• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edzi

I'm probably not starting my charge fast enough during HP. Trying to throw a boom after cMP often gave me nothing.

Yeah, you've gotta release the charge well after the MP hits, which is more strict than I'm used to since most other moves have you canceling into special immediately as the move hits.

Edgeward

All Guile trials done. Easier than I thought once you learn the tricks like the late special cancels and the the flash kick to super input.

All Guile trials done. Easier than I thought once you learn the tricks like the late special cancels and the the flash kick to super input.
I haven't had the chance to play with him at all this week or even really read up on him because of work but I just turned on the game to do his trials and goddamn were they easy. Might have been the easiest ones in the game.

I believe his were fairly easy in SF4 as well.

Xeteh

I haven't had the chance to play with him at all this week or even really read up on him because of work but I just turned on the game to do his trials and goddamn were they easy. Might have been the easiest ones in the game.

I believe his were fairly easy in SF4 as well.

Don't be a crazy person. Laura's trials are in this game.

Edgeward

For characters I don't play, Gief was the easiest and Necalli too. Vega and Mika was pretty easy too but I played them so it doesn't really count.

It feels good to body someone several leagues above you because I know they are really salty about it.

Don't be a crazy person. Laura's trials are in this game.
Haha true. Only thing about Laura I didn't like was number 7. Only because I hate rolling from qcb to qcf, especially when you're using different buttons. I mean it only took me like 4 attempts but I don't think any of Guile's took more than 2.

not only do people still rage quit, they still do it in casual matches. Like I've actually had multiple rage quits today...

what is wrong with people?
This is the main reason why I feel rage quitters should be punished harshly. Be it casual or ranked, you are cheated out of fight money when someone quits, and things are expensive. Capcom needs to protect the store they built this thing upon and punish those cheating you out of the credit you've earned to purchase items. If not, they may as well make everything actual money only.

rec0ded1

Takes a while to get matches and when I do it's the same people over and over. Do I need to open some ports on my router? ps4 and pc

Edgeward

Takes a while to get matches and when I do it's the same people over and over. Do I need to open some ports on my router? ps4 and pc

I feel like the recent patch did this. I get paired up with the same people more often now. I faced the same Birdie 3 times in a row and I know others have it worse.

It seems even more likely to cross paths when the guy won't rematch with you. Heh.

Am I one of the only ones who've never had a rage quitter?

Maybe I'm just blessed by the RNG God

Why would they rage quit out of a win? :p

Alucrid

Banned
tNS2Kxp.gif

look at how ugly it is. at least the hippo looks good.

No more dancing npcs. The only good one was the little fat kid. Ono pls control yourself. Can you imagine the guile stage with ppl chasing after one another or dancing?

VariantX

No more dancing npcs. The only good one was the little fat kid. Ono pls control yourself. Can you imagine the guile stage with ppl chasing after one another or dancing?

I hope they make those boxes breakable, eventually, its the only thing thats missing from that stage that would make it better.

rec0ded1

I wish they'd add an option to turn off NPCs per stage. The lair of the four kings level makes me want to jump out a window with those guys running around.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Finally got to play on the new stage. The best stage in the game by far!
Too bad I don't have it because I'm saving my fight money for characters :(

Played against a Guile VS my shitty Alex where we were both adapting in the matches. Parried his whole super but got thrown out right after.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Okay, been messing with Guile and this is my new favorite combo I "discovered":

Jump-in FP or HK, Backfist>V-Trigger, cr.MP>Flashkick>CA.

Backfist can be substituted for any of his FP variations.

And that "churn" mode for cancelling flashkick into his CA does work well. The way I remember to do it after the up/f motion for the FK is to quickly do two 180 towards and P like its Mika's CA if she were facing left.

Renekton

So I took too many L's in SFV and decided to take a break in Dark Souls 3.

Immediately took several L's from invaders with big swords and lag-stab estocs.

I don't need to buy the stage because of the Season Pass. Guile's stage isn't bad but it's oddly bland yet cool to fight in at the same time. I can't help but look at it and think, "This doesn't look complete..."

I still want a beach stage. A stage that's deep in the forest. And a stage where you're fighting on a roof or something.
I'd be down for a forest stage as long as there isn't a million characters running around and climbing the trees.

jwillenn

It's bad feeling that once I can land that freaking short > forward (yes I am holding down by now) > jab >:H flashkick in actual MATCHES consistently, I'll believe I'll have made a major breakthrough with Guile. My gah... No problems in training but online it just stops at the jab...

Shouts out to everyone that sent my Guile home to be a you know what. :(

sixghost

If anyone is bored, could you watch a few of my Guile replays and give me some advice? I haven't struggled with a character this badly in SF5 and it's starting to get frustrating.

cfn is sixghost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom