• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celcius

°Temp. member
YEEESSSSSS!
I just completed some more character trials and finally made over the 600k fight money barrier, so now I can buy all the season 1 characters. Only took me 67 hours lol.
Now I want to save up to buy Guile's stage :(

Does anyone in Europe have a good Necalli and or Ryu I can practice with? Would love to play some sets as I am quite rusty.

Not sure how good or not I am, so I don't mind how good, or not good, you are. I don't tend to play online ranked, just locals or online lobbies.

rec0ded1

YEEESSSSSS!
I just completed some more character trials and finally made over the 600k fight money barrier, so now I can buy all the season 1 characters. Only took me 67 hours lol.
Now I want to save up to buy Guile's stage :(

Buy it dude. By the time the last character drops you will have earned it back in online fights....right?

last game for me bro.going to bed brother gg. Your karin is very good. Your LP doesn't reflect your skill. But I think Karin matchup is hard for guile lol.

Brother please add me i would like to play this character more. I suck against karin.

Astrael

last game for me bro.going to bed brother gg. Your karin is very good. Your LP doesn't reflect your skill. But I think Karin matchup is hard for guile lol.

GGs! I love practicing with others :) Thanks for the compliment! Btw, if you want to really frustrate Karin, you should use Guile's V-Skill more. It shuts more of her stuff down, and I noticed you never used it. I find it amusing how we kept trading wins back and forth though haha.

GGs! I love practicing with others :) Thanks for the compliment! Btw, if you want to really frustrate Karin, you should use Guile's V-Skill more. It shuts more of her stuff down, and I noticed you never used it. I find it amusing how we kept trading wins back and forth though haha.

Yeah i am still on sfiv guile mode lol,

Edzi

Yikes, I'm really glad I made it to Gold on PS4 at least. Trying ranked on PC, and as soon as I made it to mid bronze it seems like everyone is using garbage poverty internet. I haven't had a decently playable match in about an hour.

GorillaJu

Is there anything at all you can do against Dhalsim spamming instant gales in the corner? It seems completely safe and it comes out before the armor frames even start on Laura's EX Elbow.

mbpm1

Is there anything at all you can do against Dhalsim spamming instant gales in the corner? It seems completely safe and it comes out before the armor frames even start on Laura's EX Elbow.

On wakeup? Same options any character without invincible reversals have against meaties: V-reversal and block.

Xeteh

god i suck at this game. can't stop. won't stop.

I'm the opposite, if I get on a good streak I want to stop before I get frustrated. If I'm doing poorly I want to stop before I get frustrated. It never really gets going much. I'm better about it in lobbies but the stress is still there.

Edgeward

if they are just doing it over and over you can just jab them out before the next one comes. it's not an infinite block string. You just are late and not using a fast enough move. Jab or strong works. Don't wait for Sim to hit the ground.

Ran into ragequitter _SkyBM_. He was laggy as hell and I thought for sure he was gonna RQ on me if I won. He didn't but it was Casuals. You can bet your ass he would have if it was Ranked.

GorillaJu

I'm the opposite, if I get on a good streak I want to stop before I get frustrated. If I'm doing poorly I want to stop before I get frustrated. It never really gets going much. I'm better about it in lobbies but the stress is still there.

Word. I enjoy pressing buttons and watching shit happen but I get so stressed out I don't really enjoy the game. Trying to work through it to the point where it's fun but I mostly just feel frustrated.

Zerojul

Learning Guile I have the feeling Karin is my hardest match-up. Ressenha shuts out my booms out and I panic when she's in my face. Definitely a tough one for me at least.

RedAssedApe

Banned
think ive seen more rage quitters now than before. maybe they testing what they can get away with lol

doubly annoying when they agree to runbacks and then quit.

MrCarter

The netcode needs to be sorted ASAP. I tried to play with my cousin (who lives next door for fucks sake) and it was STILL lagging. It's frustrating because this game (in terms of gameplay and core mechanics) deserves way better than Capcom are giving it.

I got ragequit on in casual the other day

Ragequitters have no shame

An ultra gold Ken(ShockTrooper) just RQed me and said I wasn't good enough and didn't deserve the win. I guess he/she decides who deserves what.

But overall the quits have been fewer than before.

Nachtmaer

I'm getting so sick of these >5k LP people who take their one point. I don't give a shit if you maul me, give me my goddamn runback.

Marvel

could never
I accidentally blew all my FM (over 200k) lol, shop hasn't landed yet and I'm earning fuck all now. Ah well, was going to buy the season pass anyway most likely.

Gotta continue to have Alex, he's too good.

Mediking

I accidentally blew all my FM (over 200k) lol, shop hasn't landed yet and I'm earning fuck all now. Ah well, was going to buy the season pass anyway most likely.

Gotta continue to have Alex, he's too good.

Don't feel bad... the store has overpriced items. It's a ripoff even with in game currency. Not even a color preview.

DunpealD

Okay, been messing with Guile and this is my new favorite combo I "discovered":

Jump-in FP or HK, Backfist>V-Trigger, cr.MP>Flashkick>CA.

Backfist can be substituted for any of his FP variations.

And that "churn" mode for cancelling flashkick into his CA does work well. The way I remember to do it after the up/f motion for the FK is to quickly do two 180 towards and P like its Mika's CA if she were facing left.

Seems really unoptimized and wastes a lot of resources. Also Backfist doesn't hit crouching opponents.

jump in, st.HP, cr.mp, Boom, V-trigger, dash up, st.HP, cr.mp, Flashkick is better. In general ending with Flash kick is good because you end up plus after dash up post knockdown even on quick rise.
Haven't been able to find a V-trigger sequence that rewards big corner push and combo ender, except maybe hitting a st.HK after last v-boom.

think ive seen more rage quitters now than before. maybe they testing what they can get away with lol

doubly annoying when they agree to runbacks and then quit.

I'd like to see a little bit more meatier punisment against quitters in addition to current one, like reduction of LP and FM equivalent of disconnect %. Lock out of any "win" FM/LP gains until after the 5th win or so against repeat offenders, if disconnect happens again the counter gets reset or even stacked.
Instead of giving an extra title, put their names on different color.

KingBroly

Banned
I still have over 1.2 million FM. I've only bought 2 things, and while I've considered buying other things, I'm just not invested enough to do so. I haven't' even bought the stage, partially because it's a huge waste of FM in my eyes. Even if Capcom managed to have three full seasons of characters (I'm not hopeful on this happening), I'd be able to buy them because of how much you earn through Story Mode and such, even if I didn't play any more of the game beyond what new characters provide.

Also, not having in-model color previews is terrible. I wanna see what it looks like first.

EDIT: At this point in time, I'll go out on a very tiny limb and say they'll give everyone who bought the game the first 6 characters and people who bought the Season Pass will get the next 6, IF they don't get the Zenny shop out by the time Story Mode hits.

I think this post was swallowed up by Guile lol, and I thought it was pretty good, soooo...

Found some setups of CC Sweeps for you Chun-Li folks:

CC Sweep, St.MP x2 St.LP, meaty F.HK (Is +5 on hit if done correctly, and +7 on counterhit. Links to St.MP, EX Legs, and Super on regular hit. Links to B.HP and sweep on counterhit.)

CC Sweep, St,LP, dash, F.HK, St.MP (Crossover meaty that beats 3F jabs.)

Y'all weren't joking about Laura's trials being a joke lol none of these even seem that great.

There's only three in there (with a caveat) that are actually good.

The first combo is good damage if you somehow get a free jump in with j.HP and don't have meter.

j.HP -> st.HP -> QCF mp -> punch or kick

This combo is Laura's optimal punish (assuming no v-trigger meter stocked) after a max range CC st.hk.

st.HK -> QCF mp -> punch or kick

This last combo is good damage assuming you just stunned them.

QCB hp (fully charged) -> (let the fireball get all it's hits) f.HP -> st.HP -> QCF hp

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Seems really unoptimized and wastes a lot of resources. Also Backfist doesn't hit crouching opponents.

jump in, st.HP, cr.mp, Boom, V-trigger, dash up, st.HP, cr.mp, Flashkick is better.

That's funny--I was messing with this combo last night. Looks great. Mine isn't as useful unless as a finisher. But also stylish, which I love. This iteration of Guile really is a lot of fun. Looks like I will be sticking with him for a good while. Sorry, Alex.

Big Brett

I'm just kind of going through everyone's trials trying to see what they're capable of while earning some fight money. I could never really grasp charge characters so it's pretty fun to get the hang of someone like Chun. She's cool.

RK9039

I thought I heard someone say that they came up with a solution for this and it was included in the Guile patch.

Maybe I dreampt it up.

Oh I think they did, but in my experience it hasn't really stopped people from rage quitting. I think it's meant to locked people out from playing online matches for awhile.

imo they need to sell some kind of cosmetics pack, like all story mode + premium costumes + all colours for $30 or something. It would make tournaments so much more interesting
and my life so much easier LOL

oh man that salty mika quitting in casual. he got a round, my guilde is still raw and i was impatient. next round he got like 5% damage in. the next was a perfect into ragequit :D

eternal casual salt. the name is devious.

Why is Alex so ridiculous, jesus. hk is half screen and safe and leads into worlds easiest combo for massive dmg

Alex's offense can be just insane if you're not playing a character than can even semi reliably zone him out. His range and damage output can be insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom