• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Shadoken

It means something when the share of remaining players after the top 5 starts to drop off significantly.That smaller share of Karin players still managed to buy enough of her summer outfit and stage to make for 2/3 most bought real money items in the game. Chun has a ton of outfits herself and is supposed to be the most popular, but I didn't see any of her items on the real money top 3 or fight money top 3.

Most played and most bought costumes aren't directly proportional though. I mean apart from Kens Alpha outfit , nothing else showed up for Ryu,Ken,Nash. Karin and Cammy showed up though. It depends on the type of player too , casual SF fans arent going to be investing too much money in DLC costumes. But they will definitely buy FM stuff.

idk I feel Nash,Karin,Cammy are followed most likely by Mika,Necalli,Chun ( From my experience ) , and are all probably a lot closer to each other than the gap between Ken and Nash.

Most played and most bought costumes aren't directly proportional though. I mean apart from Kens Alpha outfit , nothing else showed up for Ryu,Ken,Nash. Karin and Cammy showed up though. It depends on the type of player too , casual SF fans arent going to be investing too much money in DLC costumes. But they will definitely buy FM stuff.

idk I feel Nash,Karin,Cammy are followed most likely by Mika,Necalli,Chun ( From my experience ) , and are all probably a lot closer to each other than the gap between Ken and Nash.
I'm mostly just going by the information from that stat tracking website that was up for SFV for a while (stopped tracking a few weeks ago). Karin and Nash were basically neck and neck, but the gap certainly had to grow after EVO's top 8. The real gulf lays between Ken and Ryu.

Shadoken

I'm mostly just going by the information from that stat tracking website that was up for SFV for a while (stopped tracking a few weeks ago). Karin and Nash were basically neck and neck, but the gap certainly had to grow after EVO's top 8. The real gulf lays between Ken and Ryu.

Doesnt this only track data if you actually login with your CFN? Kinda ignores a huge casual base if true.

But hot damn those stats seem pretty inline with Capcom charts.

Edzi

GGs Count. Hopefully the connection wasn't too bad for you. That last set against Chun was almost unplayable on my end, but up until then it was alright.

You're telling me. I'm sloppy as hell rn :(

GGs

GGs. I can't imagine if you weren't being sloppy lol. Wish I had put up a better match for you. I couldn't seem to get a normal in during some of those block strings. Am I supposed to just keep blocking? There were times where I tried to throw out a jab or a short and I'd get countered.

molnizzle

Ok, who has BnB's that are reliably easy to do on a gamepad that's being held like a normal human holds a controller? Anyone? I'm sick of still dropping this shit with Ken after dozens of hours of straight practice.

Xeteh

Ok, who has BnB's that are reliably easy to do on a gamepad that's being held like a normal human holds a controller? Anyone? I'm sick of still dropping this shit with Ken after dozens of hours of straight practice.

Most characters do, no one really has anything too complicated. I say this as someone who fucks up all the time.

molnizzle

Most characters do, no one really has anything too complicated. I say this as someone who fucks up all the time.

Well so far Karin and Ken are both no-go's. lol

Fucking up in a match is one thing. I need to be able to do BnB's in training with 100% accuracy. Still whiff ken chin buster like 50% of the time because normal MP comes out. Can't hold back because then will back up too far to hit with the chin buster. It's asinine.

Ketch

Well so far Karin and Ken are both no-go's. lol

Fucking up in a match is one thing. I need to be able to do BnB's in training with 100% accuracy. Still whiff ken chin buster like 50% of the time because normal MP comes out. Can't hold back because then will back up too far to hit with the chin buster. It's asinine.

Are you using the dpad or analog stick? try the stick if you're not already. I switched on ds4 from dpad to analog and my execution improve immediately and drastically.

any bronze players want to fight? or just anybody? I'd like to get some practice against ryu. CFN = KetchV

molnizzle

Are you using the dpad or analog stick? try the stick if you're not already. I switched on ds4 from dpad to analog and my execution improve immediately and drastically.

D-pad, playing on a Hori pad so that's all there is. Can't use an arcade stick do to a wrist injury. Can't hold the pad like a stick for the same reason. And not interested in a gamepad that doesn't have 6 face buttons.

Fuck this is frustrating. I should be worrying about fighting with my opponent, not the stupid game.

eggs, you were using frame traps with Nash I haven't really seen before so I got caught a lot of times pressing buttons when I shouldn't have been. I should probably learn what his normals are on block :p, especially the cr.HP.

edit: his cr.HP is +3 lmao I deserved those CC's

JayEH

any bronze players want to fight? or just anybody? I'd like to get some practice against ryu. CFN = KetchV

I can invite you if you're still on. My ryu is rusty though.

Ketch

D-pad, playing on a Hori pad so that's all there is. Can't use an arcade stick do to a wrist injury. Can't hold the pad like a stick for the same reason. And not interested in a gamepad that doesn't have 6 face buttons.

Fuck this is frustrating. I should be worrying about fighting with my opponent, not the stupid game.

try a ds4? the shoulder buttons aren't the worst thing in the world.

I can invite you if you're still on. My ryu is rusty though.

I'm still on, invite me. CFN = KetchV

ggs, you were using frame traps with Nash I haven't really seen before so I got caught a lot of times pressing buttons when I shouldn't have been. I should probably learn what his normals are on block :p, especially the cr.HP.

+3 baby, so don't press any buttons :p Your mixups are insane tho, props to you. They're probably the best I've ever seen. I read you a couple of times but you cracked my defense open mostly.

+3 baby, so don't press any buttons :p Your mixups are insane tho, props to you. They're probably the best I've ever seen. I read you a couple of times but you cracked my defense open mostly.

Yea I was pressing all sorts of buttons afterwards cause I thought it was my turn lol nope

This dude CKD_DS_Babushas is playing Alex and is just wrecking everyone on LevelUpLive's twitch feed. Dude is dirty.

edit:: Of course, "Guess wrong once and you lose" Mika kills him as soon as I post XD

JayEH

try a ds4? the shoulder buttons aren't the worst thing in the world.

I'm still on, invite me. CFN = KetchV

GGs, I don't know that much about Juri but some general advice I can give is just to make sure you got your BnBs down since there was some times especially when I whiffed a DP that you could have gotten some big damage. Especially make sure to practice a crush counter combo. Also as far as fireballs go you don't have to just stand there and block, neutral jump every once in a while to throw off my timing, you can also start to slowly walk forward, the closer you are the less likely I'll throw fireballs. that one split move she does it good to do every once in a while but I was starting to anticipate it after I threw a few fireballs. finally just anti air, don't think you did it once so I had no problem just continually jumping in.

//ARCANUM

I'm doing a new series on the site I run (FloKO) called GET GOOD. The basic concept is that I'm not good at SFV but I want to be. So when I'm with pro players, I get them to show me a thing or two to help me GET GOOD. Pretty clever eh?
not really lol

Anyways, the first episode is with Long Island Joe. I thought y'all might dig it. Thanks!

http://www.floko.tv/video/986655-get-good-with-long-island-joe

edit - also, this was shot back in May, so I'm gooder now ;)

Top Bottom