• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Edzi

Hey guys, I was wondering. Anyone here fight any FGC dudes/stars? I had a match with Arturo/ Sabin back when he was number 2.

Before the matchmaking was fixed when the game first came out, I got matched with Brolylegs, Gootecks, TampaBison, and bjUnchained. I lost to all of them, but they were all decently close matches.

Can someone help me understand why I lose so many points in ranked? I am super gold.

I fight a gold person, 1 league below me. I lose. I lose 86 points, they gain 93-100.

I fight an ultra gold person, 1 league above me. I win. I gain 76 points. They lose 65.

How does that make any sense?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The points system does need a little fine-tuning.

Before the matchmaking was fixed when the game first came out, I got matched with Brolylegs, Gootecks, TampaBison, and bjUnchained. I lost to all of them, but they were all decently close matches.

That's cool.
I'm not sure if they fixed matchmaking tho. Looking up current no 1, it seems 90% of his matches are against one guy. Haitani is definitely no 1 at beating up Rockpon, lol.

Zerojul

Can someone help me understand why I lose so many points in ranked? I am super gold.

I fight a gold person, 1 league below me. I lose. I lose 86 points, they gain 93-100.

I fight an ultra gold person, 1 league above me. I win. I gain 76 points. They lose 65.

How does that make any sense?

It doesn't, really :/

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The points system does need a little fine-tuning.

Yeah. I wonder if a comprehensible explanation on how it's supposed to work is available somewhere. There's got to be some real math at work here but it eludes me.

Hey guys, I was wondering. Anyone here fight any FGC dudes/stars? I had a match with Arturo/ Sabin back when he was number 2.

I don't know how big Juicebox is but back when Platinum was unheard of, we played a set of 5 and I got a round off of him.

I had no idea who he was but I put 2 and 2 together and found his stream and he gave me some pointers.

Zackat

I don't know how big Juicebox is but back when Platinum was unheard of, we played a set of 5 and I got a round off of him.

I had no idea who he was but I put 2 and 2 together and found his stream and he gave me some pointers.
He posts here from time to time as well.

does anyone enjoy playing against mika? we're talking about long CA animations but her normal shit goes on forever.
I would trade half my fights against Ryu/Ken for Mika. Chun is equally annoying, but I'll only fight a good Chun once in a blue moon. I would be happier if I rarely if ever had to fight Ryu and Ken.

Giefs in general, though tbh, it's grapplers in general.
Hmm. Which character(s) do you use?

And also, what is it specifically that you seem to have a problem with? Is it the whole "get hit by one command grab, suddenly you're stuck in a vortex" thing with Gief? Do you just consistently guess incorrectly?

Zerojul

With all the talk about Gief being low tier, which I agree, at my scrub level the hardest thing to do is to keep playing very, very safe during the whole match. I know I have the mu for me 100% but I lack the patience to play it by the book and keep spamming booms forever and ever :/

With all the talk about Gief being low tier, which I agree, at my scrub level the hardest thing to do is to keep playing very, very safe during the whole match. I know I have the mu for me 100% but I lack the patience to play it by the book and keep spamming booms forever and ever :/

Definitely. A favourable match up for guile but in no way a fun one.

Unrelated but I really really really love this quote.

947350.png

Steroyd

I can't beat Gief. Straight up, I just cannot beat Gief.

Which character do you use? Gief struggles against opponents that can keep him at a distance, although you're fucked if you use someone like Mika who needs to get in to do damage. And if the gief is good at meatying SPD on wake up either neutral jump or back dash to get out of the vortex.

So I’ve come across something which I’m not sure has already been discussed at some point.

I have the UK SF5 game and use in on my US account, as my US account was my main account from the PS3 days and everything is on there so carried it over on my PS4. Anyway, on my US account If I try and buy DLC using the ‘Buy from Playstation Store’ option nothing happens as i guess it checks the disc and sees its a UK disc so won't open the US PS Store. This is fine for now as I have bought all (US) characters using FM and have enough for Urien when he is released.

But when the next lot of characters come out next year chances are I would have nowhere near enough FM for the next 6 or so new characters but I can’t buy them from the US either.

Has anyone noticed this at all? Anyone here playing SF5 on a different region account compared to the disc they have?

How does the season pass work for those who have it? When you use it for a character do you get sent to the PS Store or are they automatically unlocked? If next year I get the next (US) season pass will I have new characters unlocked for my UK game on the US account?

Zerojul

How does the season pass work for those who have it? When you use it for a character do you get sent to the PS Store or are they automatically unlocked?

You don't have to do anything when you have the SP. When a character is up it's unlocked automatically. Not a clue about the region/account/DLC stuf, sorry :(

Why does the ingame cfn system show when you're online even when PSN doesn't.

So freaking annoying and you can't decline the request without seeming like a douche.

SMK

So I’ve come across something which I’m not sure has already been discussed at some point.

I have the UK SF5 game and use in on my US account, as my US account was my main account from the PS3 days and everything is on there so carried it over on my PS4. Anyway, on my US account If I try and buy DLC using the ‘Buy from Playstation Store’ option nothing happens as i guess it checks the disc and sees its a UK disc so won't open the US PS Store. This is fine for now as I have bought all (US) characters using FM and have enough for Urien when he is released.

But when the next lot of characters come out next year chances are I would have nowhere near enough FM for the next 6 or so new characters but I can’t buy them from the US either.

Has anyone noticed this at all? Anyone here playing SF5 on a different region account compared to the disc they have?

How does the season pass work for those who have it? When you use it for a character do you get sent to the PS Store or are they automatically unlocked? If next year I get the next (US) season pass will I have new characters unlocked for my UK game on the US account?

The season pass might work, but if you want any other dlc, you'd probably have to buy a US version of the game to keep that account going, or start from scratch and create a UK save.

The season pass might work, but if you want any other dlc, you'd probably have to buy a US version of the game to keep that account going, or start from scratch and create a UK save.

Damn :-(

US game should be fine with my current US save file right?

Hutchie

Quick q, ive had the game since launch and completed everything offline except hard/hell survival. If i bought season pass now do i get 500,000 fight money back or is it gone for good?

mbpm1

But non of them are as good as Laura's. Then you have Air to Air which always favors Laura.

Jump back crossup air-to-airs seem to always favour the person who jumps and attacks later

This happens with Juri, vega, balrog, pretty much any character I've doen this with in a scramble situation

Is there a way to map steam's screenshot function to an x-input button without any additional software like JoyToKey?

It would be cool to take screens of clutch moments without fumbling for the keyboard

Top Bottom