• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

gg to that invisible ken that murdered me with random srk and tatsu. camera was shaking the whole game. must be from the impact from his hits. thanks capcom.

mbpm1

Definetly not sure. I guess I just need to look up some frame data? And it sounds like you can't punish the fireball then?

Not sure. You should try it out. I feel like you should be able to punish both, definitely the target combo, but there may be some situations where you wouldn't be able to for the fireball, like if he were further away.

Yea this is what I want to get better at, keeping the pressure on. Like I have conditioned myself to play defensively, not throwing buttons or jumping in willy nilly, which is a good thing.... But now I feel like I have no offense, which is a bad thing, especially when trying to play a more aggressive character like juri.

Thanks for tips everyone. I think next time I play a ryu I'll try and get him to dp me on wake up early in the round so maybe I can block and take advantage of it next time.

Well if you're Juri, you definitely have a dp in mp dp for anti-airing. That said, if he's jumping as a crossup like you said timing it would be kinda rough. And EX DP for getting out of pressure at (careful) times.

gg to that invisible ken that murdered me with random srk and tatsu. camera was shaking the whole game. must be from the impact from his hits. thanks capcom.
I only got invisible characters when there was a mod conflict or something. I miraculously beat a Nash that I couldn't see once.

Trickster

Ryu's medium punch needs nerfs... Thing is just the be all end all of Ryu bullshittery. Thing has the hitbox the size of a tank and is obsenely easy to hit confirm shit with

Ryu's medium punch needs nerfs... Thing is just the be all end all of Ryu bullshittery. Thing has the hitbox the size of a tank and is obsenely easy to hit confirm shit with

Me0efVe.png

If anyone wants to see hitboxes for the cast here is a link to them all:

http://eish.deviantart.com/gallery/58172993/Street-Fighter-V-Hitboxes

Eventhubs has them also but I am not linking them here.

Edit: There is also a hitbox viewer you can download in game for PC if you want to mess around with that sort of stuff. You can find it here:

http://frametrapped.com/#hbv

Trickster

If anyone wants to see hitboxes for the cast here is a link to them all:

Eventhubs has them also but I am not linking them here.

Well I dunno what it is about it if it doesn't have a wonky hitbox, but that punch just fucks me up no matter what. It beats so much and just stuffs everything

Trickster

Who are you usually playing as against him? What moves are you usually doing that get stuffed?

Well I've only really spend time with Mika and Juri in matches, so those mainly. And I am scared to death of pressing anything at all against Ryu's specifically because of that punch. I feel like Ryu's have free reign to dash in and press that punch button and if I try to challenge I lose, and if they're then close enough to hit me with it twice, it's a huge combo or super in my face...

The medium punch isn't the only issue. The other issue lies with where Ryu's hurtbox is in relation to his animations. His hurtbox sits really far behind where you think it is, so it's more difficult where his center is. If you look at the pictures posted, notice how his hurtbox sits SO FAR behind where his torso is. It's the same way with his standing animation.

Baleoce

First time playing online in a while (UK). Set to 5 bars, and to ask to confirm. Still get a 1 bar, but accidentally accept. Awful lag as you can imagine. No problem, I lose and don't bother to run it back because I'm not learning anything. 5 mins later, get another match. 5 bars this time, great. Same guy (what?). Match is perfectly smooth, he beats me again, and doesn't run it back.

Well I've only really spend time with Mika and Juri in matches, so those mainly. And I am scared to death of pressing anything at all against Ryu's specifically because of that punch. I feel like Ryu's have free reign to dash in and press that punch button and if I try to challenge I lose, and if they're then close enough to hit me with it twice, it's a huge combo or super in my face...

Then you nee dto delve into framedata of moves as well as hurtboxes of your character when doing those moves as well as Ryu's hurtboxes during moves.

The medium punch isn't the only issue. The other issue lies with where Ryu's hurtbox is in relation to his animations. His hurtbox sits really far behind where you think it is, so it's more difficult where his center is. If you look at the pictures posted, notice how his hurtbox sits SO FAR behind where his torso is. It's the same way with his standing animation.

Also this. This guy knows what's up.

Bigg_Oggy

First time playing online in a while (UK). Set to 5 bars, and to ask to confirm. Still get a 1 bar, but accidentally accept. Awful lag as you can imagine. No problem, I lose and don't bother to run it back because I'm not learning anything. 5 mins later, get another match. 5 bars this time, great. Same guy (what?). Match is perfectly smooth, he beats me again, and doesn't run it back.

I wonder if it was laggy on your opponent's end. I'm always worried if this is the case with some of matches where people don't run it back.

mbpm1

Looking at Balrog's really shows how shit a lot of his normals are, and how the hurtboxes extend way past the hitboxes for whatever reason. Look at the cr.HP. That thing trades 80% of the time for an AA. Ridiculous.

Like all normals have hurtboxes way past hitboxes in this game

Nothing really beats anything in this game, except for some cases like that. SF4 normals weren't like this IIRC

Looking at Balrog's really shows how shit a lot of his normals are, and how the hurtboxes extend way past the hitboxes for whatever reason. Look at the cr.HP. That thing trades 80% of the time for an AA. Ridiculous.

A lot of normals are like this, though vega is the worst offender, a lot of the time the claw doesn't even have much of a hitbox, but still a massive hurtbox.

Tournament this weekend and I gotta learn some MU's against the new characters.

Anyone here good with Ibuki/Rog? I don't think Juri's been out long enough for people to be that good with her yet

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
What are the chances that this is a cheater? The match making loves to put us together. He's not bad, but not 62 winstreak good either...

unbenannt20osr1.png

edit: He's at about 4000 LP, I'm at about 5000.

FluxWaveZ

Like all normals have hurtboxes way past hitboxes in this game

Nothing really beats anything in this game, except for some cases like that. SF4 normals weren't like this IIRC

A lot of normals are like this, though vega is the worst offender, a lot of the time the claw doesn't even have much of a hitbox, but still a massive hurtbox.

But like Balrog's? Comparing these two similar moves is what I'm talking about:

n2RVSBk.jpg

You'll see PR Rog laugh at how the cr.HP will trade with certain moves that it really shouldn't, and that is why. The hurtbox doesn't make any sense compared to what that move is supposed to do, and how it appears visually.

You then take into account how stubby his moves already are, and throwing out most of them becomes a risky proposition into getting crush countered.

Why is Vega's claw more sensitive than his bare hand

why

I dunno, it's the worst.

You'll see PR Rog laugh at how the cr.HP will trade with certain moves that it really shouldn't, and that is why. The hurtbox doesn't make any sense compared to what that move is supposed to do, and how it appears visually.

I don't think a lot of those boxes on the deviantart are actually accurate, the active frames might actually already be over by then, the deviantart also shows this
9d2383a4e4.jpg

But that's not accurate at all, sim actually has his hand up there.
Juri's hitboxes all also seem to be pretty wack.
8427b3a741.jpg

That's pretty much the last few frames of the overhead, so that's not really accurate either.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
After that weird 62 win streak guy, I had two Nash players ragequit on me. I thought we were over this....

edit: Wow, Guile's standing jab is amazing.

After that weird 62 win streak guy, I had two Nash players ragequit on me. I thought we were over this....

edit: Wow, Guile's standing jab is amazing.

All this weekend it was ragequit city.

Edit: Holy crap at Boxer's c.HP. That is a janky hitbox and hurtbox. No wonder many of his buttons are garbage.

Xeteh

I really REALLLY need to stop getting baited into posting in SFV gaming threads lol

I always end up checking them out, reading through, thinking "welp, this is stupid" then closing the thread and ignoring it. Nothing good comes from those threads ever.

Top Bottom