• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

LakeEarth

Oh yeah. I've spent the most time outside of those characters with Necalli and Alex. Necalli is very good, so I might go back to him, but Alex has some big weaknesses himself. Heck, I lost one yesterday as Alex because the opponent would not stop neutral jumping and I didn't have an answer to it. Lariat missed, LP didn't hit either, and trying to dash under got me hit.
You say jab wasn't working and dashing under would get you hit. Based on that, I think the distance was perfect for a EX rising knee. The non-EX versions too maybe, you'd have to judge when he was pushing a button and do it early / late as needed. c.HP might've worked too, depending on spacing.

I still can't believe how blinded Mika players are to the truth.

bf1db0cb.jpg

You can't be honest with a character that has a command grab. It's a rule that written... somewhere.
Alex and Vega are literally the most dishonest characters in the game.

Zangief gets a pass cause he sucks.

Edit: Oh God, I'm shitposting now. I am now one of you.

Shito

You can't be honest with a character that has a command grab. It's a rule that written... somewhere.
In a game where those command grabs get beaten by a normal throw / light button, yes, you can very much be honest with a command grab. :)

Mika is the most honest character in the game because if you let her get near you it shows you how honestly bad you are at street fighter

jett

D-Member
I wonder what this super silver Bison felt when I ranked him down to Silver with my Bronze Mika in two rounds straight LOL.

You say jab wasn't working and dashing under would get you hit. Based on that, I think the distance was perfect for a EX rising knee. The non-EX versions too maybe, you'd have to judge when he was pushing a button and do it early / late as needed. c.HP might've worked too, depending on spacing.

Rising Knee got stuffed, never tried EX. I also know that c.HP is slow and pretty unreliable when used as an anti-air. I never tried it in this instance, but I probably should have.

LakeEarth

Rising Knee got stuffed, never tried EX. I also know that c.HP is slow and pretty unreliable when used as an anti-air. I never tried it in this instance, but I probably should have.

EX rising knee is invulnerable on the way up. It's also an important move because after landing it and dash forward, you're plus. So you can do things like land EX rising knee, dash, and s.mp and it will be a meaty. I think f.HP will also be a meaty but you have to be pretty perfect with your inputs.

I mentioned timing regarding the regular rising knee because if they were hitting a button on the way down, you need to do the rising knee right away. If they hit it on the way up, then later would be better. Same principle for going for an air-to-air move.

Mika has awful normals. I really need to drop her. She's all about gimmicks and nothing else.

Lol its so true. I find her fun becaause of her gimmicks but she has a ton of weaknesses that im not good enough to compensate for.

I wish i could find another char i really enjoy but non have clicked for me so far.

RedAssedApe

Banned
so are there more known bots out there on the pc side? (besides tool assistted)

ran into a ryu last night who started off normally. was convincing until mid second round he seemed to go hay wire and crouching up and down across the entire screen faster than any normal person could probably do those inputs and just let me keep hitting him.

then he proceeded to beat my ass again with combos in round 3...like i was playing survival or something

so are there more known bots out there on the pc side? (besides tool assistted)

ran into a ryu last night who started off normally. was convincing until mid second round he seemed to go hay wire and crouching up and down across the entire screen faster than any normal person could probably do those inputs and just let me keep hitting him.

then he proceeded to beat my ass again with combos in round 3...like i was playing survival or something
You actually were playing survival, the matrix just glitched for a second.

What was the ID of the bot/person you played?

joanot

Im tired of beind destroyed as Cammy, my fundamentals and defense are too weak, I want to learn another character & start from scratch, which one is more noob friendly, nash or rashid ?

HiResDes

Im tired of beind destroyed as Cammy, my fundamentals and defense are too weak, I want to learn another character & start from scratch, which one is more noob friendly, nash or rashid ?

Rashid. I've been there with you, but I gotta say I just feel like she's one of the most honorable characters to play in the game now. That low life really hurts sometimes though. Catching up on KSB2016 man there are some ridiculous Chun-Li's here, aside from Ricky some of the best Chun play I've ever seen. Also might be the best mirror to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom