• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xeteh

Look again, it took grab > combo > reset grab to cause the stun, I'm actually carious how many characters in the game can't stun you with their max damage(excluding super) combo + two grabs. Combo length is awful through, that's MvC3 territory of down time.

Who is going to tech that second throw? Most are going to assume he's going for the stun. I don't see how one guess in between that combo makes it any less insane.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Does Guile have any actual air tight block strings he can loop in v trigger? Because it will be hilarious if someone starts doing that to timerscam.

Surprised he didn't included Karin's #6, that's by far the hardest trail in the game.

Not for me, it isn't. I have about 5 trials left (not including some I haven't tried for Guile) that I cannot do. I was promised that Karin's #6 was the hardest one and I did it in like 15 minutes... yet I still can't finish Chun/Nash/Claw/Alex. :\

Sayad

Not for me, it isn't. I have about 5 trials left (not including some I haven't tried for Guile) that I cannot do. I was promised that Karin's #6 was the hardest one and I did it in like 15 minutes... yet I still can't finish Chun/Nash/Claw/Alex. :\

It took me about 15 minutes too, but that's the longest time any trail took me to do in the game. Haven't tried Nash's yet, but 15 minutes is more than it took me to finish Chun/Claw/Alex whole 10 trails.

Sayad

Who is going to tech that second throw? Most are going to assume he's going for the stun. I don't see how one guess in between that combo makes it any less insane.
That's the mix up, he ran out of v-trigger, the combo was about to end, he can't stun you without a reset so you know a mix-up is coming.

With grab + combo + 1 reset, most characters in the game can stun you, hell Gief just need a sweep + CH combo to stun and you don't see him winning anything that isn't WNF.

Not saying Guile isn't broken, haven't really played much or paid attention since he came out, just saying grab + combo + reset leading to stun isn't broken in this game and is something a lot of characters can do.

I sware each patch just gets released to dissapoint me further.

Matchmaking is quite possibly even worse.

I want to play casual as i hate how ranked works, but when i do it takes 5-10 mins and when it does find someone its often the same person i just played.

Ranked is now worse. Before it was just a series of ultra bronze players till i get busted to bronze. Then after a few more ultra bronze it starts paring me with bronze players who i destroy as they are beyond terrible. Then as soon as im back to super bronze its ultra bronze fights again.

After the patch its basically the same accept now it also throws me against silvers. Then when i finally do get the rare fight of someone in super bronze they go and rage quit on me when i start winning. I thought they put in measures to stop it but i guess they aren't good. I dont even know what they are.

And then there are battle lounges which are also useless. Takes forever for the connection to show and 99% of the time its 1 bar as no one from my region seems to want to do battle lounges. And i also dont want to do 8 player lounges where i wait 20 mins between fights.

I get the feeling most my issues are because im in the UK and matchmaking just blows here but i dont know if its better in the US.

It only annoys me so much because i love the core gameplay and want to play it but its really doing its best to push me away.

I just had a super fun casual match against a Nash, and I really just wanted to send the guy a 'great game' message. If you're not in a lobby, is there no way to communicate?if you're in ranked or casual, there has to be a way to say something to your opponent, right?

Also, rage quitters cheating me from my level up points are really starting to irk me. I used to get the disconnect from
Match message, but now I get these jerks that somehow cannot communicate with server after a loss, but we're still somehow able to play again. Ugh. I just want to get out of super bronze!!

jeemer

I get the feeling most my issues are because im in the UK and matchmaking just blows here but i dont know if its better in the US.

It only annoys me so much because i love the core gameplay and want to play it but its really doing its best to push me away.

Matchmaking seems ok for me for the most part and I'm in the uk :/ hmm. I did do all the suggested port forwarding a while back.

If you would like a couple of sets in a battle lounge sometime holla :) paulietheboss @ CFN. Usually on mid evenings around 6-9pmish.

I just had a super fun casual match against a Nash, and I really just wanted to send the guy a 'great game' message. If you're not in a lobby, is there no way to communicate?if you're in ranked or casual, there has to be a way to say something to your opponent, right?

I literally google people's CFN and try to add them via their steam page, or try and message that name via the PSN app if I have a particularly good fight/set with someone.

I literally google people's CFN and try to add them via their steam page, or try and message that name via the PSN app if I have a particularly good fight/set with someone.
I'll have to try that. My last few ranked and casual pairings have been really great. I'm starting to feel like I'm fighting equals. It's obvious that we're both thinking, testing, planning, and making weak attempts at watching moves picked up from tourneys, so the matches have been great. No crazy lag. Opponents within my range..

Matchmaking seems ok for me for the most part and I'm in the uk :/ hmm. I did do all the suggested port forwarding a while back.

If you would like a couple of sets in a battle lounge sometime holla :) paulietheboss @ CFN. Usually on mid evenings around 6-9pmish.

Not looked into the port forwarding so il try that thanks. If im on i would always be down for some sets. Prob is i tend to play between 10 - 12 if i do play as i game when wife goes to bed.

Spuck-uk

Banned
I sware each patch just gets released to dissapoint me further.

Matchmaking is quite possibly even worse.

I want to play casual as i hate how ranked works, but when i do it takes 5-10 mins and when it does find someone its often the same person i just played.

Ranked is now worse. Before it was just a series of ultra bronze players till i get busted to bronze. Then after a few more ultra bronze it starts paring me with bronze players who i destroy as they are beyond terrible. Then as soon as im back to super bronze its ultra bronze fights again.

After the patch its basically the same accept now it also throws me against silvers. Then when i finally do get the rare fight of someone in super bronze they go and rage quit on me when i start winning. I thought they put in measures to stop it but i guess they aren't good. I dont even know what they are.

And then there are battle lounges which are also useless. Takes forever for the connection to show and 99% of the time its 1 bar as no one from my region seems to want to do battle lounges. And i also dont want to do 8 player lounges where i wait 20 mins between fights.

Bronze/super Bronze/Ultra bronze players are all pretty bad, and close in skill relatively.

I'm in the UK as well, not having any problem finding matches here. (The battle lounge system is fucked for playing anyone but friends though)

Bronze/super Bronze/Ultra bronze players are all pretty bad, and close in skill relatively.

I'm in the UK as well, not having any problem finding matches here. (The battle lounge system is fucked for playing anyone but friends though)

I hear people who are in higher ranks say this but as someone who is in the super bronze teir i disagree. There are a LOT of people in the bronze teirs and while to people in highet groups they prob seem to all suck there is def a skill gap between them.

Bronze people lack many basic fundamentals. Bad timing, bad at blocking, mashing buttons.
Super bronze like me have a grasp on the theory but lack in consistent execution. For me its simply becauee of lack of time to dedicate to the game but its cool im happy at what ever skill level i sit at.

Ultra bronze (as in nearing silver) block very well, press buttons WAY less, counter throws all the time etc etc.

This is just my experience of course but i have trouble getting matches fast anyway so maybe im not seeing a large portion of the players or something. But that is a fairly consistent experience i have had. My biggest issue is regularly meeting people at a similar skill level. Then when i do they rage quit. I can beat people in silver etc. It has happened. But im not consiatant with it.

It's why i wish casual would work better (or more people played casual). I get to fight a large veriety of skill levels without the depressing penalty for losing. Losing fine when there isnt some rank number dropping constantly until you get paird with people who are just terrible.

jeemer

Prob is i tend to play between 10 - 12 if i do play as i game when wife goes to bed.

I'm sometimes on 10-11 too so worth a shot :) who do you main?

(The battle lounge system is fucked for playing anyone but friends though)

What's wrong with it for you? If I create an open lobby I'll generally get someone with 4-5 bars joining in under 20 seconds, but if you mean that crap where only 2 people on the battle lounge list will actually show flags/ping I still got that last time I checked.

Spuck-uk

Banned
I'm sometimes on 10-11 too so worth a shot :) who do you main?

What's wrong with it for you? If I create an open lobby I'll generally get someone with 4-5 bars joining in under 20 seconds, but if you mean that crap where only 2 people on the battle lounge list will actually show flags/ping I still got that last time I checked.

The connection bars almost never even appear when searching for a room.

No way to filter by region, so I get a tonne of optimistic americans, japanese and, worst of all, italians filling up my room.

I spent the entire night getting bodied yesterday. I love Dhalsim, but I think I need to find another character. It also didn't help that I'm straddling the line between Ultra Bronze and Silver (or I was...) and it was pairing me with nothing but Ultra Silver ranks and up yesterday. Now I'm back at about 1600 LP and feel like I'm garbage at this game.

pizzacat

Banned
I spent the entire night getting bodied yesterday. I love Dhalsim, but I think I need to find another character. It also didn't help that I'm straddling the line between Ultra Bronze and Silver (or I was...) and it was pairing me with nothing but Ultra Silver ranks and up yesterday. Now I'm back at about 1600 LP and feel like I'm garbage at this game.
You're letting rank make a decision for you. Really see what's up with him in lounge. I had at least 5 FT10s with Laura with different people I knew before dropping her, had some runbacks and had way different results with Alex and Ryu.

You're letting rank make a decision for you. Really see what's up with him in lounge. I had at least 5 FT10s with Laura with different people I knew before dropping her, had some runbacks and had way different results with Alex and Ryu.

I started playing 'Sim 3 weeks after the game came out once I realized that neither Dictator or 'Gief was for me. Sim sort of stuck, but his flaws are being exposed more frequently as time goes on. I've tried adjusting my play and in some cases, it works. The issues that I'm mainly having are his speed and his lack of health. I'm not even throwing out his unsafe stuff all the time, but all of his normals are so damn slow...

Oh, and it isn't just ranked where I get bodied. I play local guys here too and my win ratio at these things is like 1 in 6. Everyone appreciates that I'm playing Sim because nobody else is, but the never ending stream of Ryus and Lauras is hard to deal with.

jeemer

The connection bars almost never even appear when searching for a room.

No way to filter by region, so I get a tonne of optimistic americans, japanese and, worst of all, italians filling up my room.

The former was much more pronounced for me before the patch, it seemed to be a little better last time I checked. I get the latter a lot though, I think people tend to just enter the first lobby they see. If it's <4 bars and they still try to start the match I just use the preset "Connection is slow." and then "I'm sorry!" and then kick em if I have to.

mbpm1

I started playing 'Sim 3 weeks after the game came out once I realized that neither Dictator or 'Gief was for me. Sim sort of stuck, but his flaws are being exposed more frequently as time goes on. I've tried adjusting my play and in some cases, it works. The issues that I'm mainly having are his speed and his lack of health. I'm not even throwing out his unsafe stuff all the time, but all of his normals are so damn slow...

Oh, and it isn't just ranked where I get bodied. I play local guys here too and my win ratio at these things is like 1 in 6. Everyone appreciates that I'm playing Sim because nobody else is, but the never ending stream of Ryus and Lauras is hard to deal with.

Have you tried any other characters besides Gief/Dic?

Try playing Vega. I'm not even joking.

Have you tried any other characters besides Gief/Dic?

Oh yeah. I've spent the most time outside of those characters with Necalli and Alex. Necalli is very good, so I might go back to him, but Alex has some big weaknesses himself. Heck, I lost one yesterday as Alex because the opponent would not stop neutral jumping and I didn't have an answer to it. Lariat missed, LP didn't hit either, and trying to dash under got me hit.

I was a Urien main in 3S, so the wait for him is becoming unbearable. I'm so disappointed in what they did to Dictator, as he doesn't play anything like any of his previous versions. I might have to try Vega based on lucebuce12's recommendation.

jeemer

Why do people hate mika buy the way? She the new blanka or something?

from early march...

her look, her hair flapping around, her voice, her little friend, the "off the ropes" throw, the corner reset gimmicks, the frame advantage on that dropkick on block, her jump arc and the fact she can kinda change it with the splash.

not saying she has overly crazy tools or that people don't have to work hard to win with her, but i just took an instant dislike to her day one. sfv's rufus for me.

To be honest though, the main reason people seem to dislike her in sfv is her corner game. Once she gets you in the blender it's very scissors/paper/stone (shout out uk woo) especially if you don't have an invincible reversal. I personally find irish whip nauseating in that my character's own motion is hijacked.

for me, fang is the new blanka. even though he's weak just now, he has the slide-through gimmicks which remind me most of blankas hop gimmicks.

Shito

I love how calming the main menu background looks during the evening. Such a nice little thing.
I love the main menu background.
On the rare occasions where I play online, I set my settings to find me some ranked and / or casual matches, and I go wait into the CFN menu, so that I can better see the entirety of the background...

from early march...

To be honest though, the main reason people seem to dislike her in sfv is her corner game. Once she gets you in the blender it's very scissors/paper/stone (shout out uk woo) especially if you don't have an invincible reversal. I personally find irish whip nauseating in that my character's own motion is hijacked.

for me, fang is the new blanka. even though he's weak just now, he has the slide-through gimmicks which remind me most of blankas hop gimmicks.

Lol fair enough. I just find her really fun. I will admit the whip thing feels terrible if you are the one eho gets caught in it. However i feel the same way if i get caught in anyones long combos. Time to sit back and wait i guess.

I hate playing FANG because the only people i have played using him know him really well but i havnt played against him enough to really now how to counter him.

mbpm1

Oh yeah. I've spent the most time outside of those characters with Necalli and Alex. Necalli is very good, so I might go back to him, but Alex has some big weaknesses himself. Heck, I lost one yesterday as Alex because the opponent would not stop neutral jumping and I didn't have an answer to it. Lariat missed, LP didn't hit either, and trying to dash under got me hit.

I was a Urien main in 3S, so the wait for him is becoming unbearable. I'm so disappointed in what they did to Dictator, as he doesn't play anything like any of his previous versions. I might have to try Vega based on lucebuce12's recommendation.

You should try everyone I think. With this cast you never know what you might end up liking

pizzacat

Banned

We are in the same place, Urien and Remy main here and I thought at least with guiles new shenanigans I would jump in to a better character but I'm not feeling him.

Also would the boot have worked out in that situation? I'm playing Alex a lot and I find myself playing way different to others. I'm using stun gun and boots more often, but lp not working? Must have been a good jump

I've only gotten a reaction from buffered stun guns like once but it was against someone who knows my Alex already.

Not exactly great at the game so i dont think you have to much to worry about lol.

Why do people hate mika buy the way? She the new blanka or something?

bf1db0cb.jpg

I'll never get tired of posting this picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom