• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Holy fucking shit Gief just super'd me after my super. And it caught me because I was throwing a sonic boom. How the fuck does his super have all that range?

Then you shoulda beaten him the first time.

Amazing advice. Thanks.

I got knocked out by the Gief that I beat earlier. Feelbadman.jpg

I am extremely salty right now damn it. I need to start going to Majors.

vulva

Holy fucking shit Gief just super'd me after my super. And it caught me because I was throwing a sonic boom. How the fuck does his super have all that range?

Amazing advice. Thanks.

I got knocked out by the Gief that I beat earlier. Feelbadman.jpg

I am extremely salty right now damn it. I need to start going to Majors.
I guess you ddin't have to play that Ryu again at least!

MadGear

I feel like Juris st.MK would be a great way to beat armored moves ... if I would get the timing right. Lost to another Laura because I kept trying to beat her EX.Charge with it and got only one hit in (pressed it too early). Maybe its just not worth the risk unless I find a setup for it.

Also after all that lazy Nash and Alex play Juri is really stressful to play. I'm used to lame it out I guess. But I enjoy her, despite still losing more matches than I win.

vulva

That's a bright side to the story. I need more Ryu MU experience.

In all seriousness, while it sucks dealing with being double jeopardy'd in a tournament, that's the format and you know it going in. The only guaranteed way to avoid it is by winning all your sets. If you lose to someone, you can't just shrug it off as a loss. You need to make sure you note what you could have done since you might not have seen the last of them.

Same thing if you beat someone and it's close. If you just edged it out and that was in winner's, you're not out of the woods yet. Until someone's out of the tournament, they're still a threat. You can't underestimate anyone and you can't write them off if they've even posed the slightest threat. Every match should be a learning experience and more knowledge, not just a step in the tournament.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I really hoped the DLC releases would even the playing field a little bit, but I just played 4 Ryus in a row again...

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I really hoped the DLC releases would even the playing field a little bit, but I just played 4 Ryus in a row again...
I recently had an hour long session where I only fought Ryus and Kens. Most of my sessions have more variety though. There will always be streaks of Ryus with the number of people who play him. I try not to take any small samples of matches as indicative of a bigger picture and just accept that sometimes a coin lands on heads a bunch of times in a row.

I haven't fought an Ibuki since the week she launched. I do wonder if that's just chance or if her popularity dropped like crazy.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Who do you play?
Karin in ranked, Juri in casual right now.

I recently had an hour long session where I only fought Ryus and Kens. Most of my sessions have more variety though. There will always be streaks of Ryus with the number of people who play him. I try not to take any small samples of matches as indicative of a bigger picture and just accept that sometimes a coin lands on heads a bunch of times in a row.

I haven't fought an Ibuki since the week she launched. I do wonder if that's just chance or if her popularity dropped like crazy.
Yeah, my problem isn't really playing Ryus (I actually think he can be played with the most variety of all characters), but that I wish I could get a more balanced match-up experience. Good Dhalsims still body me, because you can count the decent ones I played on one hand, for example. Most of the DLC characters are super rare. Alex might actually be the one I play against the most.

Ketch

I feel like there's been more smurfs then usually lately down here in wood league.

no nationality or title selected, but 600 lp with a 7 game winstreak and max punishes with no dropped combos? OK bronze ken, what are you doing here?

Ketch

Alex is the best character out the DLC. I keep fighting Guile today. Most of them up back.

I definetly think both alex and guile are underrated. I think the issue is there's just some really solid standouts in the main cast that the DLC characters fall by the way side. Seems like Juri has potential though too.

My buddy who mains Alex says guile is a bad match up for him, but I tend to disagree. Alex like outranges guile on everything except booms and with the stomp, stun gun, armored dashes the booms don't really do much of anything to keep him out.

I feel like Alex's biggest problem is getting pressured, which is why he's got it so hard against Ken, but guile just doesn't do that by design.

I definetly think both alex and guile are underrated. I think the issue is there's just some really solid standouts in the main cast that the DLC characters fall by the way side. Seems like Juri has potential though too.

My buddy who mains Alex says guile is a bad match up for him, but I tend to disagree. Alex like outranges guile on everything except booms and with the stomp, stun gun, armored dashes the booms don't really do much of anything to keep him out.

I feel like Alex's biggest problem is getting pressured, which is why he's got it so hard against Ken, but guile just doesn't do that by design.

SFV in general is a offense heavy game. The best guile in the world AKA chris G is also very offensive guile. He barely plays the zoning game. That's how this game was designed. If you don't play with offensive mindset you won't find success IMO.

Ketch

Yea I definetly agree about Chris G being super aggressive on guile. I wish I could play that way... which is why I've been messing with Juri. Hopefully I can learn how to play more aggressively and then take that back to my guile.

maybe I should play sim.

or ken

Quesa

I they want to buff Juri they should make it so EX charge kick charges the two buttons you use for it at once instead of doing the kick thing

Top Bottom