• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
GGs. I'll be playing locally at a tourney for my first (and possibly last) time tomorrow, so I'll see how that goes. Don't feel quite ready, but eh.
Just have fun, many people will expect you to go crazy with Mika, but just play more calm, and I'm sure you catch people off guard. Mika is similarly equipped to Ken actually. Solid footsies then explosion in the corner.

myco666

This evening has been so great for me holy shit. Got 14 win streak and climbed back to Ultra Bronze. Then I get to fight against Super Silver Ryu which I thought was going to be a complete disaster yet I managed to win one set him and gain 111 points. I didn't even care for the set after that because I already got so many points that it didn't matter if I lost and I had won someone clearly better than me atleast once making my hands shake too much lol. I love this game so much.

Mediking

Who here has purchased Guile's stage? It's my favorite stage so far but I don't feel the need to buy anything yet (saving for characters and a cool Nash skin). I feel like, if other people online bought it, I have it through them anyways.

Also, they didn't go with the music they originally announced Guile's theme to be. The one with the long guitar solo that didn't start the actual song until almost a full minute into it. The song they went with is much better and more straight forward, imo.

I don't need to buy the stage because of the Season Pass. Guile's stage isn't bad but it's oddly bland yet cool to fight in at the same time. I can't help but look at it and think, "This doesn't look complete..."

I still want a beach stage. A stage that's deep in the forest. And a stage where you're fighting on a roof or something.

I SAID I'M NOT BITTER!

8NkcS6t.gif

Lol getting matchmaked with someone 10000lp higher.. This will be a long process getting back into shape. A few days away from the game sure makes me forget every single attack it seems..

RedAssedApe

Banned
For some reason I can't seem to get the charge on the flash kick down on guile trial 3. Oh all the trials wtf. Finished the rest...any tips?

Edzi

Crackpot, are you psychic? You've teched 99% of my throw attempts. :(

I also can't seem to deal with the constant neutral jumps.

GGs. I'll be playing locally at a tourney for my first (and possibly last) time tomorrow, so I'll see how that goes. Don't feel quite ready, but eh.

Is this like a bucket list thing? You just wanted to attend at least once in your life? I use to be a tourney regular but now I almost never go anymore. And to be honest it's pretty much just laziness. I don't want to drive an hour to Charlotte and spend most of my time waiting around. That's what I did for a 3 year period back from 2010-2012 before I grew tired of it and stuck to just playing online and watching streams. I pretty much only attend 1-2 tournaments a year now.

I started messing around with Guile again. Now that I've gotten a hang of the timing with him, doing combos with him is a breeze. I never touched Guile much in SF4 but he seems easier to play in this version. The fact that he can dash in and do good damage makes him more appealing to me. I said I would never play a charge character but I'm seriously thinking about trying him as a secondary.

FluxWaveZ

Is this like a bucket list thing? You just wanted to attend at least once in your life? I use to be a tourney regular but now I almost never go anymore. And to be honest it's pretty much just laziness. I don't want to drive an hour to Charlotte and spend most of my time waiting around. That's what I did for a 3 year period back from 2010-2012 before I grew tired of it and stuck to just playing online and watching streams. I pretty much only attend 1-2 tournaments a year now.

No, it's just that there is no local scene here, so I don't even get any tournaments to participate in. There's going to be one tomorrow, though, so I might as well go to that one.

xCobalt

Although I like Guile in this game, I can't seem to get st.hp > cr.mp combos consistently. The timing seems kinda strict to get enough charge.

Although I like Guile in this game, I can't seem to get st.hp > cr.mp combos consistently. The timing seems kinda strict to get enough charge.

That's the exact same thing I thought when I first tried him. But it's actually very easy when you know what to do and get use to it. You have to cancel the cr. MP into FK late instead of immediate. Even when I learned this I still struggled with it because I wasn't use to doing such a thing with a charge character since I never play them. Now that I have the muscle memory it's a piece of cake.

Edzi

GGs as always Crackpot. You seemed to figure out early on that I had no answer to your neutral jumps, so that pretty much destroyed me after the first set. I got a bit better towards the end, but I still need to work on reacting to it. You also shook me pretty hard with your consistent techs on all my throw attempts, so it felt like I had one third of my toolset stripped from me.

not only do people still rage quit, they still do it in casual matches. Like I've actually had multiple rage quits today...

what is wrong with people?

GGs as always Crackpot. You seemed to figure out early on that I had no answer to your neutral jumps, so that pretty much destroyed me after the first set. You also shook me pretty hard with your consistent techs on all my throw attempts.

GGs Edzi

You started answering neutral jumps with cHP. You're quite aggressive and you hit more flash kicks on me than I did on you. Late in the set I tried playing as keepaway Guile, and it seems to work like it did in SFIV, it's just that his HK and bHP are shorter.

I think fHK is a frame trap. You kept getting hit by jabs after blocking upside-down kick.

Edzi

GGs Edzi

You started answering neutral jumps with cHP. You're quite aggressive and you hit more flash kicks on me than I did on you. Late in the set I tried playing as keepaway Guile, and it seems to work like it did in SFIV, it's just that his HK and bHP are shorter.

I think fHK is a frame trap. You kept getting hit by jabs after blocking upside-down kick.

Yeah, the fHK trap seemed to work on most moves, but I think I was able to beat it with a jab of my own towards the end. But it could have just been your timing being off.

I also noticed we were both having trouble with that HP -> cr. MP -> charge combo. That staggered charge timing is going to take some getting used to.

Yeah, the fHK trap seemed to work on most moves, but I think I was able to beat it with a jab of my own towards the end. But it could have just been your timing being off.

I also noticed we were both having trouble with that HP -> cr. MP -> charge combo. That staggered charge timing is going to take some getting used to.

I'm probably not starting my charge fast enough during HP. Trying to throw a boom after cMP often gave me nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom