• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

AEREC

Quick q, ive had the game since launch and completed everything offline except hard/hell survival. If i bought season pass now do i get 500,000 fight money back or is it gone for good?

If you spent it then it's gone for good. I was in a similar situation and I asked capcom and thier response was be careful what you spend fight money since thier is no way they can add it back to your account.

BadWolf

Having a surprising amount of success with Juri after a few days of playing, she is very effective even at beginner and intermediate levels. You can do well just doing the basic stuff.

Feels like I'm winning about as much as with Mika, definitely having a much easier time against Ryus and Chuns.

Also made the adjustment of using a lot more V-reversals (which I always kept forgetting to do before) which has been a huge help.

So I’ve come across something which I’m not sure has already been discussed at some point.

I have the UK SF5 game and use in on my US account, as my US account was my main account from the PS3 days and everything is on there so carried it over on my PS4. Anyway, on my US account If I try and buy DLC using the ‘Buy from Playstation Store’ option nothing happens as i guess it checks the disc and sees its a UK disc so won't open the US PS Store. This is fine for now as I have bought all (US) characters using FM and have enough for Urien when he is released.

But when the next lot of characters come out next year chances are I would have nowhere near enough FM for the next 6 or so new characters but I can’t buy them from the US either.

Has anyone noticed this at all? Anyone here playing SF5 on a different region account compared to the disc they have?

How does the season pass work for those who have it? When you use it for a character do you get sent to the PS Store or are they automatically unlocked? If next year I get the next (US) season pass will I have new characters unlocked for my UK game on the US account?

Season pass needs be same region as the game for one thing, secondly, it is the 'unlock' style of DLC, not the download style, so only the account that buys it can use it (shitty new PS4 method of doing DLC, PS3 was better).

Your options are either

1. Start over on a UK account, buy the season pass 2 on that account.

2. Buy a US copy of the game (some of your current progress might still work, not sure what is saved to Capcom servers, but I assume FM and FM unlocks are), buy US season pass 2 and play on US account.

3. If you don't care about premium costumes and whatnot, you could just continue as you are for now and see if Capcom releases a new disc with season 1 characters included at some point, then buy that from whatever region account you intend to play on.

With option 3, if you choose UK you'd be starting over with FM to earn and have the season 1 already unlocked, so could probably earn Season 2 for free.

Playing again after like 2 weeks of playing other stuff, I feel like I've forgotten all my fundamentals. My setups and meaties are still there but everything else just went out the window.

JayEH

Was posted a few days ago but no big deal. I was hoping that they would put them back in the game with Juri. Would be nice if they released them along with Urien as I do not know how many more updates they have planned for the rest of the year regarding the game.

would expect this next year at the earliest.

RM8

I guess it makes sense since he's my main, but I'm kind of convinced that Sim's challenges (or trials, or however they're called when the game is set to English) are objectively way easier than most of the cast's challenges.

Pompadour

I guess it makes sense since he's my main, but I'm kind of convinced that Sim's challenges (or trials, or however they're called when the game is set to English) are objectively way easier than most of the cast's challenges.

His are pretty easy in general, though. Karin is my main and I didn't have much trouble with her stuff despite me being fairly mediocre execution wise.

hutna

Anyone else have this problem?

I have an old ps2 arcade stick I like to use. I have a few PS2 > PS3 adapters (one from pelican that has a rock band mode and ps button, the official Sony one, and some old PC ps2 to USB adapter). I can't get any of them working right. Best I can achieve is buttons work but no stick.

Anyone find a solution to this? Do I just need to buy a new adapter from Arcade Shock?

Menitta

What would've happened if SF4 had a story mode and MK9 didn't? I bet the reception of A Shadow Falls would be better. Either that or every other fighting game after it would have a decent story mode.

Best - I'm not sure, there's a lot of characters I don't necessarily mind playing against. Maybe Rog since his defence is trash?

Worst is easily Chun lol. shit every characters worst MU is Chun

I actually do pretty well against Chunners with my Laura. Took the heads of a few platinum Chuns quite soundly.

Shadoken

What would've happened if SF4 had a story mode and MK9 didn't? I bet the reception of A Shadow Falls would be better. Either that or every other fighting game after it would have a decent story mode.

Lol SFVs launch reception would have been even worse , because SF4 launched with a story mode and SFV didnt.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
This reminds me...didn't haunts promise to do a blog post to explain the CPT dlc? I guess this is it, been a while.

This reminds me...didn't haunts promise to do a blog post to explain the CPT dlc? I guess this is it, been a while.

He literally says this in the link:
Still working on the FAQ, haven't forgotten. Just taking longer than expected but should be up soon. I was going to do a full FAQ around all things SFV but decided to focus on the CPT DLC and the general SFV FAQ will come later when I have more time.

LakeEarth

Hey! I interviewed Jav1ts about why he decided to drop Balrog. He talks for about 13 minutes and gives a really detailed breakdown of what he thinks is wrong with the character, what could be fixed, and talks about a character he'd love to see in season 2.

Check it out if you're interested :)

http://www.floko.tv/video/986692-exclusive-interview-jav1ts-drops-balrog

I agree that Balrog could really use better throw range. His walk speed doesn't seem to be that great.

As hilarious and awkward as this whole thing was, it was nice to see Gootecks and Justin Wong immediately started teaching the kid some basics and good practice techniques, instead of taking an easy opportunity to completely humiliate him on stream. He was doing a good enough job of that to himself, and they just tried to help him get better at Street Fighter. Classy of them.

mbpm1

As hilarious and awkward as this whole thing was, it was nice to see Gootecks and Justin Wong immediately started teaching the kid some basics and good practice techniques, instead of taking an easy opportunity to completely humiliate him on stream. He was doing a good enough job of that to himself, and they just tried to help him get better at Street Fighter. Classy of them.

Yeah, at least they weren't like "WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD!" lol

molnizzle

Well, they both charge like $150 an hour for personal training sessions. Wouldn't be a good look to humiliate a bad player on stream. =P

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Is it possible to uninstall the Cinematic Story Mode after I'm done with it on PS4? Or would I have to un- and then reinstall the whole game?

Well, they both charge like $150 an hour for personal training sessions. Wouldn't be a good look to humiliate a bad player on stream. =P

This goes beyond just being simply a bad player, though. Almost everything he said was a lie and seemed to have little to no self-awareness. Justin took the opportunity to correct him for saying Rye-yoo, and Gootecks had that camera look, but it had to take a lot not to go beyond that. I thought he was gonna be welcomed to the real world pretty quick after he said he plays SFV on Xbox One.

It would almost be more believable that the kid is an actor, hired to be the worst player in every possible way that could come onto the stream, and they just got a huge spike in paid training sessions because the bar was set so low.

But hopefully after he watches this video repeatedly at home and probably has some sort of introspective breakdown, he comes out of it alright and realizes it's ok to be bad at stuff and you don't have to lie about it.

Whales

Banned
This goes beyond just being simply a bad player, though. Almost everything he said was a lie and seemed to have little to no self-awareness. Justin took the opportunity to correct him for saying Rye-yoo, and Gootecks had that camera look, but it had to take a lot not to go beyond that. I thought he was gonna be welcomed to the real world pretty quick after he said he plays SFV on Xbox One.

It would almost be more believable that the kid is an actor, hired to be the worst player in every possible way that could come onto the stream, and they just got a huge spike in paid training sessions because the bar was set so low.

But hopefully after he watches this video repeatedly at home and probably has some sort of introspective breakdown, he comes out of it alright and realizes it's ok to be bad at stuff and you don't have to lie about it.

honestly their restraint was so powerful

how do you not look at the kid and say ''xbox one? wat''

would expect this next year at the earliest.

I would hope not. They have to add something to the game after August. 4 months with nothing but probably a handful of premium costumes is not a good way to promote your games as a service ideals.

I am sure they have something in the works as we know they aren't doing anything regarding balance until next year already.

Top Bottom