• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Steroyd

I they want to buff Juri they should make it so EX charge kick charges the two buttons you use for it at once instead of doing the kick thing

Why?

Her Ex move is pretty much medium and heavy qcf k without using a charge, and you can combo into a charge or start charging when you get a knockdown, why would you give her more opportunity to charge with zero risk!?

Gears

Add me if peeps wanna play tonight or tomorrow, currently on monster hunter. Im just ultra bronze guile though. HyperTurboGear is the name!

Celcius

°Temp. member
No one knows the future, but do you guys think we'll get Urien next month? It'd be super cool if we also got his 3rd Strike stage to go along with him.

I really hoped the DLC releases would even the playing field a little bit, but I just played 4 Ryus in a row again...

Are you me?

Did you get the Dollar Store UmeShoryu ones that don't when you bait but scoop limbs when don't so you have to rely on neutral game and other punishes for your wins?

I will say I suffered my first loss to another Sim today. This guy actually knew to AA and long range shimmy much to my dismay. lol

Just picked up Guile in preparation for Urien. He's my first Charge character and I've got my ABCs down pretty well, but translating it into offense is proving to be a bit tough.

DR2K

Banned
I would like Ryu nerfs. Anything, I don't care how stupid or useless. Give him female health and stun, he's sexy enough.

Make it so that if you face 3 Ryus in a row the game gives you 1000 FM for your troubles.

Man some people when they beat you they rematch but if you beat them next game they leave. Atleast finish the set bro.

Yeah that's the worst. I had a Mika who I beat, then the second game they beat me and started doing the tea bag thing. I kept the temperature down but for a split second I wanted to invite them to an actual set in the lounge so I could beat the brakes off of them and make a video about them to put up on Youtube.

But I'd rather just move on to the next match.

Man some people when they beat you they rematch but if you beat them next game they leave. Atleast finish the set bro.

Oh yes, the infamous "last laugh" technique. I utilized this a lot when I was a kid against my cousin who would kick my ass all the time in SF2. Then when I finally won I was outta there.

But yeah this happened to me a lot in SF4, not so much in SFV though. Most people are willing to finish the set. In SF4 I ran into a lot of people that would come back and win the 2nd game after I won the first and then not come back for the 3rd. The last time I ran into someone doing that in SFV was against a Bison and that was probably at least a few weeks ago now.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Sometimes it really feels like whoever made some of the design calls was more concerned with what a character shouldn't be able to do rather than what they should.

Woooooo!!! Last two days all my projects were done so I seriously sat with the game. Went from bum ass 1300 lp to 2031 into silver league!!! Too bad classes start again tomorrow. Or else I would have went for gold. After summer semester is over you best believe imma try for that gold.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
What you mean?

The mechanic choices are pretty rigidly defined. How many things have you seen in the game that you though 'oh that looks like it could combo if i did ex' and then you find out the move you're doing is just like a frame or two too slow? Or that block string that you like that's 3 hits but the 3rd will whiff if the second button is an actual hit and not blocked. Things like that.

They definitely had a finer perspective on limits

If nothing else I admire the precision I guess. There's definitely some stuff that gives me the same feel you get in an fps when you're out of bounds in a map and the game is like 'how about no'.

Mike M

Nick N
Trying so hard to be better than trash-tier Necalli, but my execution falls to pieces in an actual match.

Kind of surprised I gravitated to Necalli since I wasn't much liking him since his reveal, but here I am. He's got great tools and mobility, and his permanent V-Trigger is kind of nuts relative to everyone else being on a timer. But man, his normals have some crappy range.

Edzi

Six, I'm sorry, but Mika's drop kick and her cr. HP (combined with her ridiculous v trigger) have got to be the cheapest moves in the game. -___- Someone as explosive as Mika should not be able to get in so easily and relatively safely. Frames be damned, they're near impossible to react to normally, let alone when spaced properly.

Six, I'm sorry, but Mika's drop kick and her cr. HP (combined with her ridiculous v trigger) have got to be the cheapest moves in the game. -___- Someone as explosive as Mika should not be able to get in so easily and relatively safely. Frames be damned, they're near impossible to react to normally, let alone when spaced properly.

from my experience against mika corner=dead. She also need one irish whip and that EX move to corner you. As guile that match is painful once she gets in. But i defeated most low level mikas. against High level one i had more success playing super aggressively. Taking the fight to her instead of trying to zone her out.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.

Pay attention to ranges. If I'm at the exact max c.HP distance there's a 90% chance I'm gonna do it until I'm discouraged from doing it. Be ready to whiff punish.

Same thing with drop kick. You should always either (1) neutral jump it, (2) contest it for a counter-hit, or (3) V-Reversal it, in that order of preference. There's no reason to sit there and just block it if you have V-meter unless you're that committed to a V-Trigger comeback.

You've been punishing blocked target combo consistently, but only with a jab. It's -5 on block, so take all the damage you can get.

Edzi

Pay attention to ranges. If I'm at the exact max c.HP distance there's a 90% chance I'm gonna do it until I'm discouraged from doing it. Be ready to whiff punish.

Same thing with drop kick. You should always either (1) neutral jump it, (2) contest it for a counter-hit, or (3) V-Reversal it, in that order of preference. There's no reason to sit there and just block it if you have V-meter unless you're that committed to a V-Trigger comeback.

You've been punishing blocked target combo consistently, but only with a jab. It's -5 on block, so take all the damage you can get.

All easier said than done, but I'll try to work on it. I can't react to the drop kick though. By the time I notice its charging and I jump, it hits me midair. If I block, you get the mixup. Cr. HP is also a major problem with no easy solution. Safe on block, quick enough to disrupt most attempts at getting in, and also used to sneak in ranged grabs. Also leads to free v-trigger mixups.

You're right though, I really need to remind myself that v-trigger exists.

EDIT: Really though, Mika's problem isn't that she's broken or needs nerfs (Ryu beats her in that department easily in my book), it's that she's fundamentally frustrating and unfun to play against.

it's that she's fundamentally frustrating and unfun to play against.

I use to feel this way as well. I've changed my mind since then, I actually like fighting Mika now. Getting mixed up and stunned in 2 wrong guesses sucks but I like the challenge because she has to put herself at risk to do some of the things she does. It's not like Viper or Ibuki from SF4 who could pressure safely and you just had to hold dat.

Edzi

GGs Six, sorry I couldn't put up more of a fight.

I use to feel this way as well. I've changed my mind since then, I actually like fighting Mika now. Getting mixed up and stunned in 2 wrong guesses sucks but I like the challenge because she has to put herself at risk to do some of the things she does. It's not like Viper or Ibuki from SF4 who could pressure safely and you just had to hold dat.

I don't think I'll ever find that kind of guess based gameplay fun.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
All easier said than done, but I'll try to work on it. I can't react to the drop kick though. By the time I notice its charging and I jump, it hits me midair. If I block, you get the mixup. Cr. HP is also a major problem with no easy solution. Safe on block, quick enough to disrupt most attempts at getting in, and also used to sneak in ranged grabs. Also leads to free v-trigger mixups.

You're right though, I really need to remind myself that v-trigger exists.

EDIT: Really though, Mika's problem isn't that she's broken or needs nerfs (Ryu beats her in that department easily in my book), it's that she's fundamentally frustrating and unfun to play against.

Using V-Reversal against the drop kick is 100% safe. If you can't react in time to dodge or interrupt it, you can at least push her off of you with no risk. You weren't using your V-meter for anything, so you might as well use it to stop the momentum.

c.HP is only + on block at the absolute maximum distance; it's almost pixel-perfect precision, and few players are good enough to get it consistently. It's only 0 on block at a slightly more lenient distance. Unless it really looks like it was spaced at maximum range, just jab afterward to re-establish frame advantage.

Edzi

Using V-Reversal against the drop kick is 100% safe. If you can't react in time to dodge or interrupt it, you can at least push her off of you with no risk. You weren't using your V-meter for anything, so you might as well use it to stop the momentum.

c.HP is only + on block at the absolute maximum distance; it's almost pixel-perfect precision, and few players are good enough to get it consistently. It's only 0 on block at a slightly more lenient distance. Unless it really looks like it was spaced at maximum range, just jab afterward to re-establish frame advantage.

I constantly forget V-Reversals exist, so I'll definitely try to keep that in mind more for the Mika matchup. Thanks for the practice though, I'm slowly getting a bit more comfortable with that matchup.

FluxWaveZ

I constantly forget V-Reversals exist, so I'll definitely try to keep that in mind more for the Mika matchup. Thanks for the practice though, I'm slowly getting a bit more comfortable with that matchup.

Proper V-Reversal use is pretty much essential against Mika. Both the drop kick and her cr.HP are pretty risky "get in" moves. You probably don't neutral jump enough against her; they're direct counters to those moves.

And now I just remembered that Mika's TC after the charged drop kick is punishable on block. I won my last FT10 against Sixfortyfive, but not once did I punish that since I was too occupied with thinking about the upcoming 50/50. Gotta keep it in mind.

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
Anyone got any tips for Nash vs Bison on Extra Story mode? I've got three battles left to go but I'm not much good with Nash, and I keep getting EX stomped, inferno'd and combo'd to death before I've even begun. Spamming Sonic Booms like a dickhead doesn't work :)

Top Bottom