• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

molnizzle

Huh. Watched replay and it was the MK charge. Guess I had that confused with f+MK so was trying to read it like a mix up. So really I was just guessing for no reason and getting hit because of it. fml

Speaking of Juri, her forward throw is really good. If your opponent quick rises, forward jump jLK hits in front but she lands behind, and jMK is a true crossup. Not sure if that's the case for every character, but there you go.

Quesa

Juri is well-balanced
dc038d4ae6.jpg

So Juri's engine makes it so you don't need to store kicks? That's interesting

properties:

Charges are always stocked
Normals chain into same or higher-strength non-command normals
FP causes a knockdown when canceled into
air normals juggle and cancel into higher-strength normals
target combo is jump-cancelable on hit
fireball moves faster, has a farther range and hits twice for a knockdown

Can anyone tell me why SFV offends so many people? Every time I check the gaming section on this site it's a new thread shitting on it like god damn. Like at this point, you either want to input QCF x 2 or just move on.

Edit: I'm happy with the way Juri is in this game. I probably wouldn't be into fighting games if she wasn't in SSF4.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Can anyone tell me why SFV offends so many people? Every time I check the gaming section on this site it's a new thread shitting on it like god damn. Like at this point, you either want to input QCF x 2 or just move on.
No arcade mode. Bad online. Not enough characters.
but mostly no arcade mode.

KingBroly

Banned

Edit: I'm happy with the way Juri is in this game. I probably wouldn't be into fighting games if she wasn't in SSF4.

No Arcade Mode
No Offline Versus CPU
Survival Mode is atrocious
Netcode is kinda rubbish
Matchmaking is slow
Battle Lounge is eh
No communication between players outside of pre-set stuff
DLC prices are getting a bit more ridiculous
Fighter Profile/Stat Tracking is still broken, has been since the Betas
Daily Challenges are still not available

Ketch

every juri combo video is like: "here's how to do a bunch of insane combos", when what I need is the juri video that's like: "here's the easy combos you should be trying to set up every time".

so far what I've come up with from watching a bunch of stuff is:

1. cr.mk into qcf+lk into qcf+mk into qcf+hk
2. st.hp into qcf+mk into cr.mp into qcf+hk
3. cr.mp into qcb+lk into critical art
4. st.hp into qcf+mk into cr.mp into qcb+lk into critical art
5. vtrigger into lp, lk, mp, mk, hk, qcf+hk, qcf+mk

so my game plan as a total noob bronze juri is:

step 0. dont get hit
step 1. anti air
step 2. charge qcf moves
step 3. land either st.hp, cr.mp, or cr.mk
step 4. convert any of those normals into one of the combos above
step 5. pop vtrigger as soon as it's full and try to do the vtrigger combo
step 6. dont get hit

what do you guys think?

edit: also, surival mode IS fucking atrocious! why does it have to suck so bad?

Quesa

every juri combo video is like: "here's how to do a bunch of insane combos", when what I need is the juri video that's like: "here's the easy combos you should be trying to set up every time".

1. cr.mk into qcf+lk into qcf+mk into qcf+hk
2. st.hp into qcf+mk into cr.mp into qcf+hk
3. cr.mp into qcb+lk into critical art
4. st.hp into qcf+mk into cr.mp into qcb+lk into critical art

step 0. dont get hit
step 1. anti air
step 2. charge qcf moves
step 3. land either st.hp, cr.mp, or cr.mk
step 4. convert any of those normals into one of the combos above

what do you guys think?

edit: also, surival mode IS fucking atrocious! why does it have to suck so bad?

I like these guides quite a bit, even they're a bit short and don't really tell you what's a BnB and what's not. For something a little more extensive, this guy does my favorite guides (with notation in the description), but he takes a bit longer to make/upload them.

Something fun I like to do is just go through every combo on the list and do it 3 times in a row on each side, though I'll probably find the good combos and learn them more thoroughly since I plan to actually play Juri.

step 5. pop vtrigger as soon as it's full and try to do the vtrigger combo

what do you guys think?

Sounds fine, though in vtrigger I'd try to go for aircombos instead because I need some style.
And I would never raw pop vtrigger unless I'm on low health, saving that for a cancel.
charged mk, crMP, charged hk, vtrigger cancel, target combo, jLP, jMK, jHP, ex Pinwheel
#swag.

FluxWaveZ

GGs Flux, I kind of figured you hadn't put much time in with Juri, was still fun to fight.

Yeah, pretty much just did her trials and spent a minute in training mode looking at her command list. I totally forgot about her V-Skill in our match, heh.

GGs flux. Would like to get some more matchups experience with your Rog sometime. Any tips for me? I know I mash throw too much.

I'm not great at shimmying just yet, though you adapted well by being more patient with the throws as our matches went on. You tended to have some predictable reactions, like when I would AA and you'd always reciprocate with a DP, so it was easy to bait that out a couple of times until you'd stop doing it and then always have another same response to being AA'd.

You barely ever punished blocked sweeps against Balrog, so that'd be something to work on.

Balrog specific, but you should have better answers for his rush punch reset stuff. If you didn't DP during it, you'd always try to crouch block it and inevitably get hit by the overhead.

molnizzle

I feel like this about every character. Like with Ken, there's tons of videos with all these crazy inefficient combos that deal less damage for more difficult inputs. Just show me the 1 or 2 that I actually want to do every time, and their different variations.

KingBroly

Banned
I feel like this about every character. Like with Ken, there's tons of videos with all these crazy inefficient combos that deal less damage for more difficult inputs. Just show me the 1 or 2 that I actually want to do every time, and their different variations.

The Community doesn't feel like it's their job to teach players, while Capcom does. While their Trial videos are helpful, there's still a lot left to be desired from them.

Usually community videos are just 'COMBO TEIM!!!' set to music and not game audio, so you miss out audio cues.

Personally, I wish the game had a Create-a-Combo system where you'd set inputs, the game would show you if it can be done, and if it can, shows you then allows you to do it.

Menitta

Yeah, I hate his shit. I'm more terrified of a rookie with 200 LP than a silver with 2,000. With the silver I at least know what to expect.

EXACTLY. Oh, this Zangief is level 23 and has 0 LP. This'll be fun...

It's also worse when I'm trying to learn Juri in Casual match and that's where it happens the most.

No Arcade Mode
No Offline Versus CPU
Netcode is kinda rubbish
Matchmaking is slow
Battle Lounge is eh
No communication between players outside of pre-set stuff
DLC prices are getting a bit more ridiculous
Fighter Profile/Stat Tracking is still broken, has been since the Betas
Daily Challenges are still not available

Capcom is far from perfect, but people still going HAM on Capcom on here and at the end of the day it is a fighting game. If the core isn't attractive to you then you're not gonna mess with it that much even with the extra stuff. This is coming from someone who hasn't touched a fighting game in 5 years before SFV. I'm not good at these games, but that doesn't mean I can't have fun with what's available.

I'm not even trying to go all out and defend Capcom. I just think it's unhealthy to constantly be saying the same stuff over and over about the game when at this point you either going to play the game because you mess with this kinda stuff or not. Not every game or every genre is for everybody.

Thanks for the invite :) I see Flux is streaking, I don't have a whole lot of experience vs top level Rogs but guess we'll see if I've improved at all in the random lounges I've been in haha.

GGs! We'll have to play again sometime. Wife just got home so I'm gonna go make some dinner.

I'm not great at shimmying just yet, though you adapted well by being more patient with the throws as our matches went on. You tended to have some predictable reactions, like when I would AA and you'd always reciprocate with a DP, so it was easy to bait that out a couple of times until you'd stop doing it and then always have another same response to being AA'd.

You barely ever punished blocked sweeps against Balrog, so that'd be something to work on.

Balrog specific, but you should have better answers for his rush punch reset stuff. If you didn't DP during it, you'd always try to crouch block it and inevitably get hit by the overhead.

Didn't realize I could punish his sweeps, I thought I kept pressing lights to see if I could punish something but nothing really stuck. Are his rush punches punishable? I couldn't seem to combo after a block, but your range could've been too far as well.

His rush punch happens so fast I can't even tell what's going on lol. I guess I'll have to play you a bit more to figure out how it goes. GGs.

Zackat

The Community doesn't feel like it's their job to teach players, while Capcom does. While their Trial videos are helpful, there's still a lot left to be desired from them.

Usually community videos are just 'COMBO TEIM!!!' set to music and not game audio, so you miss out audio cues.

Personally, I wish the game had a Create-a-Combo system where you'd set inputs, the game would show you if it can be done, and if it can, shows you then allows you to do it.

yeah if you ever used the combo trainer for SFIV on PC, they need that in SFV.

FluxWaveZ

Didn't realize I could punish his sweeps, I thought I kept pressing lights to see if I could punish something but nothing really stuck. Are his rush punches punishable? I couldn't seem to combo after a block, but your range could've been too far as well.

His rush punch happens so fast I can't even tell what's going on lol. I guess I'll have to play you a bit more to figure out how it goes. GGs.

It's kinda like Karin's sweep. I don't know if Ibuki has something to punish it with (I'm guessing she does), but because of it's range, it's not the kind of sweep you'll always be able to punish with another sweep or with a short range normal.

His rush punches are punishable if they're spaced poorly. Not otherwise. Difference block disadvantages for the different strengths (-4, -6, -8). His EX punch is +1.

KingBroly

Banned
Capcom is far from perfect, but people still going HAM on Capcom on here and at the end of the day it is a fighting game. If the core isn't attractive to you then you're not gonna mess with it that much even with the extra stuff. This is coming from someone who hasn't touched a fighting game in 5 years before SFV. I'm not good at these games, but that doesn't mean I can't have fun with what's available.

I'm not even trying to go all out and defend Capcom. I just think it's unhealthy to constantly be saying the same stuff over and over about the game when at this point you either going to play the game because you mess with this kinda stuff or not. Not every game or every genre is for everybody.

Well, for a lot of that stuff, Capcom really hasn't communicated what they're doing about that stuff. Some things they've said 'yeah, it's coming' but have offered no real details, so it's likely far off. Survival Mode for instance, is something they're actually doubling down on. The whole game feels incomplete and it's kinda depressing to look at sometimes.

It's kinda like Karin's sweep. I don't know if Ibuki has something to punish it with (I'm guessing she does), but because of it's range, it's not the kind of sweep you'll always be able to punish with another sweep or with a short range normal.

His rush punches are punishable if they're spaced poorly. Not otherwise. Difference block disadvantages for the different strengths (-4, -6, -8). His EX punch is +1.

Got it, I'm not too familiar with seeing his normals yet but I'll work on it. I'd like to play you some more tomorrow or something if possible. I really want to improve even though I only took like 3 matches from our long sets, but it felt like I was starting to adapt slightly.

GGs for sure, Ibuki's mixup game is stronger than I realized, but I felt like I can eventually adapt :D Anytime you want to play and I'm online, I'm down.

I'll hit you up tomorrow whenever I get on. If you're on steam, PM me your ID and I can add you or something.

JayEH

Back MP, HP xx HK Tatsu or HP DP

crouching MP, LK xx HP DP

Astrael

Wow, I actually play a lot better when I get a full night's sleep. I need to do that more often.

I wish there was a magic recipe like that for me, anytime I log in it's a total gamble how focused I am, rested or not. Even days when I feel no anxiety lol. Only time I am even remotely consistent is when I get to fight Xeteh. :3

Top Bottom