• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xeteh

Been doing normal survival with Alex because I have his premium costume now that I got the season pass... I cannot beat Zangief on 26. I get to him with zero issue then he just reads everything I press and I end up getting counter poked and SPD'd until I'm dead. What a fun mode.

imo they need to sell some kind of cosmetics pack, like all story mode + premium costumes + all colours for $30 or something. It would make tournaments so much more interesting
and my life so much easier LOL

Considering how they sold stuff in SFIV I'd be surprised if there weren't packs. Having the option for individual skins is great but I'm sure plenty of people would like to pick up several.

h5bKGkF.png

yasss honey get that promo!
Been doing normal survival with Alex because I have his premium costume now that I got the season pass... I cannot beat Zangief on 26. I get to him with zero issue then he just reads everything I press and I end up getting counter poked and SPD'd until I'm dead. What a fun mode.
survival = a mistake

Xeteh

survival = a mistake

Its just so frustrating. At this point I'm just repeating the same shit everyone else has but after 20 minutes of wasted time I start having to fight input reading AI after 25 rounds of the brain dead version.

I just want to know who play tested it and decided, yeah this is a good mode. Lets leave it here.

KingBroly

Banned
Its just so frustrating. At this point I'm just repeating the same shit everyone else has but after 20 minutes of wasted time I start having to fight input reading AI after 25 rounds of the brain dead version.

I just want to know who play tested it and decided, yeah this is a good mode. Lets leave it here.

They probably didn't.

Don't forget, if you cannot beat survival, you are not ready to go online!

for normal survival gief is extremely susceptible to sweeps. space it out so that he has to walk forward into the sweep.

that and c.jab, c.jab headbutt are good against him when i did it.

Zackat

Guessing you aren't playing on PC? Man I just couldn't be arsed with survival mode. What a terrible idea. I have no regrets using mods to power through that shit, they can ban me if they want. I just wanted my damn colors.

Edzi

Guessing you aren't playing on PC? Man I just couldn't be arsed with survival mode. What a terrible idea. I have no regrets using mods to power through that shit, they can ban me if they want. I just wanted my damn colors.

Yup, no regrets.

Xeteh

Nope. I would have cheated the shit out of survival if I was playing on PC.

Guile is so stupid. I've beaten normal survival mode in one run with more than half the cast, but not a single character has allowed me to beat Bison without being touched even once. This is one of those times when the saying "If you can't beat them, join them" really applies. Everything about the dude feels like the exact opposite of Alex. His V-Skill is really good even if it's not a parry or teleport.

Big Brett

I just ordered this puppy I seriously cannot wait holy shit.

Also here, for those who may have been disappointed by my misleading link.

『Inaba Resident』;202363135 said:
Why do SFV threads on the gaming side always turn into the same thing

Because this SHIEEIT game has NO CONTENT and will DIE a FIERY DEATH and it's GARBAGE.

/s shouldn't be necessary?

Big Brett

I use a TE2 and it's a fantastic stick and I hear the TE2+ is even better. Congrats on the get!

I've been researching for months and I would have ended up modding some Sanwa parts in anyway so I couldn't see myself going in another direction. Excited to relearn the game and hopefully become a better player!

Scotia

Banned
Yeah the training mode one is pretty garbage. I think things are looking better for them update wise now that they have a more stable online system and RQ in place, they can work on SP stuff.

Yeah I'm sick of using it. Until vs CPU and more single player gets added I can only play SFV for so long before I get bored.

Big Brett

Just put dailies, let me bet Fight Money and have Online Tourneys with FM entrance fees and I'm good forever.

Betting fight money would be literally incredible. I think implementing the gambling that already exists in eSports through third parties would be... I don't want to say revolutionary for eSports, but it'd certainly be a game changer. You can't even do this in client for Dota 2. You can make predictions, but betting doesn't exist. Maybe underage gambling is an issue?

Xeteh

People feel burned, I guess. Those who like the game really like how it plays but can acknowledge the faults it has. People who are pissed about what is/isn't in the game don't feel like the gameplay really matters because they don't want to play the modes that are there.

Just put dailies, let me bet Fight Money and have Online Tourneys with FM entrance fees and I'm good forever.

Laura can't win, don't give away your FM!

Betting fight money would be literally incredible. I think implementing the gambling that already exists in eSports through third parties would be... I don't want to say revolutionary for eSports, but it'd certainly be a game changer. You can't even do this in client for Dota 2. You can make predictions, but betting doesn't exist. Maybe underage gambling is an issue?

I think it's illegal in some places to bet real currency in a game which is why Dota doesn't have it in client. That's why I'd recommend FM since it's an in game, always earnable currency that can't be bought with real money.

Laura can't win, don't give away your FM!

Always bet on low tier.

hamchan

I love this game. I spent $400 on this game. I can admit it's incredibly barebones and Capcom screwed it all up. I kinda don't care about single player at all too other than it giving me more fight money. But they haven't even fixed up all the issues with the MP or added everything they were planning for it.

BiggNife

People are salty that Capcom released a game unfinished and wasn't even honest about it until a week or two before release. Can't really blame them.

SFV is a fantastic game but Capcom really fucked up the launch in every way they could've.

Edgeward

Ran into LamerBoi, couldn't take a set but it was interesting to see how regular flash kick will trade on a lot of stuff. Even Vega's jump lk traded.

Deps

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";202364741]To be fair, the startup is slower than a lot of characters' dashes. Of course it's safe on block.[/QUOTE]

It's not even safe on block. It's -4, Ryu can slk xx tatsu punish it from most ranges.

explodet

I am a Super Bronze being pummeled nonstop by nothing but Silvers.
Is the matchmaking that weird or is it just where the userbase is these days?

Considering how they sold stuff in SFIV I'd be surprised if there weren't packs. Having the option for individual skins is great but I'm sure plenty of people would like to pick up several.

I just sweep him at max range of my low HK. It works every time for me, he doesn't block it. Sometimes he quick rises and I get to close and get spd'd if I am not paying attention.

For survival lately, I have been just doing sit there and block and punish and jab when they get close to push them out. I was sick of getting blown up by bison or necalli, haha. Takes way more time though.

I am a Super Bronze being pummeled nonstop by nothing but Silvers.
Is the matchmaking that weird or is it just where the userbase is these days?

They turned down restrictions for MM with the recent patch so that you get matched up faster, but are more likely to be matched with someone far above/lower than your own rank.

I've learned to stay out of any threads of SFV on the gaming side. It reminds me of destiny hate bandwagon threads every one has someone cracking a joke about lack of content and I'm sure many that are complaining don't have the game and probably wouldn't have purchased it anyways.

Clearly we are a different breed from casuals though. We care about game mechanics and gameplay they care about "content" it creates a big disconnect between the types of fighting game players.

wamberz1

I remember seeing a bloody vega mod in this thread way back, can't seem to find it or the mod now. Anyone know where I can find it

nvm found it

HardRojo

I was playing a couple of casual matches today (been a while since I've been hooked on Dark Souls and I just bought Uncharted Collection) and I played against this Bison, he was reckless so I took a defensive stance, then he did this and my mind tried to decipher how to block it in the smallest fraction of a second lol.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmPe52VH88k
My mind was wrong. And in retrospect, I probably should have just jumped back to avoid the situation, and jab if I saw anything weird.

I've learned to stay out of any threads of SFV on the gaming side. It reminds me of destiny hate bandwagon threads every one has someone cracking a joke about lack of content and I'm sure many that are complaining don't have the game and probably wouldn't have purchased it anyways.

Clearly we are a different breed from casuals though. We care about game mechanics and gameplay they care about "content" it creates a big disconnect between the types of fighting game players.

I wouldn't necessarily call people who want content casuals, nor imply that they aren't willing to care about the gameplay and such. I mean, I was a little letdown by the content, but I'd consider myself "hardcore but still shit at the game".

However, it's a shitfest no matter where you go with this game, and some of the people just wanna hop on the bandwagon of hate because it's fun. I've done my fair share of it too, so I'm no angel.

Celcius

°Temp. member

On Zangief, all you have to do to beat him is crouching hard kick. Just keep a little distance between yourself and him and when you knock him down just walk back and forth until he gets back up and immediately trip him again. He's the only character this works for lol.

Buy it dude. By the time the last character drops you will have earned it back in online fights....right?

Earning 70k fight money in online fights? You must be joking haha

Steroyd

That moment you're in some's head when you just walk up and grab the openent to end the match from across the screen.

Wooo I'm Bronze, and I've really got to learn certain matchups, a good Nash and Vega just jump around with me not punishing, doesn't help that Cammy is momentum based and the connection crapping out resets the situation. and it's always when I'm on the attack. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom