• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Obscura

Interesting. How does the recovery look on that cancel?

By the time I realized it was possible I had to go to work so didn't get to test much. Recovery isn't great but usable. Should be fast enough to throw a meaty fireball on wake up and then either full v-skill or stop in front and combo off of the projectile.

Once I'm off in a few hours I'll get to testing. Hopefully it has some practical use.

The weirdest part is that your chun pre-order is also missing from the list, contact steam support.

Ok so when I click support in SFV I see this:

DLC you own
Chun-Li Battle Costume - Pre-purchase bonus
STREET FIGHTER V General Story "A Shadow Falls"

When I try to view any of them in my library it takes me back to my game page and again, no DLC list. So I definitely have the DLC, just am not seeing the list. AHHHHHHH!

DLC you own

When I try to view any of them in my library it takes me back to my game page and again, no DLC list. So I definitely have the DLC, just am not seeing the list. AHHHHHHH!

That's really odd, just click far enough until you can send a ticket I guess.

Neoxon

DLC you own

Did you check the boxes for both at the bottom of the SFV page?

They are not. All I see is:

Friends who play Street Fighter V
Achievements
Locked achievements
Recent News

So no DLC. The other games show DLC under achievements.

Try checking here:
23e2ace5a4.png

It's not complicated at all. lol.

That you're getting an upper motion instead of a fireball is your bad. Go back to neutral, don't hold forward. It's no different than trying to combo a fireball/uppercut with...any character with a fireball and uppercut.

just let go of forward when you press sHP, not when it hits, if you're walking forward the combo will never work unless you go back to neutral.
You could also try doing a hcf instead of qcf.

I still get DP in motions like this. I don't know if it's something to do with my 360 pad but Juri's buffer window on her Pinwheel seems to be larger than her kicks. Instead of the other way around with the shotos.

ACA65418E2724727CB64A1E9AA25CAE0A86E0063

Skilletor

I still get DP in motions like this. I don't know if it's something to do with my 360 pad but Juri's buffer window on her Pinwheel seems to be larger than her kicks. Instead of the other way around with the shotos.

I dunno, man. I have literally, not once, gotten a pinwheel instead of a qcf motion with her.

And Laura is an awesome character design in and out of SF5, it's just that her outfits are garbage in game.

I really like her swimsuit outfit with Sean's jersey.

Also Omar Dogan is the shit.

There is a problem with your input here, it goes 626, not 6, 236, 626 counts as a DP motion and will never produce a fireball because of how shortcuts work.
e884fade1d.jpg

This will DP and never fireball.
26 will never give you a fireball, you need the full 236.

Also just let go of the dpad completely when you press sHP, I would record something for you but it's kinda pointless without a cam on my fingers.

Amazing games flux! I love our Ken vs. Rog sets!

Sorry for the rust, still have some stuff to learn with the match, but hope I gave you a better challenge than last time lol.

Is that target combo, where you can cancel into V-trigger 2-low hits? I got hit with it way too often. Also have to learn what else is unsafe on block besides that 3-hit jab target combo.

A few more practice sessions and I should catch you bro! Nice level up of Rog so quickly.

FluxWaveZ

GGs, Omni. I was having a real bad time in Ranked before our set, and I also did a bunch of stupid mistakes during it.

I think I'm realizing that I play notably less well when I lack sleep. This game's getting more and more frustrating to me; I hope I'm not on the verge of quitting it altogether.

Amazing games flux! I love our Ken vs. Rog sets!

Sorry for the rust, still have some stuff to learn with the match, but hope I gave you a better challenge than last time lol.

Is that target combo, where you can cancel into V-trigger 2-low hits? I got hit with it way too often. Also have to learn what else is unsafe on block besides that 3-hit jab target combo.

A few more practice sessions and I should catch you bro! Nice level up of Rog so quickly.

Yeah, you were doing far better than last time. Balrog's cr.MK isn't a low, but the second hit of the TC is. It can catch opponents by surprise if they try to do something like walk back in the middle of it.

GGs, Omni. I was having a real bad time in Ranked before our set, and I also did a bunch of stupid mistakes during it.

I think I'm realizing that I play notably less well when I lack sleep. This game's getting more and more frustrating to me; I hope I'm not on the verge of quitting it altogether.
Nah, I was feeling the same way...I fought a bunch of Diamond guys and they just always seemed a step ahead of me. I think in reality though, it’s just a few simple things.

- Playing calm and patient and not risky
- Knowing match-ups
- Playing to the strengths of your character

I know for sure I would be a much better Ryu player, I need to play up-close versus 3/4 of the cast and too often I like to just back away and play a bit of zoning like my FB is actually good lol. Also, I like to play defensive, but Ken really doesn’t have a lot of safe on block pokes to play that way either. But I still get the job done, and I love Ken now, and don’t want to join the Ryu army.

If you need a break that’s cool though, I definitely had fun away from SF. But the only thing separating us from pro-level is those 3 bullets I mentioned above mate. We’ve leveled up a lot since launch.

Also just let go of the dpad completely when you press sHP, I would record something for you but it's kinda pointless without a cam on my fingers.

But on my pic it does show S.HP without pressing the Dpad and yet Pinwheel still came out.

I'm mean look at this shit
giphy.gif

My thumb wasn't even on the Dpad when I press S.HP, did 236 and still the Pinwheel came out when it's not even a combo at this point trying to break down the combo. Her Pinwheel seems to have a higher buffer window than her kick does.

Skilletor

But on my pic it does show S.HP without pressing the Dpad and yet Pinwheel still came out.

giphy.gif

My thumb wasn't even on the Dpad when I press S.HP, did 236 and still the Pinwheel came out when it's not even a combo at this point trying to break down the combo. Her Pinwheel seems to have a higher buffer window than her kick does.

Even in this gif, you're ending on d/f+hp.

Like...I don't know how you can blame the game on an obvious execution error. You input several motions after you land the s.hp...you press mk...3 times trying to get the move to come out? If her super was qcfx2, you'd probably be getting that.

Edit: Maybe you're trying to cancel the hp too soon. Try cancelling it later in the animation. You do get the qcf really early in the animation of the s.hp, and then you do it again and get the actual cancel and that turns into a pinwheel.

I think.

giphy.gif

Your pic also shows a 626 motion, which will always dp and never fireball.

And in this gif, the input from sHP to mk charge seems to be almost one fluid motion, if I'm looking at the speed of the inputs.
You need to walk forward, press sHP and nearly at the same time let go of forward (or just the entire dpad), then wait till sHP lands and input the 236.

I'm going to record a webm for you so you can slow it down and see when I press things.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I get the same thing in her trials. I have to go through neutral to get the quarter circle and not the dp. It's weird, but it's the same in SF4. Happens to top players, too.

Here's the 60fps webm, the controls to slow it down are at the bottom.
The second you see the sHP input on screen, I let go of the dpad, wait a moment, and then input the qcf.

Asd202

giphy.gif

You have to go to netrual or try going half circle motion. Also it's only like that after cross counter in a jump in with HK you don't have to walk forward to hit with HP.

molnizzle

oh my god you guys

why didn't anyone tell me that you can hold down the button after throwing a normal and then use it to execute one of your special moves when you release it again

wooooooow so many combos are easier. lol

have 220 hours played on steam fml

oh my god you guys

why didn't anyone tell me that you can hold down the button after throwing a normal and then use it to execute one of your special moves when you release it again

Negative edge is what it's called.
And it's frankly annoying, MK has an option to turn it off.

oh my god you guys

You mean negative edge? It's common for most fighting games.

oh my god you guys

I absolutely hate that shit to be honest, though there are times when I find it useful.

Neoxon

It was discovered on Reddit that Juri's V-Trigger alters the hitbox of her crouching Hard Punch, thus making it a legit anti-air.

2m8famkunecx.png

molnizzle

You mean negative edge? It's common for most fighting games.

That's nice. -_-

Negative edge is what it's called.
And it's frankly annoying, MK has an option to turn it off.

I absolutely hate that shit to be honest, though there are times when I find it useful.

It's a godsend for Ken cr.MP, b.MP, s.HP xx HP DP. I spent most of the day working on my execution on that and was still having trouble throwing fireballs at the end instead of the DP. If I just keep the s.HP held down and release after DP motion it's always DP.

Couple of notes I want to add here:

- Been playing Juri pretty much exclusively all week. I've decided - she isn't for me, unfortunately. Something in regards to my preferred playstyle is not clicking with the way she is meant to be played. I think i'll experiment a little here & there with her to see if something changes, but i've been in the market for a secondary (perhaps new main), and I was hopeful that Juri would take the cake. Seems like the search continues.

- Playing the computer has turned out to be FANTASTIC practice for me.I don't know WHAT happened, but i've come to realize the comp is doing some high level shit that I need practice against. So, in training, i've now gone & set the CPU to about 6 or 7, higher on my normal character, and see how many 'matches' I can win in a row before the comp beats me. It feels like a legit challenge, cause the comp is totally reading my inputs & responding accordingly. I was doing this to get 'moving target' practice with Juri, but it was here I realized that my preferred playstyle & her just didn't gel. However, once I switched back to my main (Necalli), I realized things went swimmingly. I started picking up on things I was having trouble getting practice in when playing real players. Its really made a great difference. (btw, to get a match style settings, go to the last tab in the training menu & set every setting to Normal).

- I'm gonna start hitting up some of my fellow gaffers for more in depth practice, but I was wondering if anyone here has some suggestions for a proper secondary for me? Part of me wants to wait to see how Urien does, but considering how bad a time I had with Boxer, part of me thinks I might not be a fan of Urien. Its not the charge inputs, although down-up charges have never been my strongest suit. I just had a hard time maintaining pressure with Balrog, but I don't think maintain pressure is going to be that much of a problem with Urien. So, if you have suggestions for a proper secondary and any sort of accompanying guide for them, please hit me up.

Also, add me on CFN; SneakersSO. I noticed that they recently updated the Favorites feature on CFN & added an offline status for your friends so that way you know whether they're on & available to play right now. I don't remember them saying they were going to add this in the june/july update, but its been much appreciated.

Also, add me on CFN; SneakersSO. I noticed that they recently updated the Favorites feature on CFN & added an offline status for your friends so that way you know whether they're on & available to play right now. I don't remember them saying they were going to add this in the june/july update, but its been much appreciated.

It was always there, it just didn't work correctly.

I just got Ibuki'd. I was outplaying him and everything until he got one hit in. How minus is her overhead? WHY IS HER OVERHEAD SAFE

It's -2, so not punishable on block. The reason why it's safe and allows her to link into her normals is because it has 28f of start up. Which I think is the slowest command overhead in the game. I can block it most of the time, but I have a hard time interrupting it when I'm more worried about getting thrown or counter hit.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Anyone want to play in 5 minutes or so?

I just got Ibuki'd. I was outplaying him and everything until he got one hit in. How minus is her overhead? WHY IS HER OVERHEAD SAFE

It also has ridiculously long start-up, though. I'm horrible at reacting to most things but I can consistently stuff that move.

I still think Nash is the best character in the game when played correctly. He barely has any weaknesses. Best anti-airs in the game that cover all ranges, amazing damage, movement is great, zoning is good, anti-zoning is good, frame traps are one of the best in the game. He's a super strong character.

Zackat

I still think Nash is the best character in the game when played correctly. He barely has any weaknesses. Best anti-airs in the game that cover all ranges, amazing damage, movement is great, zoning is good, anti-zoning is good, frame traps are one of the best in the game. He's a super strong character.

Keep away Nash is the stuff of nightmares.

Top Bottom