• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

VariantX

If they did, probably. "Casuals" wanted unlockables, got it and decided its too much of grind...
Considering they either expected it to be like it was in SF4 or the way it was in past games through time release or matches played, they weren't expecting it to be that much of a grind.

Zackat

Time for a new thread over on gaming.

"Why has Capcom not said anything abut Dailies while charging us $10 for a stage?"
"sfv only had 215k viewers on twitch while melee had 232k. This coupled with the inability of Capcom to get daily challenges leads me to believe one thing. They are nickle and diming me $10 at a time to make up for the loss of revenue and losing to melee in twitch viewer count. They had to make up for the CPM loss somewhere. Somewhere being right from our wallets. What do you think gaf?"

Zerojul

The daliy challenges will come and when they do we will have a thread in gaming about how scandalously little FM they give and thus how Capcom shamelessly keeps on trying to milk us for content that we should not have to pay for.

Steroyd

"sfv only had 215k viewers on twitch while melee had 232k. This coupled with the inability of Capcom to get daily challenges leads me to believe one thing. They are nickle and diming me $10 at a time to make up for the loss of revenue and losing to melee in twitch viewer count. They had to make up for the CPM loss somewhere. Somewhere being right from our wallets. What do you think gaf?"

I'm thinking that SFV was viewed on ESPN while Melee was not.

And you don't have to buy the stuff they're selling in the game.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
The daliy challenges will come and when they do we will have a thread in gaming about how scandalously little FM they give and thus how Capcom shamelessly keeps on trying to milk us for content that we should not have to pay for.

And also how the Challenges are so very, very hard.

i think the amount of fm you earn while playing online is totally fine considering you can earn fm like that until game support ends.

once daily challenges are in i hope people have one extra incentive to log in and stick around for a couple of online matches.

Neoxon

i think the amount of fm you earn while playing online is totally fine considering you can earn fm like that until game support ends.

once daily challenges are in i hope people have one extra incentive to log in and stick around for a couple of online matches.
Hopefully the Targets have a fair Challenge-to-Reward ratio.

So until December 2016?

kappa

Here is the cost of various cosmetics listed in terms of the number of online matches you need to win to buy one (1) piece:

• Character = 2000 wins
  • Story mode costume = 800 wins
  • Color = 40 to 200 wins
  • Stage = 800 to 1400 wins
  • Title = 100 wins
  • Profile design = 100 wins

You don't see a problem with this?

Ketch

One easy way to fix survival: 50k points for a continue.

Then you add the SF2 "Continue?" screen for the fan service and I bet people stop complaining about how shit is.

Tyaren

Does this Vega...

vega_new-png.21643

...look a bit better than the original SFV Vega?

vega_old-png.21642

(best open both images in a new tabs and switch back and forth)

I was gonna say you're crazy, but then I tried the new tab thing. Yeah, they're totally different.

He looks like DIO in the new one.

Why is Blonde people so evil in Japan?

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Does this Vega...

vega_new-png.21643

vega_old-png.21642

seems like they fixed his nose and hairline.
and from far away his mouth.
I was gonna say you're crazy, but then I tried the new tab thing. Yeah, they're totally different.

He looks like DIO in the new one.

Why is Blonde people so evil in Japan?
blonde hair unnatural

Producer

Ucchedavāda;211739769 said:
Here is the cost of various cosmetics listed in terms of the number of online matches you need to win to buy one (1) piece:

• Character = 2000 wins
  • Color = 40 to 200 wins
  • Title = 100 wins

Its not that simple because as you win (or lose) matches you character is going to level up, giving you 1000 FM each time. But yeah we definately need challenges soon so we have an additional method of getting FM playing online.

Ucchedavāda;211739769 said:

• Character = 2000 wins
  • Color = 40 to 200 wins
  • Title = 100 wins

Arguments like these completely disregard getting 1000FM per level up.

Does this Vega...

I don't really like the top one tbh, he looks way too serious and his mouth looks like he has an underbite.
Completely missing vega's playful psychoticness.

Arguments like these completely disregard getting 1000FM per level up.

The claim was that you could "earn fm like that until game support ends". While level ups indeed offer another source of FM, the number of matches you need to win to level up increases with your level, but the reward does not. So you cannot keep earning fight money at a reasonable rate by playing the characters you actually like to play, you'll have to go out of your to play characters you are probably not interested in, if you want to keep the FM flowing based on level-ups.

But let's be generous and say that you can keep leveling up, on average, every 10 matches, even after you've cashed out on the quick sources of XP. That would earn you an additional 100 FM per match, on average. Let's further assume that you win 50% of your matches, so that you would earn, on average, 125 FM per ranked / casual match (rather than per win):

• Character = 800 matches
  • Story mode costume = 320 matches
  • Color = 16 to 80 matches
  • Stage = 320 to 560 matches
  • Title = 40 matches
  • Profile design = 40 matches

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
What determines how much EXP you receive when winning an online match? I get between 125-175 but was watching a streamer get 200.

Ucchedavāda;211744782 said:
The claim was that you could "earn fm like that until game support ends". While level ups indeed offer another source of FM, the number of matches you need to win to level up increases with your level, but the reward does not. So you cannot keep earning fight money at a reasonable rate by playing the characters you actually like to play, you'll have to go out of your to play characters you are probably not interested in, if you want to keep the FM flowing based on level-ups.

But let's be generous and say that you can keep leveling up, on average, every 10 matches, even after you've cashed out on the quick sources of XP. That would earn you an additional 100 FM per match, on average. Let's further assume that you win 50% of your matches, so that you would earn, on average, 125 FM per ranked / casual match (rather than per win):

• Character = 800 matches
  • Story mode costume = 320 matches
  • Color = 16 to 80 matches
  • Stage = 320 to 560 matches
  • Title = 40 matches
  • Profile design = 40 matches

I don't, because:
1. you can try characters in story mode to see if you like them, you don't need to buy every single one.
2. playing story modes/trials also gives big chunk of FM before even having to go to easy/normal survival.
3. if someone has been playing a couple of days since launch, you'd easily have over 2000 matches by now..

So by the time you did most sp content + playing consistently, you'd have well over a million FM already.

Kikirin

Got a couple questions regarding Karin for the nerds who delve into frame data:

Now that I'm looking at the frame data for Karin's Rassenha > slide, I'm not sure how or why the slide can be interrupted unless I made a mistake somewhere in calculations or execution.

Going off LP Rassenha as an example starter:

• It has a static difference of -6 on block when not canceled.
  • It has 21 frames of effective recovery (19 recovery + 2 remaining active frames) after the second hit connects.
  • From the above, the blockstun is 21 - 6 = 15.
However, the slide follow-up is also listed to be 15f startup - wouldn't this be a true blockstring? Or if the cancel window into slide is fairly loose, a potential frame trap? It seems counter to the common suggestion of mashing lights for a free punish regardless of follow-up at least.

And with regards to the effective startups for fastest Tenko and Orochi: are the respective 7f and 11f listed the fastest startups starting from neutral? Or do some Sappo frames need to be added to the startup to get the actual startup?

I don't, because:
1. you can try characters in story mode to see if you like them, you don't need to buy every single one.
2. playing story modes/trials also gives big chunk of FM before even having to go to easy/normal survival.
3. if someone has been playing a couple of days since launch, you'd easily have over 2000 matches by now..

So by the time you did most sp content + playing consistently, you'd have well over a million FM already.

Story mode is a drawn out chore and fuck that easy shit 1 round bollocks being any sort of decent 'try'.

Trials barely give any FM.

Some of us play with friends in the 'no FM' mode.

SheHateMe

First time poster, long time reader. (In this topic, anyway.)

So, I have a chance to get the SFV Season Pass for $15. Half off, essentially.

Is it worth it, or should I keep grinding away for Fight Money until I unlock characters? I don't even have enough for one right now, and I've had the game since day 1. (Disclaimer: I don't care about the $15; it's essentially me bringing my lunch to work one day. It's more about the principle. Assume I am completely new to Capcom's DLC practices. LOL)

Menitta

Is it worth it, or should I keep grinding away for Fight Money until I unlock characters? I don't even have enough for one right now, and I've had the game since day 1. (Disclaimer: I don't care about the $15; it's essentially me bringing my lunch to work one day. It's more about the principle. Assume I am completely new to Capcom's DLC practices. LOL)

If it's half off, yes it's worth it. Very much so.

That is if you want every single character. Even then, you'd be saving money to begin with at $30 and getting all the premium costumes and stages.

JayEH

Yes it's worth it. You'll also get a costume for each of the dlc characters.

Played a few games today in casuals online trying to learn Alex and every game has been a terrible experience. Teleporting up the ass in every single game. And the worst part is every connection was 5 bars according to the game. What the hell is going on? It's not my connection since games like Rocket League and Overwatch have had no problems playing online. I've verified my files on Steam but have had no luck in any changes.

Top Bottom