• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reminds me of Destiny. Game has it's flaws but literally every day there'd be a thread on front page about how shit it was etc and yet Destiny is still going
although they better release something good soon lmao

Shito

Reminds me of Destiny. Game has it's flaws but literally every day there'd be a thread on front page about how shit it was etc and yet Destiny is still going
If that's the price to pay to get an awesome community such as DGAF, I'm all for it. ^^
I can't wait for September's expansion, haven't played much Destiny since last november. I hope they will get the endgame right this time around, it was a shame seeing the drastic reduction in activities going from HoW to TTK...

Mupod

my entire PSN friends list is gaffers I played destiny with at some point. They are all always online, always playing Destiny. Forever.

Big Brett

I don't mind facing someone much higher LP than I, but I'd like to spend more than just a BO3 with them honestly. Ah well. I'd also appreciate losing less LP since the difference between 700 and 2200 is pretty ridiculous lol. Even 10 points feels like a lot. I'm learning though. Definitely holding my own, in a sense. Not a total slaughter.

myco666

Is there a way to RQ in Battle Lounge but still stay in the lobby? Just had someone play against me and when I won a round got a "lost connection to opponent" message and the guy was still in my lobby after that. First I thought it was just a connection hitch then we played couple of matches and he won all the rounds but when I finally won one round I got a "lost connection to opponent" message again.

RK9039

Before the match even begins is pretty good too, though understandable sometimes because the league based matchmaking is still borked.

Yeah it's crazy.

Just stop playing ranked if your points mean that much to you, casual mode exists for a reason. I got something like 3 rage quitters in a row, it made me laugh, but I'd like to take my win also.

Baleoce

Just started tinkering around with Chun Li in training mode. Just looking at some bnb's atm. Noticed this on shoryuken chun forums:

Confirms: cr.lp, s.mp, cr.mk xx HK legs/MK SBK [198/322] [215/380]

Question: I can do the HK legs ender. But with regards to MK SBK, how do you keep the charge for Spinning Bird Kick at the end? s.MP means I drop the charge, and even if I start recharging the moment s.MP comes out, it's still not enough time. I think this may just be a misunderstanding of charge in general on my behalf as I've never even tried with them tbh even in past games. Thought I'd try and get around that.

FluxWaveZ

Yeah it's crazy.

Just stop playing ranked if your points mean that much to you, casual mode exists for a reason. I got something like 3 rage quitters in a row, it made me laugh, but I'd like to take my win also.

There's that, but it also happens to me in Casual matches (even though I'm trying out different characters), which is a pain.

s.MP means I drop the charge, and even if I start recharging the moment s.MP comes out, it's still not enough time.

You would charge exactly after the st.MP starts.

Baleoce

You would charge exactly after the st.MP starts.

Damn, that's a really small window of opportunity. Unless I need to adjust my link timings or something.

EDIT - I think I know what's going wrong, it's not the link timings. I'm trying to cancel from the cr.MK too quickly into SBK, I keep forgetting that the leniency on canceling in this game creates extra time. It's almost as big an input window as one of the links themselves.

Double EDIT - The cancel leniency might be there, but it's still a pretty tight window for charge.

Damn, that's a really small window of opportunity. Unless I need to adjust my link timings or something.

EDIT - I think I know what's going wrong, it's not the link timings. I'm trying to cancel from the cr.MK too quickly into SBK, I keep forgetting that the leniency on canceling in this game creates extra time. It's almost as big an input window as one of the links themselves.

This is why you just do 2369 as the final input after cr.MK, this will force legs to come out if you didn't manage to charge SBK in time.

Baleoce

This is why you just do 2369 as the final input after cr.MK, this will force legs to come out if you didn't manage to charge SBK in time.

I'm with you. the 9 wouldn't make me jump because I'm still in the animation of the cr.MK. The 9 would be enough to make SBK come out if there's sufficient charge, and the 236 will trigger the HK legs if there isn't sufficient charge.

Edit - Nice, that works from downback as well. Seems like a decent failsafe. I haven't got the SBK to work once yet.

The problem I'm having now is my brain telling me to delay the cr.MK and then try to quickly get the SBK out when I know I have to link the cr.MK at the normal timing, and then be *extra patient* with the SBK cancel. So basically the cr.MK gets blocked because it's too late anyway.

Baleoce

Lk sbk is a lot easier to combo into if mk sbk isn't working out for you. Think of the cancel like a link

Is the charge time of it different to MK SBK? Because the canceling into it from cr.MK isn't the problem for me tbh, it's getting the charge in time.

EDIT - Just managed it for the first time xD

So the rhythm of that combo with SBK ends up being really even. It's jsut drilling that into my brain. Still tight though.

HardRojo

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";202451679]I just realized you can throw sonic booms without charge in Guile's V-trigger lol

3D guile's back, baby![/QUOTE]

WHAT!?

Mr. X

Is the charge time of it different to MK SBK? Because the canceling into it from cr.MK isn't the problem for me tbh, it's getting the charge in time.

EDIT - Just managed it for the first time xD

So the rhythm of that combo with SBK ends up being really even. It's jsut drilling that into my brain. Still tight though.
Faster startup so you can delay the cancel slightly more.

I hope it's not Balrog next. Too many charge characters in a row and they make me feel bad about myself

Probably the most charge characters I've used since SFII. I've been sticking to them in SFV, so I'm actually excited for him and see what they end up doing.

Was Balrog confirmed by Capcom yet or is it speculation that he'll be next?

Just speculation. Going off the image if it holds completely true.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Was Balrog confirmed by Capcom yet or is it speculation that he'll be next?

They are going by this image Capcom released which so far has been correct.

sfv-dlc-fighters.jpg

HardRojo

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";202452393]If you hit v-trigger while you're in vtrigger he throws a sonic boom. So you can walk forward and throw booms etc.

makes it super easy to do boom -> flashkick combos without starting with charge.[/QUOTE]

Why the fuck didn't I think of this while testing some combos? Hitting the lab right now!

Skilletor

It's kinda stupid that they're putting out 2 charge characters back to back like that.

I think it's a rather large assumption at this point to be so sure Boxer is a charge.

And even if he is charge, why is it stupid? It's not like there aren't enough motion characters in the game already.

I'd say it's silly to put out three male characters in a row. But that's mostly because I'm sure Ibuki will be the first female and I want her before EVO.

I think it's a rather large assumption at this point to be so sure Boxer is a charge.

And even if he is charge, why is it stupid? It's not like there aren't enough motion characters in the game already.

I'd say it's silly to put out three male characters in a row. But that's mostly because I'm sure Ibuki will be the first female and I want her before EVO.

I love sausage parties

Shito

Guys, once again: the latest content roadmap had them switching boxer and ibuki, so there's still this option.
I don't think they will release two charge characters and two girls both back to back.

Mediking

It might be too much but I wish there was optional weather effects. Like if it was raining, the characters clothes would dampen and look wet. If it was raining and you knocked somebody down then snow would appear on their clothes. I'm saying this because if you hit somebody in the puddle of Forgotten Waterfall.... their clothes doesn't change at all to reflect they just fell in water.

Side Note: I also think Karin needs an umbrella. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom