• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Kinda hard to argue with the characters on those lists, especially 1 and 2. I foresee most future tier lists will have the same first and second slots.

My personal list is:

Chun, Ryu

Ken, Nash, Necalli, Mika

Cammy, Karin

Everybody besides Chun/Ryu is interchangeable probably though.

Shadoken

Most Tier lists are comprised of adding matchup against individual characters and then comparing. HOWEVER not all characters appear with the same frequency in a tournament , So if you were to make matchups based on Tournament appearances the tier list would look different. That would be a more PRactical Tournament tier list.

Having a disadvantageous matchup against say Fang or Gief is less important than having a disadvantageous matchup against Ryu and Chun. I wonder if pros take that into account.

They both have Nash too low

For some reason every pro likes to put Nash rather low. I think it's because you should, theoretically, be able to beat all his options. It's an interesting phenomenon.

I sorta agree in that theoretically he should be easier to beat. There are some characters that perform better in a Tournament setting rather than long sets. I think thats why Maybe in a more Practical tourney setting Nash and Mika do so well. However if you were to do long sets Ryu and Chun would be dominating.

Another huge Aspect you guys are missing out on are Matchups. Nash does very well against most Top tier characters , like Ryu,Ken,Cammy,Necalli,Mika. However his matchups with some of the less popular characters like Vega,Fang,Dhalsim arent too great. But because the chances of Nash running into these characters is less , in a practical Tourney setting he does well.

Asd202

02_champtop01.jpg

02_champtop02.jpg

I feel like Nash is too low.

JayEH

Well Juri was highly technical in IV too so it's no surprise she'd be the same here. Glad they got rid of having to hold the button for fireball charges though.

DD-11

What do you guys think about giving the defensive player frame advantage on wake up if they tech a throw? I'm not a big fan of the guessing wake up game, and am trying to come up with a solution.

Skilletor

What do you guys think about giving the defensive player frame advantage on wake up if they tech a throw? I'm not a big fan of the guessing wake up game, and am trying to come up with a solution.

I like how SC handles it.

Made up frame data, just using it as an example.

Frames 1-3 - early escape, frame advantage to the defender
Frames 3-4 - regular escape, both people at neutral
Frames 5-7 - late escape, frame advantage to the offense

Shadoken

That would lead to some weird scenarios , sometimes the defender can tech so early that his throw is the one that comes out first. And the Attacker is the one that actually "Techs" the throw.

I don't understand what you are proposing. Frame advantage on wake up....if they tech a throw? How does that even work?

I think he means. If somebody tries to throw you on wakeup and you tech it , you are left at +1 or something.

Damn, just finished Juri trial, take me days. That trial 10 is pure bullshit.
Any easy trial left recommend guys?
I only finished ryu, ken and Juri

JayEH

necalli, chun li, birdie, laura off the top of my head. most of the characters aren't hard but the but the ones I listed I remember being particularly easy.

I assume that the attacking player would have longer throw stun than the defender. Similar to a whiffed command throw.

I think he means. If somebody tries to throw you on wakeup and you tech it , you are left at +1 or something.

Hmm ok, but how would this help with the wakeup guess game? You'd still have to guess the throw before you could get the advantage...so I'm not sure what he means.

Not karin, it's much harder than Juri's.

Hmm ok, but how would this help with the wakeup guess game? You'd still have to guess the throw before you could get the advantage...so I'm not sure what he means.
I think he/she wants an advantage or reward for successfully defending against the 50/50. Something to make it worth putting up with the frustration more than just surviving and making it riskier for the attacker than it currently is.

My cynical side think they hope that this will deter people from going for the 50/50 so often or as a core part of their game. If that's the case, it hasn't stopped Mika or Laura players much with their risky command throw 50/50 setups.

Not sure how I feel about that at the moment. It's an interesting idea.

necalli, chun li, birdie, laura off the top of my head. most of the characters aren't hard but the but the ones I listed I remember being particularly easy.

Thanks m8,
I just remember I'm stuck on Laura trial 7, gonna continue later
Karin always give me pain

Ketch

I wanted to thank whoever played me as ryu the other day and then told me to practice crush counters and punish combos. Also, whoever posted the gief's gym stuff. I feel like I've leveled up my game specifically against ryu just a bit.

I wanted to thank whoever played me as ryu the other day and then told me to practice crush counters and punish combos. Also, whoever posted the gief's gym stuff. I feel like I've leveled up my game specifically against ryu just a bit.

Wasn't me, but I've been telling people that since launch. Want to get out of bronze? Learn your CC punishes.
If only there was such an easy step to get out of silver...

Sayad

Only Ibuki's are on the same level, with Karin number 6 being the hardest. On a scale where Karin's #6 is a 10, Juri and Ibuki will be 4 and everyone else is under 3.

I'm still having trouble with Juri #10 even though I did all of Karin's awhile back. :\

Any of the grapplers are pretty easy to work with in my experience. R. Mika, Zangief, Laura.

Only Ibuki's are on the same level, with Karin number 6 being the hardest. On a scale where Karin's #6 is a 10, Juri and Ibuki will be 4 and everyone else is under 3.

Definitely don't agree with this -- some of the cancel speeds/timings in some of the other trials gave me fits; Alex #7, Claw #7, Chun #10, Nash #10 -- they all took me quite awhile... and I still haven't finished Guile/Ibuki/Boxer yet.

Mr. X

Ryu
Chun
Nash
Ken

Necalli
Mika

These are the only stand out "strong" cast members to me to be honest. I don't feel anyone else has the same level of bullshit to deal with.

DD-11

I think he/she wants an advantage or reward for successfully defending against the 50/50. Something to make it worth putting up with the frustration more than just surviving and making it riskier for the attacker than it currently is.

My cynical side think they hope that this will deter people from going for the 50/50 so often or as a core part of their game. If that's the case, it hasn't stopped Mika or Laura players much with their risky command throw 50/50 setups.

Not sure how I feel about that at the moment. It's an interesting idea.

Yes, this is exactly what I mean. Thanks.

Ryu
Chun
Nash
Ken

Necalli
Mika

These are the only stand out "strong" cast members to me to be honest. I don't feel anyone else has the same level of bullshit to deal with.

No cammy?
Personally, I think Claw has enough crazy stuff that maybe his full potential hasn't been completely wrung out yet. Plus, let's not forget, one of only 5 characters to get to evo gf lol.

Top Bottom