• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah, they're quite different. I just like them the most.

What are some good times to use his V-Skill? I know during stun.

Ooohh...now I see.
Stun is about the only reliable time to use it. That and if the enemy is like a full screen away and you know they can't hit you or close the distance that easily. His V-skill is decent but not something to rely on.

Trickster

how much FM have you generated out of curiosity?

it's definitely easier to get into the 30s on PC thanks to the survival mods, but after that it's definitely a grind.

He would hardly have gained anything from the multiplayer wins compared to completing the story, survival and challenge modes. The main factor would be how much survival he's cleared really.

FluxWaveZ

how much FM have you generated out of curiosity?

it's definitely easier to get into the 30s on PC thanks to the survival mods, but after that it's definitely a grind.

According to the stats, I would have won at least about 1210 ranked matches, so that's 60,500 FM. Probably add 5-10k or something from Casual matches.

I know it's all dependent on playstyle, but I'm curious to hear some answers from you folk. Which characters do you feel benefit more from saving meter for super vs using it for ex moves?

I rarely ever use meter when I play as Karin, Necalli, or Ryu. I tend to save my meter with Nash too, unless I'm playing really defensive.

Almost every other character I use my meter.

He would hardly have gained anything from the multiplayer wins compared to completing the story, survival and challenge modes. The main factor would be how much survival he's cleared really.

completing story mode and survival on every difficulty only gets u to level 29. If you're 56 like Flux a lot of that EXP is from multiplayer battles.

I know it's all dependent on playstyle, but I'm curious to hear some answers from you folk. Which characters do you feel benefit more from saving meter for super vs using it for ex moves?

I rarely ever use meter when I play as Karin, Necalli, or Ryu. I tend to save my meter with Nash too, unless I'm playing really defensive.

The matchup can matter for some characters.

For the most part, Karin,Necalli and Nash are the characters that benefit more from saving for super and rarely use EX moves.

Ryu can use EX moves in certain matchups, particularly mirror matches but otherwise he can also save the meter for super.

Other characters "get" more from their EX moves so they might throw them out more liberally.

I think it all depends on the chances you get; I'll burn meter all day because you build it back up so fast anyway, but having a full bar stocked can also make people respect you more because one mashed out srk can mean 40% of your life gone.

But yeah I'll burn the meter if I get the chance regardless of who I'm playing.

cHaotix8

I use my meter with Karin for anti air and reset situations. I'm not gonna spend bar on super unless it will kill. I will spend bar on an extended combo mid screen if it will win me the round or get me a stun though. But generally, my combo will be ... JFT > Orochi since it gets me a meaty setup.

Shito

I think it all depends on the chances you get; I'll burn meter all day because you build it back up so fast anyway, but having a full bar stocked can also make people respect you more because one mashed out srk can mean 40% of your life gone.

But yeah I'll burn the meter if I get the chance regardless of who I'm playing.
I use my meter with Karin for anti air and reset situations. I'm not gonna spend bar on super unless it will kill. I will spend bar on an extended combo mid screen if it will win me the round or get me a stun though. But generally, my combo will be ... JFT > Orochi since it gets me a meaty setup.
I think that's the correct mentality to have.
I play on a nearly daily basis against a coworker who is playing Karin "by the book", saving his meter for her super, and more often than not I see he's missing on stun opportunities because he's reliant about using meter to extend his combos.
I think people tend to sit on meter too much when playing her.

LakeEarth

Oh great! That thing was broken for so long, I nearly forgot about it.

I have a 58% win rate in 499 ranked matches... well it's better than < 50%!

I should switch back to Birdie (62%). Alex is bringing me down (56%).

Kind of surprised there's generally little talk of Vega at this point in the game. Seems really strong.
Surprisingly few players are playing him but he's a pretty solid character. Great normals and very consistent offense.

I really hope we see a pro Vega player who uses the V-reversal to full effect, that shit can be amazing.

Menitta

I would have a higher match count, but after the recent PS4 firmware update, it's now preventing me from connecting to my campus's good internet.

I'd also have a higher match count but matchmaking has been fucked for pretty much everyone in my country.

Capcom, why do you keep matching me up with the same 2 hungarian and french players when there's the entirety of the middle east and the SEA region that I get great ping with.

Kind of surprised there's generally little talk of Vega at this point in the game. Seems really strong.

He's not as easy to play as it might seem.
His normals with claw all seem to reach farther than they actually do, and most of his other normals have the hurtbox extending much farther than the hitbox.
His slide cannot be made safe from any distance, he has no reliable anti-airs and no invincible reversal means you can do whatever you want to him on wakeup (even his super will trade and just drain the entire bar). And his FBA is worthless outside of EX.

What he really has going for him is his walk speed and strong air to air game, a good defensive vega can be hard to fight against.

Trey

fucking hate his blockstrings and tick throw pressure. his normals wreck me, I gotta get better.

I'll agree with reizo, though. once you knock him down, you can end him in two or three mixups.

Edzi

I feel like I'm at that point where I really need to play with people offline to get better, but I don't really have people to play with since most of my coworkers and friends aren't interested in fighting games enough to actually learn them. I'm in the CA Bay Area, so while I could just take the train down to SF to the Foundry twice a week and play casuals there, I'm busy Tuesday/Thursday evenings and I don't really know of any other scenes nearby. How do you guys find places/people to play?

Lag Fighter V tho :)

My first match in DAYS and it's a teleporting lag fast. Dropped inputs everywhere.

Edit: lol and the game then tries to match me with the same person. Godddd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom