• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

switch voices

Well, that's not the only reason I'm not playing her. Granted I haven't even been playing all that much but Juri never had "main potential" for me and she still doesn't.

Hope Sagat makes it in, I always enjoyed the tiger knees.

And that nay nay thing is actually kinda funny when I'm not the one who's controlling her.

Groof

It should be st. HP not K. Press it as soon as possible after the V trigger.
Yeah I know just typed it wrong, you managed to reply before my edit.

Thanks I realised I just wasn't entering v trigger quick enough. Tonight's the night!

Everytime I do a forward throw and she says "nay nay", I'm reminded of that shitty "watch me whip, watch me nay nay" song.

co1dtgcwcaasmewe5z3x.png

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
After lurking this thread for several weeks I finally have my stick and it's time to learn street fighter. Guess I'll be the resident noob/worst guy here for at least several weeks. Think I'll start up some Gief's gym before finally venturing online. After spending the last 6 years playing mostly League and Dota 2 it will be interesting to see what carries over.

Steam/CFN is whiskeystrike.

P.S. Is Ryu's target combo fine to punish with while I learn the fundamentals?

I don't think I can play Juri.

Everytime I do a forward throw and she says "nay nay", I'm reminded of that shitty "watch me whip, watch me nay nay" song.

Whstever she says when she's charging is what annoys me, simply because she's always charging. Bad choice to put a voice bit in.
Still tho, she's my favorite personality in SF, but still, again, her play style just does not work for me. Her lack of decent combo without special canceling is my deal breaker.

LakeEarth

I don't think Gief is a great starter character in this game.

The easiest character to have some success with is Birdie. No SRK motions, easy anti-air that works for almost every situation, big damage when the opportunity arises. Only negative (at the low levels) is that he has no GTFO move.

I love playing when I'm 100%. Able to block overheads consistently. Made a Rashid RQ after I already beat him one game and he lost the second lol. He was so close to beating me too but I clutched it out.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
For some reason every pro likes to put Nash rather low. I think it's because you should, theoretically, be able to beat all his options. It's an interesting phenomenon.

FluxWaveZ

Crap, I just had to hastily close my PS4 right when I lost a round against this Laura.

I don't remember your name (Super Platinum wearing that swimsuit alt), but if you ever read this, I'm sorry!

Edit: Also, you know what I just realized again? Mika is fun. Really fun.

Edzi

I like her as a character and design wise, but I can't help but feel like playing her is an uphill battle I can't deal with.

All the DLC characters feel that way tbh. It's frustrating, since I vastly prefer Alex, Juri, and (probably) Urien to the main cast.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";212305677]If Sako has the 1f dash down, oh boy.[/QUOTE]

Explain.

molnizzle

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";212308773]Juri can cross people up with her v-skill cancel, but it's a 1-frame link.[/QUOTE]

oh, good.

Top Bottom