• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still want the text for Ken's japanese voiceovers and their translations. BTW, remember your PMs, good sir. :p
thanks for the reminder :p I completely forgot.
"You're going down! Nadeshiko, go for it!"
"Begone!"
"Deadly! Peach!"

Perhaps it's 'cause I've heard it so much, but it's one of the easier to understand ones for me. Laaura's is basically still gibberish to me, even though it was said it's supposed to be "Punishment time!"

And clearly, if Nadeshiko is the one saying she'll kick the opponent's ass, we need some kind of Nadeshiko alt or something. Bring that heel Nadeshiko concept to life. Still, Mika goes "I'll totally make this look cool!" and that's great.
Thanks! yeah Laura's is really hard to understand too :p I would love to do that Nadeshiko alt tho.

Like...jump and punch him? normal FBA is absolute trash and only has a bit of use in the corner after a knockdown. Don't be afraid of it, everyone beats it with a jumping normal.
EX is a bit trickier, but your best air to air normal (the one with the most active frames) will generally beat it as well.

FluxWaveZ

I hear, "I got you!" (Or just "Gotcha!") "Nadeshiko, go for it!" "Mika!" (as she's throwing the opponent toward Mika at that moment) "Ahhh" "Deadly" "Peach!"

She never says "I got you" or "gotcha," what do you mean?

Though I think you're right about it not being "Begone!" but "Mika!"

Astrael

She never says "I got you" or "gotcha," what do you mean?

Though I think you're right about it not being "Begone!" but "Mika!"

In English, she says "Your guard's down!" at the start, which surprised me lol. The only way I could verify it is by turning both music AND sfx sound down to 0, so you only hear the voices. It's clear as day there.

FluxWaveZ

In English, she says "Your guard's down!" at the start, which surprised me lol. The only way I could verify it is by turning both music AND sfx sound down to 0, so you only hear the voices. It's clear as day there.

Oh shit, you're right. Putting all of the volumes except for the character voices makes these a lot clearer: she absolutely says "Your guard's down!" Weird, "You're going down!" fits so much.

Now to test it with others, notably Laura. Interesting how the music/sound effects muddies the voice clips like that.

Laura's Training mode phrase: "I'll squeeze and zap zap!" Nice, she's really got it together.

Palom

Yeah. I just listened to it from the game instead of a shitty YouTube video. You're right it's "Your guard's down."

FluxWaveZ

Oh yeah, and Laura actually does sound like she's saying "Punishment time!" when only the voices are enabled. Weird.

And I don't think I noticed that she goes "Zap zap!" after a fully charged Thunder Clap or EX before. And her V-Trigger is her saying "Want some zap zap?" Fantastic.

Astrael

Oh yeah, and Laura actually does sound like she's saying "Punishment time!" when only the voices are enabled. Weird.

For the longest time I could have sworn she said "Party Trick Time", this voice-only sound is making me question reality. Laura is more obsessed with her electricity than I realized.

FluxWaveZ

For the longest time I could have sworn she said "Party Trick Time", this voice-only sound is making me question reality. Laura is more obsessed with her electricity than I realized.

I thought it was something nonsensical like "Honey fruit time!" before previous discussion about it.

Mika's Brimstone EX has her say "Badabing!" which is audible with the sound on, but I never heard that Nadeshiko actually goes "Badaboom" at the end of it.

This is fun; these are why Sound Tests exist.

Big Brett

Woof, this is tough haha. Such a different way to play.

Gotta bounce for some promised Rocket League in a bit, but I'm down to create another lobby later if anyone's interested. GGs Xabi and reizoryuu.

Edgeward

Got disconnected from the server twice already in 30 mins. I was about to win a match too. =( Gonna try this magic and see about getting some colors.

Does 1.02 still work on the 1.03 version?

I had passed on Street Fighter V when it came out due to the lack of content and multiplayer online lobbies. But when I saw Marn's run at NCR, I knew I had to own this game. I bought it the next day, picked Mika, and never looked back.

I had always been a Honda main back in SF4, but Mika feels even more fun to use. Back in that game, I had liked the idea of playing a rushdown, mixup-vortex sort of character, so I tried picking up Makoto. But her execution was too demanding for my jittery hands, and it never really fit. With Mika, a mixup is just a F+MP away. I love it!

I've managed to grind my way into the border between Ultra Bronze and Silver rank recently (I feel like I learn something new from every Mika mirror I play against someone ranked above me), but I still have a lot to learn. There are plenty of small ways I can improve (tighter anti-airs, better V-Trigger use, smarter combos out of rope throw), but I feel like the biggest strategic hurdle I need to deal with is finding new ways to open people up. When I come up against players who don't throw out unsafe moves and defend against my jump-ins, I often find myself at a loss. Charged HK can do a lot for me, but it only takes me so far.

Any other Mikas out there? How do you try to start your offense?

I'd link some matches of mine, but I don't have anything recorded. My FighterID is sonicmj1, if anyone wants to check things out. I just got bodied by a Silver Ryu doing basic normal blockstrings, and it left me really frustrated.

Gonna repost this for the new page so it doesn't get forgotten

When I used to play Mika, the most important thing is to be relentless and not be afraid. Even if she doesn't have Gief health you should approach it the same way because the risk/reward greatly favors you.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Ah, just beat a 4000LP Gold Guile in a mirror, calling it a night on a winning note. Feels good. I *think* my Guile has improved. I wasn't pressing buttons, I went for meaty CC's, was generally under control. I did miss a basic ass combo off a CC though--the d/f HK into FK. Bah. Would have ended the match in style, too.

Okay, SF GAF, have a good night.

SephLuis

Played some casual sets and won all of them. Overall, it was 8 wins and 3 losses.

Highlight was turning a game on a Dhalsim. I lost the first match and in the second one we went to the last round. He with 40% of life and me one hit away from KO. He starts jumping like a clown and using lights to kill me. Managed to get close and kill him. Next match, I win straight.

I took this win as a personal vendetta against Dhlasim and it felt good.

I thought she said "I got you" as well. How does "your guard's down" get mistaken for that by multiple people?

Super weird.

Maybe she says multiple things? Actually I think she does.

I think I'm going to try to get every character to level 30. Seems like I have a good understanding of the character once I've gotten to about level 25. And my goal is to become competent with almost every character.

I think this is going to be a much longer road than it has ever been in any other Street Fighter.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I've done everything you can do with Ken (all survivals, all trials, demonstrations, story) AND played 300+ network matches and I'm only at level 32. I have no idea how some people are at level 40 lol.

HardRojo

Just had my most intense comeback in a Ranked match against a Bison. I had almost no life left lol, I think not giving a fuck actually helped because I thought I had already lost that match.
Here's that comeback: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yqc73GIqi7k

Also, finally at 3.7k LP now, I can almost taste that Gold League goodness, please Ono don't let me end like this.
4mnMNoU.jpg

Astrael

I thought she said "I got you" as well. How does "your guard's down" get mistaken for that by multiple people?

Super weird.

Maybe she says multiple things? Actually I think she does.

The thought had crossed my mind, since originally I thought I heard "I got you" as well which is why I checked. There might be a RNG for the voice cue but I did try it a few times and she said the same thing every time.

As a matchup, Mika is my worst nightmare (followed by Laura), so I'm sure I'll be hearing this a lot lol

Xeteh

I've done everything you can do with Ken (all survivals, all trials, demonstrations, story) AND played 300+ network matches and I'm only at level 32. I have no idea how some people are at level 40 lol.

~1500 matches of ranked/casual. I watch Cobelcog's stream a ton and he's been anywhere from #1 to top 20 on the leaderboard almost the entire time the game has been out and he just hit 48 today.

Characters are free until the zenny shop is up

I logged in today to see I had Alex and Guile. I dont have the season pass, is it like a trial or something?
And when the zenny store is up then you have to either purchase them with FM or purchase them with zenny or own the season pass.

I'd suggest doing the story mode/trials /easy and normal survival with these 2 characters as that's a decent chunk of fight money.

EDIT: Shamelessly stolen from reddit.

13138922_10201444414669990_8670825453341447269_n.jpg

Mediking

Now, hey, if the Zenny shop doesn't arrive in this month then..... That's 3 freaking long and lengthy free trials for characters.

And the Store REALLY needs to make stuff cheaper to buy.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Maybe when they open the store they can give everyone a 1 week 10% discount.
When do the daily challenges start?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom