• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

mbpm1

I played a set with a Bison and he beat me 2-0 and the connection was shit. So as soon as I got matched up with him again, I left because of the connection. Am I a terrible person?

I had a match like this yesterday.

In hindsight I shouldn't even have bothered giving him the rematch lol

It was just bad enough that I'd hit confirm something, then the rollback would say nope that attack was blocked. Fuck this lag.

I had a similarly laggy match. I won the match but I just "RQ" before the match ended. Didn't want to take the guys points, felt like I didn't earn it.

If it was casual, then I would just let it end and just not give the rematch.

MadGear

reinstall the drivers

Run Display Driver Uninstaller http://www.wagnardmobile.com/

pick to boot in safe mode,uninstall drivers and reboot,download your drivers...

Thanks, but I already tried that. So far I only managed to get rid of the driver resets during gameplay, the excessive tearing still remains and with vsync on the game often goes slow motion. Right now I don't know what to do about this.

It's all part of Microsofts master plan to gimp Steam on Windows10. Believe.

Nah, I can't possible believe Microsoft to be this stupid. They'd rather blackmail developers to put their games on the windows store if they also want to release their games on the xbox one. Or something like this.

Paulie_C

Neo Member
Just had a fight online seemed a bit laggy. I was Ken and couple of times I tried a throw - it would go into the roll animation but somehow the other guy (also Ken) dragon punched out of it.

What happened there?!

Kikirin

Just had a fight online seemed a bit laggy. I was Ken and couple of times I tried a throw - it would go into the roll animation but somehow the other guy (also Ken) dragon punched out of it.

What happened there?!

walmart-rollback-madness-large-9.jpg

^

What happened there?!

Rollback usually benefits one player while hosing another one. I've had similar things happen recently and it usually ends in much more than a DP.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Why are points in V so much higher than 4? We have people with 22K points here, while I've never seen anyone with above 10K in Ultra.
It looks like points will go higher and higher with this system. The top 10 have all cracked 20k now.

I was always hovering around the top 10,000 in the leaderboards. You needed about 4,000 points for that months ago, now you need more than 6,000.

Shadoken

Why are points in V so much higher than 4? We have people with 22K points here, while I've never seen anyone with above 10K in Ultra.

Because the Tiers are more open. A Platinum player beating another Platinum player , still gives the winner 65 points even if they are 1000 points apart.

In SF4 , if you are 1000 points apart you barely get any points. Which makes the numbers more compressed as there are no "Tier" based match making and points being awarded.

somehow i never got fm and exp for fangs demo video. feels bad man.

not happy with the games performance today. constant errors, shaky cam players with slight lag, ryu ragequitting after eating 3 backfist in a row. i had some good games, the rest just feels cheap. the network situation is still bad after all these months.

LakeEarth

Ok follow up question - whats rollback?

I'm a rookie in all this.

It's a type of netcode design. To prevent lagging when you and your opponent lose synchronicity, it will instead 'rewind' a few frames to keep things in sync. When the connection is good, then the experience is great. When the connection is average, you have things like seeing a frame of something that is "undone", like a hit turning into a block.

When the connection is bad, hold on to your butts!

Maligna

Banned
Question:

I'm going over to my brother's tonight to play SFV. He doesn't have the DLC characters, but I do.

If I sign in on a second player controller with my PSN profile, can 1 or both of us use the DLC characters?

Paulie_C

Neo Member
It's a type of netcode design. To prevent lagging when you and your opponent lose synchronicity, it will instead 'rewind' a few frames to keep things in sync. When the connection is good, then the experience is great. When the connection is average, you have things like seeing a frame of something that is "undone", like a hit turning into a block.

When the connection is bad, hold on to your butts!

Thanka for the explanation!

So in my example above where I saw my throw connect only for it to roll back to me getting hit by a dragon punch. Is the dragon punch how it would've played out in perfect sync or should I feel hard done by?

Very frustrating as I had won the first round, narrowly losing the next two rounds where multiple rollbacks occurred - if even one of them connected, I would've won. It was against an Ultra Bronze when I'm yo-yoing between Bronze and Super Bronze!

mbpm1

Standing HP.

To a lesser extent, crouching HP and MP version of pin wheel.

MK Pinwheel is most reliable I think if you can get the timing down. With st. hp you still need to be wary of the almighty jump short from Ryu.

Thanka for the explanation!

So in my example above where I saw my throw connect only for it to roll back to me getting hit by a dragon punch. Is the dragon punch how it would've played out in perfect sync or should I feel hard done by?

Very frustrating as I had won the first round, narrowly losing the next two rounds where multiple rollbacks occurred - if even one of them connected, I would've won. It was against an Ultra Bronze when I'm yo-yoing between Bronze and Super Bronze!

Of note is that the netcode if it were good would be able to moderate more ranges of bad connections than SFV can now. KI has excellent rollback code, so people can play from Japan to East Coast America without fear.

Maligna

Banned
So does anyone know the answer to my question above about using DLC at another person's house?

MK Pinwheel is most reliable I think if you can get the timing down. With st. hp you still need to be wary of the almighty jump short from Ryu.

Yeah. HP is just easier to do on reaction so I find it the most reliable. Then again I am a bronze scrub.

KingBroly

Banned
Okay, so after HORRIBLE ATROCITY THAT IS THE NEW WINDOWS 10 UPDATE and losing my old HDD/info, I'm finally back up to speed with SF5. Fuck Microsoft.

Status right now is I'm back to 1.0.7, got the Mod Manager back, and have all the DLC and FM/colors I've earned so far. BUT I have to re-do all of Juri's trials because the save I have is from the end of March, so basically nothing until now is saved, including Story Mode.

Fuck Microsoft.

mbpm1

Okay, so after HORRIBLE ATROCITY THAT IS THE NEW WINDOWS 10 UPDATE and losing my old HDD/info, I'm finally back up to speed with SF5. Fuck Microsoft.

Status right now is I'm back to 1.0.7, got the Mod Manager back, and have all the DLC and FM/colors I've earned so far. BUT I have to re-do all of Juri's trials because the save I have is from the end of March, so basically nothing until now is saved, including Story Mode.

Fuck Microsoft.

Did they force people update to windows 10 after they ended the free update? Is this a thing

Did they force people update to windows 10 after they ended the free update? Is this a thing

No, it's an "Anniversary Update" for Windows 10 that's apparently screwed a lot of applications and drivers up.

This is why I defer updates on Windows 10.

mbpm1

Sounds terrible. I updated manually when I saw the free update was closing so I could try out Killer Instinct. Might have been better choosing it in my case.

This was the second time updating since the disaster of the first time I tried a while back, so I knew what to expect.

KingBroly

Banned
No, it's an "Anniversary Update" for Windows 10 that's apparently screwed a lot of applications and drivers up.

This is why I defer updates on Windows 10.

Yeah, they're getting worse with putting out each Update. This thing's breaking their own controllers and games. I have to re-download KI now, despite it being on another drive o_O

mbpm1

Will practice some reactionary mk pinwheels then.

Just keep in mind you'll have to do it earlier than a normal DP bc of startup and the fact that invincibility is only upper body and you'll do okay.

And that cross ups are juri's weakness in anti-airing. To solve that problem she either jabs or gets away with dash/lk pinwheel or air to airs/air throws

Groof

Just keep in mind you'll have to do it earlier than a normal DP bc of startup and the fact that invincibility is only upper body and you'll do okay.

And that cross ups are juri's weakness in anti-airing. To solve that problem she either jabs or gets away with dash/lk pinwheel or air to airs/air throws

Yo great info dude, thanks! I'm finding her real fun to play so far, they did her good imo. And her battle outfit colour 2 is so good.

Zackat

In what way?

I don't mean that she is bad, I just really hate it when you get in the corner with her. It becomes a complete shit-show that doesn't end. Especially if you waste your reversal or mis-time it then it is seemingly game over from messing up one time and getting corner-carried there.

Just unfun to play against.

I don't mean that she is bad, I just really hate it when you get in the corner with her. It becomes a complete shit-show that doesn't end. Especially if you waste your reversal or mis-time it then it is seemingly game over from messing up one time and getting corner-carried there.

I don't know man. I find Mika to be a much more fun matchup as compared to Ryu. At least Mika has actual weaknesses.

Coda

While it's going to happen, Mika is a character you have to keep out. If you allow her to push you to the corner, that's what happens, it's her gameplan. Try to hit training mode and work on keeping her out.

Zackat

Mika gives me a hard time, but fucking Ryu man. I'm always one meaty away from losing 50% of my life.

yeah he can get away with a lot of stuff. and his MP button is good, though I guess a lot of it has to do with where his hurtbox is relative to his character model on the screen? seeing those hitboxes was crazy.

Top Bottom