• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xeteh

Man, that Alex Meyers vs Julio match was depressing. Meyer's crossup in to target combo spike super did less damage than Julio's combo in to Tatsu/Shoryu.

At least Justin shut one down, I don't think he used that cross up rekka once when he didn't have the juggle until then.

RIP the Cammy dream.

I really like birdie. I like his vskill, I like his normals, I like his chain, his vtrigger, and his command grab. I fucking love his crouching mp.

But I am just starting to wonder if he's too weak to stick with for long term. I don't see hardly anyone using him in high level play. He gets blown up on wakeup, and if you have good reactions I feel like you wont get hit by his chain or dolphin dive ever.

I wonder if I should just play birdie for fun and try to learn another character to win more in ranked. I'm not doing horribly with him but his gameplan seems somewhat shallow, a lot like Honda in sf4.
I don't know, I'm watching LPN do pretty good with Birdie in the Northwest Majors 8, as we speak.

Yeah, he's looking beastly. I think Birdie might be Cammy's hardest match but cheering for LPN against the Kens.

Justin's Karin looking great today.

I thought Julio was about to pass out. Justin's Karin was ridiculous. He's going to be having nightmares about her overhead for weeks.

Xeteh

I thought Julio was about to pass out. Justin's Karin was ridiculous. He's going to be having nightmares about her overhead for weeks.

Yeah, he was free to that overhead through that entire first set last match. Justin starting the second off strong.

GorillaJu

The last 10 people I have been matched with were at least 1500 LP higher than me. This is fucking impossible. This garbage is not fun. Lose, lose lose lose lose lose and never get anyone around my tier.

Trickster

Got dc'd against someone just when they were about to win the round. Then got matched up with them again and they left the match clearly with the assumption that I ragequit.

Would be nice if it system could tell the difference between a random dc and a proper ragequit, and inform the other player accordingly.

GorillaJu

Ya, Guile screwed us man

My level is silver. ~2000 LP

Looking at my profile, my closest match in the last 10 games was 3300. And of course I don't get a run back vs anyone that I beat 1 game or get close to beating because they'll lose 100 points. Almost everyone is fucking gold.

Can't believe I'm saying this but I'd actually really like E.Honda to be a DLC character sooner rather than later. With all the crazy additions the cast has gotten, I'd love to see what Honda gets.

Zerojul

Can't believe I'm saying this but I'd actually really like E.Honda to be a DLC character sooner rather than later. With all the crazy additions the cast has gotten, I'd love to see what Honda gets.

I'm with you on this one. Curious to see what they could come up with for him.
Plus, he's not blonde, that would be a nice change of pace :p

HardRojo

Played some ranked matches today, no RQs surprisingly and I actually recognized a Gief because he had RQ'd on me before, he's down to 2k LP now, he was close to Gold before. In total I went up about 50 LP lol, so I guess that's something. I should've won a match against a Bison when he woke up with Super and I actually expected him to, but I had a brain fart and didn't punish that lol, I tried to grab while he was still in the air, didn't work and I panicked, then he got the last hit, I felt so bad :( he was Gold and I'm Super Silver so those would've been some nice points.

It could be because of lag. You might not notice it on your end.

This..

First time I notice this shit happens playing a friend who was in DC for work and the hotel wifi was pathetic, i hosted, the game was unplayable mess on my end, his side was perfect, kept asking him on Discord, teleporting around? nope game runs smooth, he's getting zero lag, I am getting fucking LAAAAAAAAG....

This..

First time I notice this shit happens playing a friend who was in DC for work and the hotel wifi was pathetic, i hosted, the game was unplayable mess on my end, his side was perfect, kept asking him on Discord, teleporting around? nope game runs smooth, he's getting zero lag, I am getting fucking LAAAAAAAAG....

this is what i hate the most about this netcode. you get punished for having a good connection...

HardRojo

this is what i hate the most about this netcode. you get punished for having a good connection...
I had a couple of matches against a Laura and even though it was probably 3.5/5 good connectionwise, I felt like some of my inputs were being dropped. My V-trigger didn't come out, my j.HK didn't come out after V-trigger with Nash, my cr.MP didn't come out to combo after j.MK, it just felt weird but the Laura player seemed to be fine.

myco666

Finally cracked into Silver League. Watching all those Excellent Adventures really elevated me as a player. The match where I got the last points was really unsatisfying though as it was against Necalli player with 500LP and I dropped him back into Rookie league.

It could be because of lag. You might not notice it on your end.

But it is Casuals. You lose nothing by holding foward the entire time and then just leaving the match after losing two rounds.

Finally cracked into Silver League. Watching all those Excellent Adventures really elevated me as a player. The match where I got the last points was really unsatisfying though as it was against Necalli player with 500LP and I dropped him back into Rookie league.

But it is Casuals. You lose nothing by holding foward the entire time and then just leaving the match after losing two rounds.
Technically, you gain character EXP, which brings you slightly closer to that FM from levelling up. The opponent also gets XP and FM.

What is Guile's go to CC combo off a b HP?
B.HP is best used as a V-Trigger confirm. Since it's a very fast normal and can hit crouching opponents unlike f.hp, that's the best use.

b.HP xx V-Trigger xx CA or EX Sonic boom with 2 follow ups.

You can combo with flash kick if you get a CC while the opponent is in the corner.

b.HP xx Flash kick (EX too).

GorillaJu

B.HP is best used as a V-Trigger confirm. Since it's a very fast normal and can hit crouching opponents unlike f.hp, that's the best use.

b.HP xx V-Trigger xx CA or EX Sonic boom with 2 follow ups.

You can combo with flash kick if you get a CC while the opponent is in the corner.

b.HP xx Flash kick (EX too).

So an EX boom is good off a CC mid-screen then? NM, it's a knock, down not a spin!

GorillaJu

You'd have to activate V-Trigger first. Unless you're in the corner, nothing can combo off just a b.hp CC.

But if you do activate it then EX boom and 2 follow ups can be used.

Yeah you're right.

Fucking can't get a single match against someone in my skill bracket. Every time gold or ultra silver. EVERY fucking game, double my LP or more. Fuck this shit.

Tizoc

For the Orochi (QCF+K, D+P) just input QCFD+K>P

K in to P same way you do the fastest Tenko.

That trial took me 3 hours to do my first try, I can do it within a handful attempts now.

Thanks, seems i gotta buffer it in heh.

Palom

I get what you're saying, but a horrible laggy match is really no fun, and I personally don't like wasting my time with it. I usually just stand there and spam taunt, though, and hope they finish quickly.

Unrelated, can someone explain to me why I'm getting hit with the second hit of Karin's Ressenha now? I used to bait it with faking a fireball, then block it, block the slide or duck the throw, and then punish it. But lately I'm getting hit with the second hit of it for some reason. I block the first hit, but the second connects. I don't understand why.

Astrael

Unrelated, can someone explain to me why I'm getting hit with the second hit of Karin's Ressenha now? I used to bait it with faking a fireball, then block it, block the slide or duck the throw, and then punish it. But lately I'm getting hit with the second hit of it for some reason. I block the first hit, but the second connects. I don't understand why.

As a Karin main re: Ressenha, I've noticed exactly what you're talking about, so I wanted to test a theory which seems to be correct. So far I can only reproduce the 2nd hit of an initially blocked Ressenha connecting if the opponent presses down too fast anticipating the low attack/jump grab follow up (so they are still getting hit with the overhead). So you want to wait til the 2nd hit is blocked (standing) before safely pressing down.

Palom

As a Karin main re: Ressenha, I've noticed exactly what you're talking about, so I wanted to test a theory which seems to be correct. So far I can only reproduce the 2nd hit of an initially blocked Ressenha connecting if the opponent presses down too fast anticipating the low attack/jump grab follow up (so they are still getting hit with the overhead). So you want to wait til the 2nd hit is blocked (standing) before safely pressing down.
Thanks. I'll try some testing in training to see if that helps. It's been really aggravating because it looks like I'm still in the standing position, but get hit with it. I'm guessing it's probably rollback or something, but it's been happening too often lately that it made me question.

I decided to check the hitboxes for Alex for no reason and I discovered just how terrible his command throw range is. What a tragedy that turned out to be. Snake Eyez is amazing for being able to get close enough to pull off all those power bombs. Now I kinda want to try out Zangief because his SPD range is absolutely irresistible. Gotta admit I got a laugh out of Necalli, Mika, Laura and Necalli all having better cmd grab range than Alex.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
I decided to check the hitboxes for Alex for no reason and I discovered just how terrible his command throw range is. What a tragedy that turned out to be. Snake Eyez is amazing for being able to get close enough to pull off all those power bombs. Now I kinda want to try out Zangief because his SPD range is absolutely irresistible. Gotta admit I got a laugh out of Necalli, Mika, Laura and Necalli all having better cmd grab range than Alex.

What is Guile's throw range? It seems damn short to me but I could be totally wrong.

mbpm1

So Guile's Flash kick has full invincibility, not just upper or projectile, once active, but only for 3 frames, which is why it can trade.

Weird feeling move.

Moaradin

I never though Alex's range was that bad tbh. Moving forward a little bit before the cmd grab helps a lot.

you-guys-still-here.gif

Has this thread been forgotten?

Whales

Banned
went from 1.2klp to 1.4k, then back down to 1.1k, and now I finally managed to get to 1.6klp

im finally an ultra bronze boy

now I can quit ranked and train for like a month in lounges, come back to ranked, reach 2k, rinse and repeat

went from 1.2klp to 1.4k, then back down to 1.1k, and now I finally managed to get to 1.6klp

im finally an ultra bronze boy

now I can quit ranked and train for like a month in lounges, come back to ranked, reach 2k, rinse and repeat
congrats :)
super bronze is my current goal LMAO eternally 800lp-1100lp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom