• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Will people really play him though? Many begged for Alex and I face more Gief than him. By a large margin too.

Where are you playing? More Alex for me, appears to be most popular grappler after Mika.
That said, most everyone gravitates to high tier mains. Doesn't mean they don't casually play around with characters like Alex.

Then you'd be the first and only person to do so, nobody makes that distinction because your character stands up, there are no special states; it's just "teching".

To me, "crouch tech" always meant a tech initiated from a crouch. It doesn't necessarily imply "special states" or practical uses. To you, it means a lot more. Obviously, as a tactic, "crouch tech" doesn't mean nearly as much in SF5 as it did in SF4.

My misunderstanding was because just plainly stating "you can't crouch tech" to me, implies that you cannot tech AT ALL from a crouch. Something else will happen, or you just get thrown. You can tech from a crouch in this game, but it stands you up in the process. That's why I'm saying this is pedantic and I can use this same bit of sophistry to redefine crouch techs in SF4.

"A successful tech in SF4 stands you up too! Look at that! You're not crouching when the tech happens, so we can't call it crouch tech!"

"An unsuccessful tech in SF4 makes you light kick! Look at that! You're not throwing when you whiff! It's an attack, it can't be called a throw tech!"

Zackat

Where are you playing? More Alex for me, appears to be most popular grappler after Mika.
That said, most everyone gravitates to high tier mains. Doesn't mean they don't casually play around with characters like Alex.

South Florida, Silver brackets. I face a few Gief every day. I might get 1 Alex every day or two.

Does any character in this game get really good pressure after a forward throw(regular throw) mid screen? And I'm not talking about walking forward a bit into a meaty long range normal, I mean you get to dash up or walk up and be right next to your opponent with frame advantage? No one wants to get thrown, but instead of dealing with a shimmy or counter hit set up I'd rather just get thrown if all I have to worry about is blocking the tip of a medium or heavy attack.

To me, "crouch tech" always meant a tech initiated from a crouch. It doesn't necessarily imply "special states" or practical uses. To you, it means a lot more. Obviously, as a tactic, "crouch tech" doesn't mean nearly as much in SF5 as it did in SF4.

Keep making this about me instead of simply non understanding what the term has been used for in the fgc for the past 6 years and how it doesn't apply anymore. That will show me.

Keep making this about me instead of simply non understanding what the term has been used for in the fgc for the past 6 years and how it doesn't apply anymore. That will show me.

This whole discussion stems from my admitted misunderstanding. Why you have to be so condescending is beyond me.

This whole discussion stems from my admitted misunderstanding. Why you have to be so condescending is beyond me.

I'm condescending? What?

Pedantic.
I will proceed calling it "tech from crouch" just for you.
To you, it means a lot more.
That's why I'm saying this is pedantic and I can use this same bit of sophistry to redefine crouch techs in SF4.

Stay winning.

Skilletor

giphy.gif

tumblr_inline_n3qqy7tNx61qksjbl.gif

Yeah...the hk pushes you further out than a jump in.

I'm condescending? What?
Stay winning.

You ascribe low levels of cognition upon me for no good reason. Even after I elaborate, you insist that I don't understand how crouch teching works in SF4.

If someone were to say "crouch tech is useless now" or that it was nerfed, I would completely understand what that means. But the phrasing going around was "you can no longer crouch tech". That has different implications. That's all I've been saying. That's why I was confused. It's not even like you personally confused me, so I really don't know why you feel the need to tell me that I don't understand what I'm talking about when all I've been trying to do was clarify things for my own sake.

Sblargh

Banned
Are there any general tips on how to improve the lag?
I opened ports and stuff and it helped, but I still feel like it is not as good as my connection would allow.

You know, now that I look at it, that might have been what he was trying, I guess he's upset about getting pinwheel instead of the charge kicks.

it's exactly what I'm been trying to do. But Capcom just over complicate things by having 3 specials and a CA on all her kicks.

it's exactly what I'm been trying to do. But Capcom just over complicate things by having 3 specials and a CA on all her kicks.

just let go of forward when you press sHP, not when it hits, if you're walking forward the combo will never work unless you go back to neutral.
You could also try doing a hcf instead of qcf.

Skilletor

It's not complicated at all. lol.

That you're getting an upper motion instead of a fireball is your bad. Go back to neutral, don't hold forward. It's no different than trying to combo a fireball/uppercut with...any character with a fireball and uppercut.

Steroyd

Sounds like I completed normal survival with Juri just in time, fuck me I would have been super pissed if the servers died, before I completed it.

I have SFV on steam and am having issues trying to get the story DLC. When I go to the store page and click the download button there it just turns my game on. Apparently the DLC should then appear on the DLC list on the game's page in the library. The problem is I don't see a DLC list on my game page. I have the Chun Li pre-order costume as well and even that is not showing.

I also tried to get the story DLC through the ingame store, but that just open's the game store page on the steam browser and when I click download there it just keeps saying I need steam to download it.

Any idea what the issue here is? I restarted steam and my PC several times and verified the game cache and everything. I am so tired of this game, it's given me nothing but grief since I bought it... :(

SephLuis

fam, Chun has the best buttons in the game free. when in doubt just keep using st.HP

What? Chun Li has normals that are way better than Bison. Chuns normals are among the best in the game.

Chun normals are good, but not like that. st.HP has a long reach, but against characters like Bison or Birdie, I will be risking taking a crush counter and a free combo. Against anyone else, a free jump in.

The same applies for st.HK, you can use it, but it's difficult to make a decent pressure game with those two buttons.

Chun Li has great buttons, I agree. But there's a range for them and I feel that Bison and Birdie escape that range with their normals. Those are two MU that always gives me problems.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I have SFV on steam and am having issues trying to get the story DLC. When I go to the store page and click the download button there it just turns my game on. Apparently the DLC should then appear on the DLC list on the game's page in the library. The problem is I don't see a DLC list on my game page. I have the Chun Li pre-order costume as well and even that is not showing.

I also tried to get the story DLC through the ingame store, but that just open's the game store page on the steam browser and when I click download there it just keeps saying I need steam to download it.

Any idea what the issue here is? I restarted steam and my PC several times and verified the game cache and everything. I am so tired of this game, it's given me nothing but grief since I bought it... :(

What if you go here directly? Maybe through your browser.

http://store.steampowered.com/dlc/310950/

What if you go here directly? Maybe through your browser.

http://store.steampowered.com/dlc/310950/

When I clicked download there it opened my game again. Still don't see a DLC list though. And when I try to download it through the ingame store I get this:

Got Steam?
You need to have the Steam desktop application installed before you can install and launch STREET FIGHTER V General Story "A Shadow Falls". Do you have Steam installed on this computer?
Yes, Steam is installed
Play this game now
No, I need Steam
Read about and download Steam

When I clicked download there it opened my game again. Still don't see a DLC list though. And when I try to download it through the ingame store I get this:

Got Steam?
You need to have the Steam desktop application installed before you can install and launch STREET FIGHTER V General Story "A Shadow Falls". Do you have Steam installed on this computer?
Yes, Steam is installed
Play this game now
No, I need Steam
Read about and download Steam

The weirdest part is that your chun pre-order is also missing from the list, contact steam support.

Top Bottom