• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Astrael

What determines how much EXP you receive when winning an online match? I get between 125-175 but was watching a streamer get 200.

It's only based on the rank of the opponent, regardless if it was casual or ranked match. (If you lose the match, you get 1/4 the value):

[Rank]: [Win xp] / [Loss xp]
Rookie: 100xp / 25xp
Bronze: 125xp / 31xp
S. Bronze: 150xp / 37xp
U. Bronze: 175xp / 43xp
Silver: 200xp / 50xp
S.Silver: 250xp / 62xp
U.Silver: 300xp / 75xp
Gold: 350xp / 82xp
S.Gold: 400xp / 100xp
U.Gold: 500xp / 125xp
Platinum: 600xp / 150xp
S.Platinum: 700xp / 175xp
U.Platinum: 800xp / 200xp
Diamond: 900xp / 225xp
S.Diamond: 1000xp / 250xp

This gives incentive to ranking up because you'll gain levels and thus FM much faster as you get matched up with higher ranking opponents.

I don't, because:
1. you can try characters in story mode to see if you like them, you don't need to buy every single one.
2. playing story modes/trials also gives big chunk of FM before even having to go to easy/normal survival.
3. if someone has been playing a couple of days since launch, you'd easily have over 2000 matches by now..

So by the time you did most sp content + playing consistently, you'd have well over a million FM already.

I'm sorry, but we are talking past each other.
The post to which I responded made the claim that "the amount of fm you earn while playing online is totally fine considering you can earn fm like that until game support ends". To which I pointed out that the actual amount of FM earned online is negligible (even when you include level-ups). Appealing to the one-time payouts of fight-money you can earn from playing single-player content is irrelevant to this point. You can't keep getting those payouts "until game support ends".

And yes, you could probably have played around 2000 ranked / casual matches over the last 5 months, if you played consistently, and if you avoided battle lounges (to the detriment of your own growth as a player, I would argue). My point is that, currently, that is your only long-term source of FM, and the payout is negligible.

Story mode is a drawn out chore and fuck that easy shit 1 round bollocks being any sort of decent 'try'.

I'm sorry you are bothered by easy FM

Ucchedavāda;211752900 said:
I'm sorry, but we are talking past each other.
The post to which I responded made the claim that "the amount of fm you earn while playing online is totally fine considering you can earn fm like that until game support ends". To which I pointed out that the actual amount of FM earned online is negligible (even when you include level-ups). Appealing to the one-time payouts of fight-money you can earn from playing single-player content is irrelevant to this point. You can't keep getting those payouts "until game support ends".

And yes, you could probably have played around 2000 ranked / casual matches over the last 5 months, if you played consistently, and if you avoided battle lounges (to the detriment of your own growth as a player, I would argue). My point is that, currently, that is your only long-term source of FM, and the payout is negligible.

Well even if you just count online, 2000 matches is easily done if you have been playing since launch; that's like 120 hours, not even 2 hours a week.
Sure eventuallly it's going to slow down, but it doesn't mean that you can't get those payouts, that wasn't a lie. Daily challenges should also add some payouts.

I don't understand how anyone can think it's a good idea to have a company have people working on content, only to put them out there for quick and easy free unlocks. Ofcourse the system is going to try and get you to spend real money, because someone has to pay for the work that has gone into them.

First time poster, long time reader. (In this topic, anyway.)

So, I have a chance to get the SFV Season Pass for $15. Half off, essentially.

Is it worth it, or should I keep grinding away for Fight Money until I unlock characters? I don't even have enough for one right now, and I've had the game since day 1. (Disclaimer: I don't care about the $15; it's essentially me bringing my lunch to work one day. It's more about the principle. Assume I am completely new to Capcom's DLC practices. LOL)

Oh word? Where can I get at that price? Is it ps4?

I'm sorry you are bothered by easy FM

Well even if you just count online, 2000 matches is easily done if you have been playing since launch; that's like 120 hours, not even 2 hours a week.
Sure eventuallly it's going to slow down, but it doesn't mean that you can't get those payouts, that wasn't a lie. Daily challenges should also add some payouts.

I don't understand how anyone can think it's a good idea to have a company have people working on content, only to put them out there for quick and easy free unlocks. Ofcourse the system is going to try and get you to spend real money, because someone has to pay for the work that has gone into them.

I think your math is a little off. ;)
Also, I am not claiming that those payouts are a "lie", it's just that they were not the relevant to the claims being made. You might as well have brought up that you can buy a lot of that stuff with real money.

And speaking of Capcom wanting us to spend real money, I do not deny that. But remember that the game also has premium content, which you cannot purchase using fight money, and on top of that, a lot of the smaller items are not purchasable with real money.

In any case, I think I'll stop here. This has gone far enough off on a tangent.

(Random aside: Is using Zenny to buy stuff a thing on PS4? It's not on Steam.)

Ucchedavāda;211755891 said:
I think your math is a little off. ;)
Also, I am not claiming that those payouts are a "lie", it's just that they were not the relevant to the claims being made. You might as well have brought up that you can buy a lot of that stuff with real money.

And speaking of Capcom wanting us to spend real money, I do not deny that. But remember that the game also has premium content, which you cannot purchase using fight money, and on top of that, a lot of the smaller items are not purchasable with real money.

In any case, I think I'll stop here. This has gone far enough off on a tangent.

(Random aside: Is using Zenny to buy stuff a thing on PS4? It's not on Steam.)

Small things aren't purchaseable with real money because it's an easy way for them to drain you of you FM in little chunks.

Also math:
A match is about sub 1 minute long, lets be generous and say 2 minutes per match, 1 minute for loadingblah, and another generous 2 minutes for looking for a player; 5 minutes.
We have runbacks now so that's 7 minutes for every 2 matches, being extremely generous.
2000 matches is 7000 minutes = 117 hours.

Zenny was removed.

SUPARSTARX

Is there a PC mod anywhere to change networking/matchmaking preferences?

I'm sick and tire of matching with laggy European/French players when I'm in NYC using casual and ranked match making.

It's aggrevating they didn't put a regional filter.

Small things aren't purchaseable with real money because it's an easy way for them to drain you of you FM in little chunks.

Also math:
A match is about sub 1 minute long, lets be generous and say 2 minutes per match, 1 minute for loadingblah, and another generous 2 minutes for looking for a player; 5 minutes.
We have runbacks now so that's 7 minutes for every 2 matches, being extremely generous.
2000 matches is 7000 minutes = 117 hours.

Zenny was removed.

If you play "not even 2 hours a week", how many weeks ago would SFV have had to have been released, for you to be able to play 117 hours in total? And how many weeks ago was SFV released? ;)

Ucchedavāda;211758345 said:
If you play "not even 2 hours a week", how many weeks ago would SFV have had to have been released, for you to be able to play 117 hours in total? And how many weeks ago was SFV released? ;)

Oh I meant a day sorry.

LakeEarth

What determines how much EXP you receive when winning an online match? I get between 125-175 but was watching a streamer get 200.
You get more the higher your opponent rank. Beating a gold player will give 400xp. It's kind of unfair because it takes longer for low rank players to get FM, on top of getting fewer wins.

def sim

I have been searching around for combo videos and it's worrying me that most of them are on crush counter situations or V-Trigger / EX dependent.

I mean, where are her BnBs for any situation ?

cr. short, st. jab
st. strong, st. short

cancel them into short pinwheel. more options with stored rekkas

Some of these old sf4 Juri concepts are interesting, I wonder if we'll ever see any of these reemerge as costumes
juri-han-concepts.jpg

I have been searching around for combo videos and it's worrying me that most of them are on crush counter situations or V-Trigger / EX dependent.

I mean, where are her BnBs for any situation ?

Well, any situation would mean no charge?
In that case it's lights into lk pinwheel, and medium/heavies into lk hazanshu.

linid0t

Damn I'm so salty right now - just went on a crazy losing streak and went from 2000~ lp to 1200~ lp. Was tilting so hard lol. I knew I should have stopped but kept going anyways and lost more... Played super sloppy.

I think I'm done with Ryu for now... Can't handle my salt. Gonna try to pick up Chun Li maybe.

Edzi

lol @ KingBroly taking his uber negativity trolling over to Max's twitter and getting a reply. Jesus dude, just forget about this game and go play something else.

KingBroly

Banned
lol @ KingBroly taking his uber negativity trolling over to Max's twitter and getting a reply. Jesus dude, just forget about this game and go play something else.

I just asked him if he was going to do a video on it because he did a video on it last time.

If negativity towards a game is trolling, then you've lost total understanding of negativity.

Ketch

holy screen shots batman.

maybe put those in quotes? I like your style tho (that's color 3 if anyone is wondering).

Ucchedavāda;211744782 said:
The claim was that you could "earn fm like that until game support ends". While level ups indeed offer another source of FM, the number of matches you need to win to level up increases with your level, but the reward does not. So you cannot keep earning fight money at a reasonable rate by playing the characters you actually like to play, you'll have to go out of your to play characters you are probably not interested in, if you want to keep the FM flowing based on level-ups.

But let's be generous and say that you can keep leveling up, on average, every 10 matches, even after you've cashed out on the quick sources of XP. That would earn you an additional 100 FM per match, on average. Let's further assume that you win 50% of your matches, so that you would earn, on average, 125 FM per ranked / casual match (rather than per win):

• Character = 800 matches
  • Story mode costume = 320 matches
  • Color = 16 to 80 matches
  • Stage = 320 to 560 matches
  • Title = 40 matches
  • Profile design = 40 matches

You don't see a problem with this?

i don't see a problem. i got everything i've wanted to buy with the current system in place. bought every char and stage with fm except alex. i have over 300k dormant, growing every day. how much fm do you want to have with a casual/ranked?

you can potentially earn 100fm every time you get into a match, no level ups included.

Top Bottom