• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

I'm starting to like Juri in V after not being impressed by her in Story Mode. She just needs a few buffs.

I went back playing USF4 on PC. Was button inputs that bad or was somewhere alone the line an update to Nvidia Driver/Windows update screwed up the game? Not even SSF4 3DS feel this bad.

If you watch later Poongko you can see him adopting the more balanced style. A lot of backdashes, fireballs, and baited jumps.

The other Seths did this too rather effectively.
Guess I didn't watch SF4 enough and Poongko's offensive Seth significantly effected my perception of Seth.
Ryu and Ken in 4?
Ryu and Ken in SFV. They've got standard health while having far above average offense and defense. It terrifies me when Ken comes down from the sky like death with his EX Tatsus (let's not mention his run cancels which I know can be CC'd btw) and Ryu gets a knockdown and dashes up like three times in a row on top of my crippled body. They're as offensive as they are defensive. Ryu has slightly more freedom, but they're still both terminators alongside Chun Li. Nash is merely slippery, but highly effective in comparison.

mbpm1

Ryu and Ken in SFV. They've got standard health while having far above average offense and defense. It terrifies me when Ken comes down from the sky like death with his EX Tatsus (let's not mention his run cancels which I know can be CC'd btw)

All Ken has to do to scare me is run tbh

Yeah that's why some Dhalsim players had him as a secondary.

Maybe Dhalsim is SFV's Seth...

I played Seth on and off during IVs life. Sim is close, but he's missing the speed that Seth has. Honestly, there really isn't an analoge for Seth yet, but Ibuki is close. She has that 50/50 ambiguous dash after knockdown that Seth had in midair. She has about as much health as he did too (lol.)

Also, I keep telling people who played Honda to try Necalli. They're more similar than you might think.

All Ken has to do to scare me is run tbh

Crouch jab?

fr0st

Banned
Need help guys.

I know how to play fighting games but trying SFV (coming from marvel so I don't have trouble with inputs) is pretty difficult.

Do I just have to get used to links and stuff since chaining doesn't seems to work most of the time.

Also how should I set up my buttons if I'm plying this game on the PS4 controller using the claw grip?

Need help guys.

I know how to play fighting games but trying SFV (coming from marvel so I don't have trouble with inputs) is pretty difficult.

Do I just have to get used to links and stuff since chaining doesn't seems to work most of the time.

Also how should I set up my buttons if I'm plying this game on the PS4 controller using the claw grip?

image.php

Also, I keep telling people who played Honda to try Necalli. They're more similar than you might think.
I can't play with a character that has a DP. I tend to be way too predictable.

Plus I get bored of just dash cr.mk xx stomp. Necalli feels so binary as a character. He's either going in or he's V-skilling.

EDIT: And I don't like his stupid face and his stupid personality and his lack of diction.

EDIT2: And I don't like his shitty command grab

EDIT3: And I don't like how good he is. I need shit characters to play with.

ShinMaruku

I use Cr HK mor than st HK because it can be wonky. But you should do it into super. Does good damage. Mine can get into 470 damage

mbpm1

Reading about fighting games is fun. Just reading the KI tutorial is pretty neat
That's the plan!

I'm actually now alternating between picking FANG or Birdie, depending on the matchup.

I should have known a Honda main would be a masochist.

Me, I jumped on the top tier with Ken when Ultra rolled around

Reading about fighting games is fun. Just reading the KI tutorial is pretty neat

I should have known a Honda main would be a masochist.

Me, I jumped on the top tier with Ken when Ultra rolled around

It's a sad life we lead. I can't blame you for that Ken pick, everyone should have at least 1 top tier character in their pocket.

And that KI tutorial is the best fighting game tutorial I've ever seen. They genuinely teach you how to play fighting games, then teach you how to play KI in particular.

FluxWaveZ

I always lose to people who play keep-away and run end to end. Always. Sigh.

It's all about not letting that frustration get to you. In those circumstances, don't ever dash or jump, but just walk. It's inevitable that they'll have to eventually meet you (unless they like to sit in the corner, which is to your advantage too), in which case you'll respond appropriately (AA to a jump, hitting them if they decide to dash towards you, footsies if they calm down, etc.).

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
It's all about not letting that frustration get to you. In those circumstances, don't ever dash or jump, but just walk. It's inevitable that they'll have to eventually meet you (unless they like to sit in the corner, which is to your advantage too), in which case you'll respond appropriately (AA to a jump, hitting them if they decide to dash towards you, footsies if they calm down, etc.).

Thanks for this but yeah, my patience is just not there. It sucks. Like, I will have great moments where I do these things but in a first to 2, I will lose that methodical flow eventually.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
So even more stage transistions are being found: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFZ9Iq-rhss

I noticed the Guile stage has them, too. Maybe that's how the boxes break.
Apparently they were only added in the latest patch, I heard different things before.

All of these were already shown, just throughout different videos, and yes added since last patch.
Really? I hadn't seen most of the left side stuff or anything on the Guile stage.

Really? I hadn't seen most of the left side stuff or anything on the Guile stage.

Yes, the left side stuff was just shown on the right side, guile stage is new I guess.
Also please don't prequote me, I'm not going to scroll back up every time just for the random chance someone decides to reply to me in a message I've already read; it's incredibly disruptive, just hit reply.

I don't miss anything about SF4. I HATED that game. Good riddance.

There are things I'd like changed in SF5, but even if it never saw an update, I'd prefer to play this over any version of SF4.

Same here. So much stuff in that game pissed me off. I eventually ended up not playing it the last few years of its life and just watched tourney's.

SFV even with it's quirks is miles better than SF4 ever was IMO.

I can't play with a character that has a DP. I tend to be way too predictable.

Plus I get bored of just dash cr.mk xx stomp. Necalli feels so binary as a character. He's either going in or he's V-skilling.

EDIT: And I don't like his stupid face and his stupid personality and his lack of diction.

EDIT2: And I don't like his shitty command grab

EDIT3: And I don't like how good he is. I need shit characters to play with.

Necalli is all about those frame traps. He has the tools to stick to the opponent and the command throw to give him his wake-up options. The only think he's missing from Honda is, literally, slaps and butt slam. The slam is null because he has a DP (and a damn good one) and he has a dive kick.

Necalli is all about those frame traps. He has the tools to stick to the opponent and the command throw to give him his wake-up options. The only think he's missing from Honda is, literally, slaps and butt slam. The slam is null because he has a DP (and a damn good one) and he has a dive kick.
I'm not saying he's a bad character but just because one liked Honda does not mean that one will like Necalli. Even if they are similar, Honda is just more fun. Both design wise and in terms of gameplay.

Necalli's nonsense backstory, ease of use, moveset of basically everything, bizarre speech impediment, and super saiyan god mode V-Trigger always made him kinda seem to me like he was created by the 8-year-old son of someone high up at Capcom and forced to be in the game.

Out of spite for this, he was made to first appear in the cinematic story mode as a sheep and is useless afterwards.

LakeEarth

Necalli's presence in the story mode is baffling. He shows up disconnected from the main story 3-4 times, gets owned, and runs away. What.. what were you going for there Capcom?

mbpm1

Necalli's nonsense backstory, ease of use, moveset of basically everything, bizarre speech impediment, and super saiyan god mode V-Trigger always made him kinda seem to me like he was created by the 8-year-old son of someone high up at Capcom and forced to be in the game.

Out of spite for this, he was made to first appear in the cinematic story mode as a sheep and is useless afterwards.

Ono made Necalli? Who knew

FluxWaveZ

Necalli's existence was so pointless that it all went from bad and turned around to become great. Dude was marketed as the main antagonist and big bad of this game, he has a super saiyan crazy transformation, his character story was pretty ominous, and that's all he had to offer.

And then Nash was there preparing a final, sacrificial attack to take out Bison and redeem himself for his behaviour and for everyone else's sake. The build-up from Charlie's previous life and Nash's return, all to this climactic scene.

Proceeds to die in an explosion—which literally does nothing—and Bison walks onto the scene smiling. And no one gives a shit.

Fucking hilarious.

LakeEarth

Yeah, Nash and Necalli were introduced as hugely important characters when SF5 came out, but are 100% pointless in the actual cinematic story. Like I said, I don't get Capcom's decision making on their story arcs.

Hell, if they just switched Bison from his regular costume to his battle scarred costume, then we can say that Nash did SOMETHING! They couldn't have even been bothered to do that.

LakeEarth

To be fair, Chun and Guile are pretty pointless as well. Chun is most egregious, because she should've been the one to take Bison down. Ryu really has no personal reason to fight Bison, other than to help the friends who DO have a personal reason to fight Bison.

Top Bottom