• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Need a SFIV system where you can see who you playing before accepting and boot them the F out.

That would lead to hunters and match-up dodgers. And, that would undermine the point of ranked.

If you can pick and choose whom you face, target players you can beat easily, and dodge players/matchups you lose to, then what do your league points even mean?

SephLuis

every juri combo video is like: "here's how to do a bunch of insane combos", when what I need is the juri video that's like: "here's the easy combos you should be trying to set up every time".

so far what I've come up with from watching a bunch of stuff is:

1. cr.mk into qcf+lk into qcf+mk into qcf+hk
2. st.hp into qcf+mk into cr.mp into qcf+hk
3. cr.mp into qcb+lk into critical art
4. st.hp into qcf+mk into cr.mp into qcb+lk into critical art
5. vtrigger into lp, lk, mp, mk, hk, qcf+hk, qcf+mk

so my game plan as a total noob bronze juri is:

step 0. dont get hit
step 1. anti air
step 2. charge qcf moves
step 3. land either st.hp, cr.mp, or cr.mk
step 4. convert any of those normals into one of the combos above
step 5. pop vtrigger as soon as it's full and try to do the vtrigger combo
step 6. dont get hit

what do you guys think?

edit: also, surival mode IS fucking atrocious! why does it have to suck so bad?

I'm still working on some strategies with her, but I think that l.hassashu might be a good tool for mix ups. You get a knockdown on someone and you can use the hassashu to quickly change sides. I still haven't tested this though.

I also need to bank on damage without relying on jump-ins. I think that will be the do or break it for my Juri on a lot of matches. I played a Zangief today and it's scary to think that we don't have a good keep away game this time.

Sounds fine, though in vtrigger I'd try to go for aircombos instead because I need some style.
And I would never raw pop vtrigger unless I'm on low health, saving that for a cancel.
charged mk, crMP, charged hk, vtrigger cancel, target combo, jLP, jMK, jHP, ex Pinwheel
#swag.

Gonna try this combo later, but this gotta be corner only >.>

Coda

BEAT JURI NORMAL SURVIVAL MODE FIRST TRY WOOOO

Me too, I did it to get her 5th color for her battle outfit. I was so scared of Bison at the end though. The way he creepily goes in hard at random moments and does huge combos is devastating.

every juri combo video is like: "here's how to do a bunch of insane combos", when what I need is the juri video that's like: "here's the easy combos you should be trying to set up every time".

so far what I've come up with from watching a bunch of stuff is:

1. cr.mk into qcf+lk into qcf+mk into qcf+hk
2. st.hp into qcf+mk into cr.mp into qcf+hk
3. cr.mp into qcb+lk into critical art
4. st.hp into qcf+mk into cr.mp into qcb+lk into critical art
5. vtrigger into lp, lk, mp, mk, hk, qcf+hk, qcf+mk

so my game plan as a total noob bronze juri is:

step 0. dont get hit
step 1. anti air
step 2. charge qcf moves
step 3. land either st.hp, cr.mp, or cr.mk
step 4. convert any of those normals into one of the combos above
step 5. pop vtrigger as soon as it's full and try to do the vtrigger combo
step 6. dont get hit

what do you guys think?

edit: also, surival mode IS fucking atrocious! why does it have to suck so bad?

The main combo I use is:

st.HP xx mk fireball special kick xx cr.MP xx lk split kick

In SSF4, I used a lot of her fireball combos because if the opponent blocks everything you can store another fireball.

Also, check out this video by VesperArcade:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4quxymR9do

AtticuSMT

Banned
Random question, what is Juri's best anti-air, different forums say different things, looking to see what the consensus is here. Thanks!

Random question, what is Juri's best anti-air, different forums say different things, looking to see what the consensus is here. Thanks!

Imo, st.hp when it's a raw jump in and cr.hp when they're jumping right on top of you.

Obviously nothing's better than her invincible reversal, but that takes meter so it's not the preferred option.

Menitta

I don't care for Boxer that much. Like, he's my favourite version of him, but I never liked him to begin with. I always liked Dudley and the charge motions don't work with my brain.

Isn't her MK spinny thing upper body invincible? That can be used as an AA.

Is it? I didn't play Juri enough to know. I guess if your reactions are good enough it's worth doing, but for only upper body invincibility, I wouldn't be able to consistently do a DP motion on a raw reaction

Is it? I didn't play Juri enough to know. I guess if your reactions are good enough it's worth doing, but for only upper body invincibility, I wouldn't be able to consistently do a DP motion on a raw reaction

To give you an idea oh potentially good that is, Nash's EX scythe is upper body invincible, and that is arguably the best anti-air in the game.

To give you an idea oh potentially good that is, Nash's EX scythe is upper body invincible, and that is arguably the best anti-air in the game.

Id argue that cammy and birdie have better AA. Unless you are only counting moves that have some sort of invincibility. Ryu mp shoryuken is probably a given as well.

It's really good for Nash and definitely one of the best ones, but I don't think anything is better than Ryu's mp DP for anti-airing. No meter, strong damage, invincible start up.

But to get back to Juri's I didn't know it was upper-body. I'll have to watch some more top players see how they anti-air since I usually see most just using st.hp.

AtticuSMT

Banned
Also i was gone most of today and yesterday, did some figures come out that say SFV is selling bad or something? Also last I remember the amount sold was still not that bad.

I wish there was a magic recipe like that for me, anytime I log in it's a total gamble how focused I am, rested or not. Even days when I feel no anxiety lol. Only time I am even remotely consistent is when I get to fight Xeteh. :3
giphy.gif

Xeteh you hearing this?

But yeah, I found that if I don't get enough sleep a couple of days in a row I start dropping combos consistently or trying to end the combo while skipping the middle part of it. And I can't snap out of it, even in training mode.

The Community doesn't feel like it's their job to teach players, while Capcom does. While their Trial videos are helpful, there's still a lot left to be desired from them.

Usually community videos are just 'COMBO TEIM!!!' set to music and not game audio, so you miss out audio cues.

Personally, I wish the game had a Create-a-Combo system where you'd set inputs, the game would show you if it can be done, and if it can, shows you then allows you to do it.

Whuh? Dude, you ain't looking. Justin Wong and gootecks alone have a ton (and it aint all him just yucking it up with Mike "I'm on the TV" Ross either).

Coda

I would say crouching HP when an opponent is right over your head.

Back + HK for far away jumps

and standing HP for that godlike headshot.

I still get out poked and bodied though with Juri. She just may not be for me but I want to work on this puzzle of a character and get gud.

Yes it has upper body invincibility, it doesn't get stuffed by jump ins like lk or hk.
Also crHP seems really rough to me, I'd rather not use it.

Also she can low profile some stuff with crHK/MK.

Xeteh

giphy.gif

Xeteh you hearing this?

But yeah, I found that if I don't get enough sleep a couple of days in a row I start dropping combos consistently or trying to end the combo while skipping the middle part of it. And I can't snap out of it, even in training mode.

I'm free. It is known.

Pengu

Neo Member
So I was messing around with mods on the pc version and noticed I don't have chuns premium costume anymore. Can anyone who pre-ordered the pc version see if they still have theirs? I still have ryu and chun story costumes from when they gave for *free*, but that premium costume is gone.

Pachinko

Juri is pretty rad in this game I think but .... I wish there was a way to "git gud" that didn't involve hundreds of hours of toiling away in training mode or losing 200+ games online :p

Every bit of improvement I have with fighters in general (but espeically SFV) feels like an infant making it's first steps but then , continuing with that analogy - I fall down and start crying and want to go home :D It's not just a salty loss , it's like I know exactly what I did wrong and even how to fix it but while I'm playing I'm not thinking enough.

It's becoming readily apparent why, many years ago, I enjoyed Dead or Alive so much - that game had no execution barrier at all and I could beat all my friends easily without practicing much.

BUT , despite all the whining , I do get a much greater sense of satisfaction when I notice I'm doing a 3 hit combo has a punish instead of simply hitting a button once. Even better when I manage to end a match with a super on purpose. Again, those baby steps add up after a while but I'm still not at that point where I feel I'm not constantly being outplayed. It's a tough mental hurdle for me because I've been so ambition-less with most things in life that working hard at something and getting a pay off hasn't quite jumped away from being more effort than it's worth. More than just being able to git gud instantly I wish I could just flick a switch in my brain and stop being so damn lazy :p

I wish there was a magic recipe like that for me, anytime I log in it's a total gamble how focused I am, rested or not. Even days when I feel no anxiety lol. Only time I am even remotely consistent is when I get to fight Xeteh. :3

I just play to relax. Taking data structures class on summer. So always have projects due and tests coming up. So when I do have some time to play i just sit back and relax. But ofcourse salt level keeps rising sometimes. So this games not really a good stress reliever lol....

So I was messing around with mods on the pc version and noticed I don't have chuns premium costume anymore. Can anyone who pre-ordered the pc version see if they still have theirs? I still have ryu and chun story costumes from when they gave for *free*, but that premium costume is gone.

Check if in the dlc section if it's still enabled, otherwise verify your files.

Juri's grab range is something else in this game. I fought a gaffer and at one point I baited his DP, went for a grab with Alex, saw his arm literally whiff through her face and she grabbed me from the exact same distance instead. I was stunned. Her grab range must be Vega tier.
Need a SFIV system where you can see who you playing before accepting and boot them the F out.
Character leages are what SFV really needs for ranked. One can choose a main character that represents them on the leaderboard while they are free to start from 0 with all other characters. I don't want to use Urien on ranked if I get to 5K LP with Karin. I'll get BTFO every single time.

KingBroly

Banned
Whuh? Dude, you ain't looking. Justin Wong and gootecks alone have a ton (and it aint all him just yucking it up with Mike "I'm on the TV" Ross either).

I don't think the Community (or Capcom) do a good job for new players teaching them terms and functionality, particularly during Tournaments, which is a GREAT place to drop that kind of information. You see it in the NFL mostly with replays. It's a great job of breaking things down while making you re-think about what you just saw.

If you ever look up Trial videos for a character in SF5, it's usually just a player mowing them down, one-by-one, maybe with an input camera over an Arcade Stick. They're insanely fast, making it hard for people to digest.

Juri's grab range is something else in this game. I fought a gaffer and at one point I baited his DP, went for a grab with Alex, saw his arm literally whiff through her face and she grabbed me from the exact same distance instead. I was stunned. Her grab range must be Vega tier.

In training stage, it's .2 square shorter than bison, but also when you grab and whiff, your hitbox moves a bit forward, so you can get counter grabbed more easily.

Neonep

In training stage, it's .2 square shorter than bison, but also when you grab and whiff, your hitbox moves a bit forward, so you can get counter grabbed more easily.
Huh..... That exact thing happened to me against Balrog earlier. I thought it was strange but just assumed my timing was off or something.

JayEH

I don't think the Community (or Capcom) do a good job for new players teaching them terms and functionality, particularly during Tournaments, which is a GREAT place to drop that kind of information. You see it in the NFL mostly with replays. It's a great job of breaking things down while making you re-think about what you just saw.

If you ever look up Trial videos for a character in SF5, it's usually just a player mowing them down, one-by-one, maybe with an input camera over an Arcade Stick. They're insanely fast, making it hard for people to digest.

there are plenty of community videos teaching players everything from the very basic to the most advanced things in the game. In fact SF and maybe MK are the only fg series like this on youtube.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";211797588]wat[/QUOTE]

You've never played a Ryu who parried every jump in then throwed or St.MP? That shit is irritating as fuck. You empty jump to beat those.

I mainly limit my parries to cross ups, everything coming from the front I either block or try to anti-air. And even then I won't parry all the time because I know some people will get salty and look for chances to empty jump.

On another note, I should probably never play before going to work again. I had about 40 minutes before I left and started playing. I did OK at first but then got into a losing streak. And then I ran into who I think is GAF's Alstein(same name). He played Birdie and I lost 4 straight to him because we got matched up against right after our first match. I was doing OK but I couldn't react to jab or EX dolphin dive. He landed that on me a lot and I got pretty mad and abandoned my regular gameplan against Birdie. After I lost the 2nd time I had no choice but to leave even though I didn't want to. I wanted to keep going and "redeem" myself. But being late for work over Ranked didn't seem like a good idea.

Didn't know about that second one. Can that link from j.MK too?

It's be a long time, so my memory might be a bit off...

st.hk (cc) > v-skill (run) > srk.fp (or ex)
st.fp > v-skill (run) > tatsu.lk > srk.fp (I think you can do tatsu.mk > srk.ex too)
st.fp > v-skill (kick) [builds v-meter]
j.fp > cr.mp > target combo (either) > srk.fp (or tatsu.hk)

I never got fancy with the v-trigger flash though.

K.Sabot

Juri feels like she has to put in twice as much work or more to get the same result as other "decent" characters like Karin or Cammy.

After 2 days of playing she just seems bad, no reason to have 900 health when she has poor normals compared to others, everything is negative, requires charges to make any sort of offense in neutral, has mediocre anti airs (I misread this at first thinking that her cr.hp and mk DP were actually good, boy did I learn I was wrong) and has low damage even with charges.

Best case scenario meterless damage with Juri is around 240 with mk / hk charges when Necalli does around 250 with no charges he has a command grab mixup to work with, better health, stronger oki frames than anything juri could ever get, a meterless reversal, a better vtrigger (juri can't even jab VTC jab). Juri has no links with her normals outside of counter hits, and her normals aren't even that good. Her throw range is good, but her oki frame data for a throw is one of the worst in the game. Her vtrigger has no reason to be 3 bars when the reward is so low, Chun can combo from her overhead with a 2 bar vtrigger, Juri can't even chain into it with her busted-ass feng shui in SFV.

It's like Capcom designed these DLC characters with the past mistakes of the original cast in mind (plus frames on v-trigger cancels from original cast vs DLC has me definitely thinking this), but isn't gonna bother to bring the rest of the cast in line with the DLC characters until Capcom Cup is over.

Juri feels like she has to put in twice as much work or more to get the same result as other "decent" characters like Karin or Cammy.

After 2 days of playing she just seems bad, no reason to have 900 health when she has poor normals compared to others, everything is negative, requires charges to make any sort of offense in neutral, has mediocre anti airs (I misread this at first thinking that her cr.hp and mk DP were actually good, boy did I learn I was wrong) and has low damage even with charges.

Best case scenario meterless damage with Juri is around 240 with mk / hk charges when Necalli does around 250 with no charges he has a command grab mixup to work with, better health, stronger oki frames than anything juri could ever get, a meterless reversal, a better vtrigger (juri can't even jab VTC jab). Juri has no links with her normals outside of counter hits, and her normals aren't even that good. Her throw range is good, but her oki frame data for a throw is one of the worst in the game. Her vtrigger has no reason to be 3 bars when the reward is so low, Chun can combo from her overhead with a 2 bar vtrigger, Juri can't even chain into it with her busted-ass feng shui in SFV.

It's like Capcom designed these DLC characters with the past mistakes of the original cast in mind (plus frames on v-trigger cancels from original cast vs DLC has me definitely thinking this), but isn't gonna bother to bring the rest of the cast in line with the DLC characters until Capcom Cup is over.

She has a hit confirm link with St.MP, St.LK cancelled to whatever. While she may not seem strong to you, just remember that it's only day 3 for her, and tech and how she's supposed to be played will becomes more clear with time. Guile was considered bad when he first came out, and now, 3 months after, he's considered a very good character.

SephLuis

She has a hit confirm link with St.MP, St.LK cancelled to whatever. While she may not seem strong to you, just remember that it's only day 3 for her, and tech and how she's supposed to be played will becomes more clear with time. Guile was considered bad when he first came out, and now, 3 months after, he's considered a very good character.

I hope this happens, but I also think she will end up in the lower tier range.

Her normals are good for pokes and keeping yourself outside of range for charges and once you are in, you need a medium or strong hit to make it count, which is risky considering the raw reward. Most combo videos are cool, but they are mostly dependent on v trigger (which depletes quite fast) or all charges or super to make a good damage. This without even considering some hard execution.

So far I have been managing to win a few casual matches, but I think it's because most people still don't know the MU. Once they do, then it's worrying about how good she will be.

Edzi

lol, Ryu is broken. Straight up broken. Can't wait for Capcom to nerf the shit out of him.

** Salty over the standing jab beating heavy kicks and crossups. **

Top Bottom