• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Shadoken

That's why Bison can't really shimmy, though. His back walk speed is *also* abysmal, so being able to not get grabbed and also shimmy with him is too fine a line to really risk...and to be safer with it means a better player just won't throw tech because you're out of range.

That being said, I love to be wrong, so I'll start trying it tomorrow.

You should be able to do it off + on block normals easily though.The plus frames should give you some leeway on startup. Try doing a Cr.JAb then just walk back. You can land a nice big St.Fierce combo.

Bizazedo

Also, to cheer me up, two posts from the SRK Bison forums from last week.

Kriger Stern said:
Bison is one of the simplest characters in the game.
Honestly, i dont know what else can be done.

I have no idea of what else can i discover.
Beta 1 bison had potential. This one does not.

gian2412 said:
people just don't want to understand and see the proofs that he is sadly a bad character; there's nothing to learn or to discover

first was "I won most of my online fights" you them explain that means nothing; the important are the tournaments that he is incapable to win and professional players that say Bison is a bad character; they come "Problemt X (BAD PLAYER I post how he wins and it was painful to see that) he won in Europe and he say he is going to proof he is a good character" well he dropped him!! and good professionals Mooons, Phendom, Momochi, as well Mike Ross are saying he is not just bad but the worst character in the game EVEN worse than how he was in 4; HE WAS drooped online and recognized by Capcom.

time has passed and the verdict was given he is the worst character in the game!! Now we must demand buffs.

Make shadow axe an overhead.

Other'n that, I dunno how to make him better that wouldn't break him.

(And yeah, I do agree with them, Bison *is* bad).

Shadoken said:
You should be able to do it off + on block normals easily though.The plus frames should give you some leeway on startup. Try doing a Cr.JAb then just walk back. You can land a nice big St.Fierce combo.
I am up for anything, will try it.

Shadoken

someone teach me what is a "shimmy" I also want to be good

You know tick throws right? Just do the opposite. Walk back instead of walking front to throw.

Watch then whiff a throw and then press your cancelleble normal. It works super well in this game because there is no crouch tech. So that giant throw whiff animation is very easy to react to.

Also, to cheer me up, two posts from the SRK Bison forums from last week.

Make shadow axe an overhead.

Other'n that, I dunno how to make him better that wouldn't break him.

(And yeah, I do agree with them, Bison *is* bad).

I am up for anything, will try it.

You do realize making it an overhead means that it'll be minus and slower right? Because there's no way they'll just make the move an overhead as it is now.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
I hate Mika. -_-

FWIW:

- Make sure to capitalize off the knockdowns that you get. I've been jabbing my way out of trouble on wake-up far too much. Her biggest weakness is her lack of defense, so you have to keep on the pressure when you get it.

- I think you're using the overhead after the same blockstrings every time, which is making it predictable.

- You were consistently getting hit by her target combo after blocking the charged HK. You changed up your defense after a while, but then you started getting thrown every time instead. When Mika is at max HK distance, be ready for it, and handle it in one of the following ways (from best to worst): neutral jump and get a full punish, interrupt it for a crush counter, or V-Reversal it if you can't get out of the way in time.

Bizazedo

You do realize making it an overhead means that it'll be minus and slower right? Because there's no way they'll just make the move an overhead as it is now.

I don't really care. He needs something to make people guess. That and it has such a range, being minus wouldn't be horrible, it'd still probably be safe.

Bison can still land a throw after a blocked jab. I don't think any other character can do that. So anybody who tech's after his jab will just whiff their throw so he does have options at least.

As for shadow axe being an overhead. They'll probably make it 25f and maybe -3 or -4 on block. If you can accept something like this then shadow axe can be an overhead.

Edzi

FWIW:

- Make sure to capitalize off the knockdowns that you get. I've been jabbing my way out of trouble on wake-up far too much. Her biggest weakness is her lack of defense, so you have to keep on the pressure when you get it.

- I think you're using the overhead after the same blockstrings every time, which is making it predictable.

- You were consistently getting hit by her target combo after blocking the charged HK. You changed up your defense after a while, but then you started getting thrown every time instead. When Mika is at max HK distance, be ready for it, and handle it in one of the following ways (from best to worst): neutral jump and get a full punish, interrupt it for a crush counter, or V-Reversal it if you can't get out of the way in time.

I have no idea how to get going with Juri atm. Don't know how to maintain pressure, or keep you out. I'm free to Mika's HK mixups though, regardless of who I'm using.

Mr. X

Haunts I know you check this thread sometimes and I'm hoping these ideas are on the way or being thrown around:

-Sell some character intros and outros
--People ask for the match up specific intros ala 3S and CvS2 regularly but you could go selectable intro/outro route + random
--Would help keep things from getting stale since we can't skip the win screen stuff

-Shop needs a better way to display colors you get through FM
--Yes I can just go google it on my phone but should be a way to view them in game before buying them

molnizzle

You know tick throws right? Just do the opposite. Walk back instead of walking front to throw.

Watch then whiff a throw and then press your cancelleble normal. It works super well in this game because there is no crouch tech. So that giant throw whiff animation is very easy to react to.

Does that award crush counter? If they whiff a throw tech.

Does that award crush counter? If they whiff a throw tech.

Only a Crush Counter in the first 5 starting frames of the throw or if they try to do a move with a long startup instead.

You only get counter-hit/Crush Counters when you hit an opponent on startup of their move. The only exception to this is after an invincible reversal like Ryu/Ken's DP, Cammy's Can of Sprite, Necalli's DP, Guile's Flash Kick, Chun-Li's EX Spinning Bird Kick and Juri's EX Pinwheel.

It's a bit rare to get a CC off a shimmy but the alternative is still pretty damn good. You can just usually hit a heavy into a damaging combo and often carry them to the corner too.

molnizzle

Only a Crush Counter in the first 5 starting frames of the throw or if they try to do a move with a long startup instead.

You only get counter-hit/Crush Counters when you hit an opponent on startup of their move. The only exception to this is after an invincible reversal like Ryu/Ken's DP, Cammy's Can of Sprite, Necalli's DP, Guile's Flash Kick, Chun-Li's EX Spinning Bird Kick and Juri's EX Pinwheel.

It's a bit rare to get a CC off a shimmy but the alternative is still pretty damn good. You can just usually hit a heavy into a damaging combo and often carry them to the corner too.

Damn. Ken non-CC punish game is kinda weak if stepped out of throw range. s.HP xx HP DP I guess.

Damn. Ken non-CC punish game is kinda weak if stepped out of throw range. s.HP xx HP DP I guess.

S.HP xx EX Tatsu is also legit since it's a fantastic corner carry and Ken is definitely a character that wants to keep their opponent in the corner.

S.HP can also be cancelled into v-skill I believe and on hit, it combos into stuff like light tatsu.

Edzi

Can't take much more Mika beat downs. As always, I feel as if I'm learning nothing from a Mika set aside from the fact that I suck at guessing. I probably need to just study her frame data at this point.

Definitely gotta put in more work with Juri. I have no clue what buttons I should be pressing, though my initial impressions are that she might rely a bit too much on hit confirming single hits, which I'm terrible at.

Shadoken

You can try to walk back and press the button anyway. That way if they press a button or try to throw they will get counter hit.
But this isnt a "Whiff punish". Meaning you are just guessing that the opponent will press a button. You arent reacting and punishing. So its no different from a frametrap. Needless to say , walking back does trigger some people to press buttons so play around with it.

Bizazedo

Can't take much more Mika beat downs. As always, I feel as if I'm learning nothing from a Mika set aside from the fact that I suck at guessing. I probably need to just study her frame data at this point.

Definitely gotta put in more work with Juri. I have no clue what buttons I should be pressing, though my initial impressions are that she might rely a bit too much on hit confirming single hits, which I'm terrible at.

Also probably try to stop putting yourself in the corner against Mika. I've only seen a few matches, but you'll have the advantage, knock 645 into the corner, and then do a cross-up....

....which he blocks and then Mika's you.

But yeah, having to guess so much against her does suck.

Edzi

GGs guys.

Also probably try to stop putting yourself in the corner against Mika. I've only seen a few matches, but you'll have the advantage, knock 645 into the corner, and then do a cross-up....

....which he blocks and then Mika's you.

But yeah, having to guess so much against her does suck.

Yeah, my mind just melts against grapplers, and Mika in particular.

Bizazedo

I felt frustrated for you.

For the last 2 games I was basically throwing anything against the wall and seeing if it would stick.

No invincible reversal / slow start up on Bison's moves = that's why Mika is favored against him (well when Mika is played well, anyways ,which you do play her well).

Trickster

Was just doing a bit of anti air testing with Juri. Holyshit why is her heavy spinwheel so shit? Like, what's even the purpose of it?

zpDzxr.gif

Trickster

Mika has one of the most punishable sweeps in the game because it moves her forward so a lot of characters can go for their most damaging combos like balrog's cr.hp into stuff and others.

I'm playing Juri. So I'm not really close to Balrog like I would be with Mika, just seems crazy how he can punish shit using that foot stomp move into whatever

Off note, game has become mega unstable after the Juri patch, gotten more crashes this last week than the previous 5 months...

BadWolf

Mika has one of the most punishable sweeps in the game because it moves her forward so a lot of characters can go for their most damaging combos like balrog's cr.hp into stuff and others.

Yeah it's pretty crappy like that, at least you can low profile stuff with it.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";212000430]Might not have known that if you didn't point it out, thanks![/QUOTE]
No worries mate, that's why I'm here.

GG's 645, I was getting destroyed at first and having bad memories of my last set against Flux. But I was able to somehow come back from a big deficit. I learned a bunch of tricks, gimmicks, and punishes since the last time I played Flux so I applied all that against you. GG's again.

Trickster

What are Guiles weaknesses? Cause I sure have no idea what to do against him either. Spam fireballs all day, walk in safetely and throw normals and crush counters my way, use fireballs to bait jumpins for easy aa's.....

What are Guiles weaknesses? Cause I sure have no idea what to do against him either. Spam fireballs all day, walk in safetely and throw normals and crush counters my way, use fireballs to bait jumpins for easy aa's.....
If you're using Juri, you can use your qcb+k from a distance to get through fireballs and close the distance.

Respect his fireballs and don't try to take unnecessary risks when he's walking towards you with a fireball already on the screen, just to try to play defensively. All of his heavy normals are safe but still -1 or -2 on block so try to press buttons after that if possible.

If he's being predictable with his boom patterns then you can try to risk a jump in.

Critique this set with me(Nash) and Vulva(Chun)

First real set in a while now that I have ethernet again.

Anti-airing Chun is super annoying. I can use jab against close jumps, cMP against IA legs, sRH against jRH, I can knee or dash under. Can't pick wrong though or I get popped. Conversely, I can use crossups or a far jRH to beat Chun's sLK anti-air but the spacing is hard with Nash's movement options.
Also, I get tagged by meaty dfRH all the time because I try to v-reversal before it hits lol

Trickster

If you're using Juri, you can use your qcb+k from a distance to get through fireballs and close the distance.

Respect his fireballs and don't try to take unnecessary risks when he's walking towards you with a fireball already on the screen, just to try to play defensively. All of his heavy normals are safe but still -1 or -2 on block so try to press buttons after that if possible.

If he's being predictable with his boom patterns then you can try to risk a jump in.

That just make it sound like such a bad matchup though :(

I hate fighting characters like this ...

Top Bottom