• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had my most intense comeback in a Ranked match against a Bison. I had almost no life left lol, I think not giving a fuck actually helped because I thought I had already lost that match.
Here's that comeback: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yqc73GIqi7k

Also, finally at 3.7k LP now, I can almost taste that Gold League goodness, please Ono don't let me end like this.
4mnMNoU.jpg

That was good stuff. Check mine out against a Laura. I remember wishing and half joking to myself when she was coming down for that final blow, "this is where you come back" and I really wanted to but I didn't believe that I could.

I put it into a highlight video. The part I'm talking about starts at 1:05.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYo1c8bovsg

This is why they say to never give up. A perfect round could happen at any time.

Edgeward

Finally got all Vega's colors. Sucks you have to do things twice but at least you don't unlock the colors on a per win basis. Now to never touch it again. Such a stupid idea.

KingBroly

Banned
Now, hey, if the Zenny shop doesn't arrive in this month then..... That's 3 freaking long and lengthy free trials for characters.

And the Store REALLY needs to make stuff cheaper to buy.

I'm of the opinion that if they don't have the Zenny Shop this month, they won't have it until next year and give everyone who got the game before then the 6 characters for free (SP owners will get the next 6 characters instead, on top of all the costumes/stages so far).

It feels like they had to go completely back to the drawing board on it. I know you can say the Rage Quit patch was a new thing (that was completely half-assed and not really working) but the Zenny Shop has to be a top priority for them, and if it's not out, that means something went horribly wrong.

Mediking

I'm of the opinion that if they don't have the Zenny Shop this month, they won't have it until next year and give everyone who got the game before then the 6 characters for free (SP owners will get the next 6 characters instead, on top of all the costumes/stages so far).

It feels like they had to go completely back to the drawing board on it. I know you can say the Rage Quit patch was a new thing (that was completely half-assed and not really working) but the Zenny Shop has to be a top priority for them, and if it's not out, that means something went horribly wrong.

You bring up a really good point. I'm a Season Pass owner and even though I'm really happy that people who don't have the Season Pass and the Fight Money can play as DLC characters for free.... it does kinda make me wanna look at Capcom and say, "At LEAST give the Season Pass owners all the colors. Like seriously."

KingBroly

Banned
You bring up a really good point. I'm a Season Pass owner and even though I'm really happy that people who don't have the Season Pass and the Fight Money can play as DLC characters for free.... it does kinda make me wanna look at Capcom and say, "At LEAST give the Season Pass owners all the colors. Like seriously."

I imagine they're going to implement changes to Survival...at some point. But given the insanely thin development budget they have, who knows when that'll be.

Edzi

How are the connections for everyone? DrDanger, our match was kind of a teleport fest, but everyone else has been smooth.

They won't give away any characters for free cause that's screwing over the people who bought the season pass.

Mediking

They won't give away any characters for free cause that's screwing over the people who bought the season pass.

They kinda already are screwing over Season Pass owners.. 2 DLC characters have been "free" for quite a while now. I'm actually even expecting the 3rd DLC character to have a free trial as well. It's just... us Season Pass owners don't really complain about it because we're chill and we look like jerks for complaining about other people playing characters that should've been in the roster since day one to begin with aka characters we bought with real money...
I imagine they're going to implement changes to Survival...at some point. But given the insanely thin development budget they have, who knows when that'll be.

Survival Mode is a disaster. Haven't touched it in ages.

They kinda already are screwing over Season Pass owners.. 2 DLC characters have been "free" for quite a while now. I'm actually even expecting the 3rd DLC character to have a free trial as well. It's just... us Season Pass owners don't really complain about it because we're chill and we look like jerks for complaining about other people playing characters that should've been in the roster since day one to begin with aka characters we bought with real money...
They may be free right now but eventually you'll have to pay for them.

And who knows, they might throw in some more freebies like the guile stage along the way.

Mediking

And who knows, they might throw in some more freebies like the guile stage along the way.

Its complicated because you don't wanna upset the people who are actually playing and loving your game.

Sure, people know Guile and Alex are just a free trial... but there are people who really love those characters and have them as a main. If you strip that from them then suddenly drop a price tag on them... that might lead to people getting pretty vocal and refusing to buy that character.

And like I said before, I'm a chill Season Pass owner. But I do think its not cool how we don't have all the colors automatically. Now that's some bullcrap. You don't own the Season Pass but want the Guile stage for free? Hey, that's fine. Just gimme my colors.

Yeah idk what they'll do about it, it seems strange to take away both Guile AND Alex and possibly even Balrog if they haven't got their shit together.

I guess we'll see. I'm sure they could figure out a way to compensate season pass owners, it just seems like they didn't really think about how long it would take them to implement the real money store when they said the Alex thing. :/

KingBroly

Banned

Who's gonna pay for them, though? If I got to play with DLC characters for free for 1-2 months then had them yanked, I wouldn't pay for them.

Like I said, just grandfather SP owners into getting the next 6 characters.

Another reason I'm holding off from buying anything. They already gave away the Ryu and Chun outfits/skins. What's next?

Xeteh

Mika players how the heck do you make the enemy bounce off a not-wall when you Passion Rope Throw

What skLaFarebear said. You basically need to be full screen away after the throw to bounce them off the wall. Walking back won't work, you have to throw then dash back.

How are you liking the stick, btw?

Mediking

Yeah idk what they'll do about it, it seems strange to take away both Guile AND Alex and possibly even Balrog if they haven't got their shit together.

I guess we'll see. I'm sure they could figure out a way to compensate season pass owners, it just seems like they didn't really think about how long it would take them to implement the real money store when they said the Alex thing. :/

Exactly!!! And how is the character select screen is gonna look for someone who had Guile and Alex during their free trials but don't have them anymore due to the Zenny shop? I really hope the character portraits aren't there because a stupid message saying "You gotta play money for Guile and Alex!" on the character screen is just suicide.

Who's gonna pay for them, though? If I got to play with DLC characters for free for 1-2 months then had them yanked, I wouldn't pay for them.

*Shakes your hand* I really like this idea. Give Season Pass owners a REAL reward.

Another reason I'm holding off from buying anything. They already gave away the Ryu and Chun outfits/skins. What's next?

If they wanna be really nice then they should let you pick a character of your choosing and get all their colors.

Big Brett

What skLaFarebear said. You basically need to be full screen away after the throw to bounce them off the wall. Walking back won't work, you have to throw then dash back.

How are you liking the stick, btw?

It's for sure a learning curve. All of my muscle memory is gone. Love the stick though. Having all of the buttons laid out evenly is a game changer. I've just been sitting in practice basically all day working on inputs and stick maneuvering. It's a ton of fun thus far and I really feel like my game's going to improve soon.

Xeteh

It's for sure a learning curve. All of my muscle memory is gone. Love the stick though. Having all of the buttons laid out evenly is a game changer. I've just been sitting in practice basically all day working on inputs and stick maneuvering. It's a ton of fun thus far and I really feel like my game's going to improve soon.

I'm so tempted man. Its just a lot of money for something I'm not entirely sure I'll like. Glad you're digging it though.

Big Brett

I'm so tempted man. Its just a lot of money for something I'm not entirely sure I'll like. Glad you're digging it though.

It's definitely not cheap. I figure this will last me through Street Fighter 6 if it calls for it, so I wanted to get myself something nice that will last. Some local people in the FGC were willing to lend me a stick of theirs, so maybe if there's a scene around you you can make some friends and see if you can get the hookup.

Xeteh

It's definitely not cheap. I figure this will last me through Street Fighter 6 if it calls for it, so I wanted to get myself something nice that will last. Some local people in the FGC were willing to lend me a stick of theirs, so maybe if there's a scene around you you can make some friends and see if you can get the hookup.

If only, I live in the middle of nowhere and no one I know plays fighting games. I'll keep thinking about it, I might end up getting one eventally.

HardRojo

That was good stuff. Check mine out against a Laura. I remember wishing and half joking to myself when she was coming down for that final blow, "this is where you come back" and I really wanted to but I didn't believe that I could.

I put it into a highlight video. The part I'm talking about starts at 1:05.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYo1c8bovsg

This is why they say to never give up. A perfect round could happen at any time.

It feels good when you come back from such a harsh situation doesn't it? My heart was pumping when I got that initial punish with the Super, from there on I knew I had to keep going.

Its complicated because you don't wanna upset the people who are actually playing and loving your game.

Sure, people know Guile and Alex are just a free trial... but there are people who really love those characters and have them as a main. If you strip that from them then suddenly drop a price tag on them... that might lead to people getting pretty vocal and refusing to buy that character.

And like I said before, I'm a chill Season Pass owner. But I do think its not cool how we don't have all the colors automatically. Now that's some bullcrap. You don't own the Season Pass but want the Guile stage for free? Hey, that's fine. Just gimme my colors.
Honestly that would be some real petty shit to complain about. They stated that the characters are free for a limited time, that not hard to understand and it's nothing to get upset about.

The people that actually want to use the character will have no issues paying for them. Plus I think most folk would have the fight money saved for them. I have a ton saved and am ready for the day when the characters aren't free anymore.

Mediking

Honestly that would be some real petty shit to complain about. They stated that the characters are free for a limited time, that not hard to understand and it's nothing to get upset about.

The people that actually want to use the character will have no issues paying for them. Plus I think most folk would have the fight money saved for them. I have a ton saved and am ready for the day when the characters aren't free anymore.

But, can't you see the problem with letting characters have super long free trials? I have the Season Pass so I'm fine but if I was maining Alex and suddenly he got put in the Zenny shop and I couldn't select him anymore... You know what I would do? I'd prolly use my Fight Money for another DLC character or stage or just anything else because I would be so bitter or just plain annoyed.

"This character was free for so long! Now you want me to spend my precious Fight Money on him or my hard earned money on him? No way!" - I expect to hear people saying that regardless of how much FM they have.

Edzi

But, can't you see the problem with letting characters have super long free trials? I have the Season Pass so I'm fine but if I was maining Alex and suddenly he got put in the Zenny shop and I couldn't select him anymore... You know what I would do? I'd prolly use my Fight Money for another DLC character or stage or just anything else because I would be so bitter or just plain annoyed.

"This character was free for so long! Now you want me to spend my precious Fight Money on him or my hard earned money on him? No way!" - I expect to hear people saying that regardless of how much FM they have.

Like Mango said, this would be petty and dumb. If someone is going to get upset over something like this, then they probably need to grow up a little.

Nah man. Sorry, I can't get behind you and I really can't see where you're coming from. If Dudley was made available and then the trial for him ended, I'd have no problem spending my fight money.

I'm really starting to warm up to Vega. Could be a good secondary and since Sagat isn't here, might as well.

Can we follow up his f.hp CC with anything that's not V-Trigger?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom