• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure I guess, but it's going to have to wait another night. Doing some other stuff so I can't play tonight.

Sure thing, I found out SDR is on, so I'm just doing training mode while it's running the back. I never watch a stream and play online anyways (well anything competitive).

sixghost

Should Guile be able to win a fireball war with Ryu? It seems like I slowly lose ground every time I try to match him fireball for fireball.

Should Guile be able to win a fireball war with Ryu? It seems like I slowly lose ground every time I try to match him fireball for fireball.

I have limited experience so far in the matchup, but if are in a fireball war. If you neutral jump a hadouken, you have time to make a lp sonic cross that you can follow. If he ex hadouken to destroy it, it gets neutralized but if you stand in front of it to take the chip, it will still advance on him allowing you to move in and do something. Also same old SF tricks, if you are in backfist range, you can clash hadouken and boom and then hit him with a f+HP (It should work still, unless the other guy wasn't blocking on me).

I feel anytime you get the sonic cross out (hit the vskill with a boom) it's your turn to do something.

Guile has never been able to beat Ryu in a fireball fight as far as I know.

It depends on the range they are at (Jchen talked about it once), you see a lot of Ryu's eat backfists in midrange ever since SF2 because they were standing too close. The main thing to remember is even though Guile needs to charge, his recovery and startup is faster than Ryu on the projectile. You also have to keep in mind the 1 projectile rule, if you neutral jump one, they can't throw another till it's off screen.

Replays acting funny for anyone else?

All my replays say June 7, 1906 for the date they were made and they are going newest on bottom with the last few featuring two Ryus. I have yet to even touch Ryu in this game.

Best of all, any new replays I try to add to my favorites, fail to send.

So the official story is that Nash was shot off a cliff by a helicopter, not blown up in the base, right?

I think it is.

But then I remember someone in SFV saying he was at the base holding down Bison like in Alpha 3.

I mean, Alpha 3's makes the most sense, as we don't know what happened to Bison after Ryu SHIN SHORYUKEN'd him, but for whatever reason the waterfall event is more iconic.

Skilletor

Sorry, don't know what happened with that lag there, Skilletor. That was utter shit.

lol, so random. Connection was fine the first game.

I only left because a friend wanted to get some games in. We should definitely play more. I have trouble with the Vega match.

Big Brett

I know I'm not up to par with you Silvers but I don't mind. This 4 bar connection is tough honestly Edgeward lol

sorry dude, can't do it lol. For some reason you're teleporting everywhere on my end. Not trying to make excuses :( been looking to play against people in that range especially Vega since I almost never see him when I play ranked. If there's any tips ya got to offer (besides my empty guessing shoryus and cHK because I did those and then proceeded to facepalm hard haha.)

Mr. X

I did most of all the trials except Karin's palm into shoulder stoned. Which one are you struggling with? A lot of times it's as fast and as close as possible, do it in the corner to make it easier or delay cancel the normal into special.

Edgeward

lol, so random. Connection was fine the first game.

I only left because a friend wanted to get some games in. We should definitely play more. I have trouble with the Vega match.

Yea, wonky stuff. Definitely. Hit me up sometime.

I know I'm not up to par with you Silvers but I don't mind. This 4 bar connection is tough honestly Edgeward lol

sorry dude, can't do it lol. For some reason you're teleporting everywhere on my end. Not trying to make excuses :(

No worries. It's understandable.

I need to make myself use shimmies more.

I never do them bc bad players are just mashing but still

If I know they are gonna shimmy, I hit a far reaching button or just sit there.

The people that get blown up with this are mashing throw. I saw it so much even with the good players during NWM. Mashing throw and getting blown up by neutral jumps or shimmy on wakeup or shimmy in neutral.

From what I remember, FChamp showed a lot of restraint on wake-up. He still got throw baited here and there, but it seemed it didn't happen to him as much. I guess he was hitting buttons though in that Ken match, haha.

I love it though, people are cracking in the neutral, lol. Wong had them all shook that day.

Cody, Mika, Karin, Juni and Juli are non-canon?

Alpha 2 and Alpha 3 are all a weird mish-mash of canon and non-canon stuff. Some endings from each game presumably happen, but there are obvious inconsistencies like half the cast in Alpha 3 being responsible for blowing up the Psycho Drive and Charlie dying in SFA2 and SFA3.

Gonna be fun when this starts happening at tournaments.

hqdefault.jpg

But seriously he used full bar and vtrigger. Almost anyone in the cast can kill in two beefy combos if they have full bar and vtrigger. Guile just does it.. slowly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAFXxb6otEE

hqdefault.jpg

But seriously he used full bar and vtrigger. Almost anyone in the cast can kill in two beefy combos if they have full bar and vtrigger. Guile just does it.. slowly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAFXxb6otEE

Nah don't try to defend this. There's always somebody trying to defend the craziest things.

The kicker was the unavoidable throw that put him into dizzy for the second combo that finished him. I didn't see a way to do that in your Ryu example. There's still a second chance and Ryu has to build up meter all over again. This Guile combo kills from one touch.

mbpm1

After Ryu lands that you can still fight back. Once ChrisG started his combo, the Ryu never got to do anything until he was dead. One touch turned in to 100% of a player's health.

How fitting that the first application in a real match came from a marvel player tho

Nah don't try to defend this. There's always somebody trying to defend the craziest things.

The kicker was the unavoidable throw that put him into dizzy for the second combo that finished him. I didn't see a way to do that in your Ryu example. There's still a second chance and Ryu has to build up meter all over again. This Guile combo kills from one touch.
it wasn't unavoidable.

He could have teched and eaten a fat counterhit for guessing wrong and gotten dizzy anyway

Or dped and ate a fat counterhit if Chris blocked.

See, he had a lot of choices.

Edgeward

Is the daily challenge also gonna give you points to raise your char level? The grind to 50 is too real. I just want my all black Vega

WOW..... ummmm.... WOW.... Guile is totally....Broken
I called it after my first set against Direct Quote's Guile and that was without this irl madness. I'm starting to think that we will be able to predict the character distribution of the EVO top 8 at the rate some characters are growing. I might even start cheering for Infiltration because I don't know if Mago and Justin can make it that far with Karin.

Sayad

After Ryu lands that you can still fight back. Once ChrisG started his combo, the Ryu never got to do anything until he was dead. One touch turned in to 100% of a player's health.
Look again, it took grab > combo > reset grab to cause the stun, I'm actually carious how many characters in the game can't stun you with their max damage(excluding super) combo + two grabs. Combo length is awful through, that's MvC3 territory of down time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom