• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Trickster

Any character that has to get in to do anything, doesn't have a fireball and isn't named M.Bison does not have a fun time against Guile.

Yeah I guess. Fucking knew Guile would be a shit character in sf5 just like in sf4...

Just tried to do those fireball punishes against a Guile. That shit is really hard to do, Guile's recovery is some bs....

On another note, I swear Juri's c.mp -> qcf.mk sometimes get's blocked even though it shouldn't, no idea what that's about or if my mind is messing with me

Edzi

Yeah I guess. Fucking knew Guile would be a shit character in sf5 just like in sf4...

Just tried to do those fireball punishes against a Guile. That shit is really hard to do, Guile's recovery is some bs....

On another note, I swear Juri's c.mp -> qcf.mk sometimes get's blocked even though it shouldn't, no idea what that's about or if my mind is messing with me

Pretty sure Cr. Mp -> qcf mk doesn't combo.

Trickster

It doesn't combo unless cr.mp is a counter hit

Ugh...What make a hit a counterhit then? Because me hitting a passive dummy doesn't seem like a "counter" even though the game says it is. I'm not countering anything

Edit - FUUUUCK BALROG, that character is fucking stupid. STUN STUN CRUSH COUNTER CRUSH COUNTER

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
You can turn counter hit on or off in the training mode settings if that's what you're asking. If you hit the dummy out of the startup of a move (or punish after a reversal) you will also get counter hit. Just like against a human opponent.

F.A.N.G is such a well designed character and it's such a shame that his damage output is so low because I think he can be a genuinely great character. I honestly thought that he was just weak and that his gimmicks were easy to get around but the more I consider ALL of his options, the more I realize that damage is perhaps the only thing he's lacking.

Which is making it all the more sad when I see Xian not getting particularly high placements with him :(

Sayad

Which is making it all the more sad when I see Xian not getting particularly high placements with him :(
But he is getting high placements with FANG! Like, overall higher placements than any Chun player! More than damage, it seems like the thing crippling FANG the most right now is the Cammy match up.

cj_iwakura

I played V at a weekly tournament for, uh, the sixth time, and I'm still baffled by V-Karin. She was my favorite character in Alpha 3, I barely recognize her now. None of her custom combo specials even exist, they've been delegated to V Trigger. :( Should I even still bother with her? Birdie was my sub in Alpha, but it looks like he's been put through the wringer too.

In IV, I used Sakura and Juri mostly, sometimes Makoto and Ibuki.

entremet

I played V at a weekly tournament for, uh, the sixth time, and I'm still baffled by V-Karin. She was my favorite character in Alpha 3, I barely recognize her now. None of her custom combo specials even exist, they've been delegated to V Trigger. :( Should I even still bother with her? Birdie was my sub in Alpha, but it looks like he's been put through the wringer too.

In IV, I used Sakura and Juri mostly, sometimes Makoto and Ibuki.

Most returning characters have been changed considerably. Game engine is very different too. Just play around until you find someone you like.

Mr. X

God's Beard!";212001372][URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIW-ZN7GnPs said:
Critique this set with me(Nash) and Vulva(Chun)[/URL]

First real set in a while now that I have ethernet again.

Anti-airing Chun is super annoying. I can use jab against close jumps, cMP against IA legs, sRH against jRH, I can knee or dash under. Can't pick wrong though or I get popped. Conversely, I can use crossups or a far jRH to beat Chun's sLK anti-air but the spacing is hard with Nash's movement options.
Also, I get tagged by meaty dfRH all the time because I try to v-reversal before it hits lol
Nash wins this matchup
Use crMp crLP or crMP bMK blockstring to beat her 3f crLP instead of crMP sMP
Chun doesn't like Sonic Booms play hit and run and dash in to keep her in check. Learn the range where she can jump or vskill over booms. Chun fireball sucks.
She has to jump recklessly, Nash doesn't. On the ground, Nash has advantage imo. You have buttons as good, push them. You can dash away or under her jump, away from vskill jump or AA it.
She has to work much harder to get in and she wants to stay in. V-reversal or VT to get out before you get to guessing. Save meter for Supers.

Mr. X

I have no idea how to get going with Juri atm. Don't know how to maintain pressure, or keep you out. I'm free to Mika's HK mixups though, regardless of who I'm using.

Juri has her LK Fireball which goes low enough to not interact with other fireballs, dash and 3f sLP and 3f crLK, V-Skill cancel and really good walk speed and throw range.

If they jump forward, you have options to punish.
Neutral jump, they block fireball if it doesn't fade. If it does fade you should be able to dash and be in range to poke with something further.
If they back up, you're getting to the corner.
If they block, you dash in. stLP/crLK into throw or stMP/crMP, qcf_K (uncharged) is safe on block.

Keep that fireball loaded and abuse it.

BadWolf

Playing a new character from scratch and the way they give you FM for doing trials etc. is pretty sleazy. Instead of just giving you FM they instead give you experience points so basically whatever FM you get by doing that stuff is received from leveling up. Meaning that you won't be getting that FM from playing online matches later.

Anyhoo, the nice change when going from Mika to Juri is that Juri can punish fireballs from full screen. The range on her normals is really good too.

The downside is that I feel screwed when the opponent jumps in when using Juri aside from when I can do EX anti-air. Her MP anti-air is supposed to have invincibility but only on frames 5-6? WTF does this even mean? How am I supposed to time this shit?

Damn. Ken non-CC punish game is kinda weak if stepped out of throw range. s.HP xx HP DP I guess.
If you want to punish without a CC, St.hp into run, lk Tatsu, and then finish with Ex or Fierce DP. For a quicker normal, c.hp into MK Tatsu and end with Ex Srk.

Both options are great damage and pushes to the corner. Ken is one of the stronger damage characters in the game, along with Ryu, Bison, Necalli and now Rog.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
He played a pretty good Bison early on and he was grinding online pretty hard. I want to say he was in the top 10 in the leaderboard.

edit: He switched to Chun now!

Edzi

Juri has her LK Fireball which goes low enough to not interact with other fireballs, dash and 3f sLP and 3f crLK, V-Skill cancel and really good walk speed and throw range.

If they jump forward, you have options to punish.
Neutral jump, they block fireball if it doesn't fade. If it does fade you should be able to dash and be in range to poke with something further.
If they back up, you're getting to the corner.
If they block, you dash in. stLP/crLK into throw or stMP/crMP, qcf_K (uncharged) is safe on block.

Keep that fireball loaded and abuse it.

Good tip, I was just starting to realize how that might be good last night so I'll try to incorporate it more into my game.

So you're back in Winners bracket? Hell yeah lol
I lucked out super hard lol. But so did Viscant so it kinda works out. If we already played and we meet the same guy the previous result stands, so I hope someone takes him out before he gets to me.

EDIT: Apparently not. If I run into him, we play again. He won't get lucky again.

Top Bottom