• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quesa

When I try to do charge combos
hWIp4.gif

Mediking

The best animations in SFV are the animations when you character barely wins a round. He or she will usually say something or position their body in a way that means, "We BARELY won that." Hahaha I love it.

Shauni

Been meaning to upload some videos for feedback, but haven't had a lot of time. I think I'm starting to feel a little burnout, though. Part of it is frustration at the lack of progress I'm making, and part of it is lack of time to really dedicate to getting better. It's kind of bad feeling when you really enjoy something, but you just can't really seem to grasp it. Maybe fighting games just aren't suited for me.

Baleoce

Been meaning to upload some videos for feedback, but haven't had a lot of time. I think I'm starting to feel a little burnout, though. Part of it is frustration at the lack of progress I'm making, and part of it is lack of time to really dedicate to getting better. It's kind of bad feeling when you really enjoy something, but you just can't really seem to grasp it. Maybe fighting games just aren't suited for me.

Mate I scrub it up and am always wondering why I can't get to that next level. It's a unique genre, as it's almost entirely on the player as to whether they can step it up or not (whether they're either proactive enough to either seek out the help they need to improve, or have the kind of mindset that is capable of figuring it out for themselves), I'm neither of those things, and that's both exposing and liberating.

I know how you feel tbh. It's also the kind of genre that you can't just mindlessly pour hours into and expect to see returns. It's like practicing a musical instrument. You have to practice right. Someone with that correct mindset who has limited time to put into it is going to see greater returns than someone who has all the time in the world but just goes into it blind and keeps churning away.

Shauni

Mate I scrub it up and am always wondering why I can't get to that next level. It's a unique genre, as it's almost entirely on the player as to whether they can step it up or not (whether they're either proactive enough to either seek out the help they need to improve, or have the kind of mind that is capable of figuring it out for themselves), I'm neither of those things, and that's both exposing and liberating.

I know how you feel tbh. It's also the kind of genre that you can't just mindlessly pour hours into and expect to see returns. It's like practicing a musical instrument. You have to practice right. Someone with that correct mindset who has limited time to put into it is going to see greater returns than someone who has all the time in the world but just goes into it blind and keeps churning away.

Yeah, puts into words how I'm feeling right now pretty well. Definitely feels kind of like I'm swimming against a current sometimes. I have the want, I feel, but just the time to dedicate isn't there for me. Editing and uploading videos, learning each and every character for match ups. I really don't know how people do it who work and play other games, it's almost like a fulltime thing. But like you said, maybe I'm just one of those people who just don't 'get it.'

Baleoce

Yeah, puts into words how I'm feeling right now pretty well. Definitely feels kind of like I'm swimming against a current sometimes. I have the want, I feel, but just the time to dedicate isn't there for me. Editing and uploading videos, learning each and every character for match ups. I really don't know how people do it who work and play other games, it's almost like a fulltime thing. But like you said, maybe I'm just one of those people who just don't 'get it.'

Oh I wasn't implying that last part, I'm just suggesting that maybe the amount of time you invest isn't as important as how you spend it. Then again, "people in glass houses", cos that's basically my exact problem right now xD

Shauni

Oh I wasn't implying that last part, I'm just suggesting that maybe the amount of time you invest isn't as important as how you spend it. Then again, "people in glass houses", cos that's basically my exact problem right now xD

Oh, don't get me wrong or anything, I know you didn't mean that in a bad way. It's like that with a lot of things in life, you know. Certain people click to certain things easier than others. I have a friend who I played SFIV back in the day with, and he just seem to understand it much better than me. That was annoying as hell, since I had played regularly for a month-ish or so, and he could beat me consistently. I eventually did surpass him, though, so natural talent isn't everything I guess.

Astrael

omega was the testing ground for sfv so I expect it

i'd like if we had another new tool though, command grabs are getting too common place

Imagine how dirty Karin would be if they hadn't deleted her command grab from Alpha 3, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom