course the other guy could play. This game is a piece of shit technically.

I'll say Xian is the FANG you want to watch. He's featured on Excellent Adventures with Gooteck and Mike Ross, but you could surely search Youtube for some more of his gameplay in tournaments. He's loyal to FANG.

Also Ricki Ortiz's Chun is on point.

Oh lol, my bad.

Search on youtube for Xian or SonicFox for FANG matches. They're really the only two that play him.
ChunLi there's so many people. Alioune and Ricki Ortiz are the first that come to mind. There are seriously so many Chun players they all melt together.

Thanks y'all.

Is Guile as good as he looks? Does he still have his air throw?

FluxWaveZ

Black excellence is Syncere on GAF...

GGs btw, I'm actually taking a shower so you guys can stay in the room if you want but I won't be back for a minute. Take it easy on Syncere flux lol. Not sure he's dealt with a lot of Mika's lol.

Ah, I see. Taking it easy on a Laura? Ha!

I'd appreciate some advice based on our previous matches; still having quite some trouble overall.

Ah, I see. Taking it easy on a Laura? Ha!

I'd appreciate some advice based on our previous matches; still having quite some trouble overall.
well you said Chaos was by far the best player you've face so I had to turn it up a little bit lol. But it comes down to reads and conditioning. Mika is a 50/50 character so, by nature you are going to have to be very creative to win consistently with her. You have to do more than one shimmy, empty jump sometimes, and offline you will get punished a lot more on wakeup for pressing buttons so know when to do that and when not to. It's an ok habit to get in online, but good players have there meaty set ups pretty locked down. It will stuff mostly anything Mika is trying to do on wakeup, even ex moves.

On Ken himself, there's not much you weren't punishing. You really didn't let me abuse Tatsu, and punished some of my runs so I used it seldomly. It comes down to a momentum game between the two really both want to put you in the corner, whoever gets there first usually wins. Ken has the benefit of playing defense, zoning, a bit, so you want to try and get in before i take the life lead. And be careful of dashing in on him point blank when he's in v-trigger. Ken hits pretty hard in V-trigger

Sigmaah

With guile, how do I get my special move to come out after I do st.hp into cr.mp. Seems like I have to be fucking perfect with holding down back the second I hit st.hp

mbpm1

With guile, how do I get my special move to come out after I do st.hp into cr.mp. Seems like I have to be fucking perfect with holding down back the second I hit st.hp

You do.

But also you want to cancel into the special as late as possible. Don't do it immediately after you hit cr. mp like you would normally, delay it.

I wonder how long Capcom can ignore the problems with the netcode. Faced two Ryu who starts to lag when their about to lose. Before that a Vega player who's invincible on wake up even back dashing out of a C.Forward.

Edzi

Anyone wanna play/any casual lobbies open? I'm still feeling like screwing around with Guile even though I'm ass with him.

FluxWaveZ

well you said Chaos was by far the best player you've face so I had to turn it up a little bit lol. But it comes down to reads and conditioning. Mika is a 50/50 character so, by nature you are going to have to be very creative to win consistently with her. You have to do more than one shimmy, empty jump sometimes, and offline you will get punished a lot more on wakeup for pressing buttons so know when to do that and when not to. It's an ok habit to get in online, but good players have there meaty set ups pretty locked down. It will stuff mostly anything Mika is trying to do on wakeup, even ex moves.

On Ken himself, there's not much you weren't punishing. You really didn't let me abuse Tatsu, and punished some of my runs so I used it seldomly. It comes down to a momentum game between the two really both want to put you in the corner, whoever gets there first usually wins. Ken has the benefit of playing defense, zoning, a bit, so you want to try and get in before i take the life lead. And be careful of dashing in on him point blank when he's in v-trigger. Ken hits pretty hard in V-trigger

Thanks; I tried applying some of that to our last match.

Though, suddenly I'm getting a bunch of rollback against you, unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom