• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Thanks for the long set Xabi. I couldn't keep up with you but I did a lot better than last time!

Edit: thanks! Confirming from b.mp is literally my only skill in this game ;)

mitchlol

phew, finally finished Story mode on Extra difficulty. Man it was so lame I had to cheese so many of he fights. Glad I never have to do it again. The difficulty spiked in insane ways?? The Nash Vs Bison at the start was honestly one of the hardest. So was Cammy vs Juli... Probably didn't help that I suck with both of those characters. I also found the Gief ones hard even though I main Gief, the CPU knew exactly when to jump back so I never landed a single SPD.

stn

Necalli sucks, lol. He shows up in the story randomly because hurr durr he wants to eat souls. Then he disappears because herp derp he can't eat Ryu's soul. His dialogue sucks, too; what the hell does "devour our our" even mean???? His playstyle is solid but nothing we haven't seen before.

It feels like Capcom wanted an answer to MKX's Kotal Khan, who happens to be an infinitely better character. And who also has a fleshed out story and plays great, too (seriously, Blood God Kotal is one of the most hype comeback characters in any fighter).

I'm hoping Akuma finally comes in season 2 and spends the whole story beating the crap out of Necalli.

SephLuis

GGs Sigmaah. Your Vega is insane.

I couldn't do nothing with Juri and fared better with Chun. I would love to play against you without any lag. Here there was a bit of teleporting, so I am sure it also affected your game.

I would play more but dinner is ready here. We can try playing any other time if you want

I'd want to be part of that lobby, but it lagged pretty badly in the past when we played. Would you know if it'd be better this time?

Sorry didn't see this message. I think if we are to play someday it's better that you host it and it should have less lag I hope.
I have been playing with some people from the US and it's ranging from the unplayable to pretty good with only a few moments of lag.

Sigmaah

GGs Sigmaah. Your Vega is insane.

I couldn't do nothing with Juri and fared better with Chun. I would love to play against you without any lag. Here there was a bit of teleporting, so I am sure it also affected your game.

I would play more but dinner is ready here. We can try playing any other time if you want

Sorry didn't see this message. I think if we are to play someday it's better that you host it and it should have less lag I hope.
I have been playing with some people from the US and it's ranging from the unplayable to pretty good with only a few moments of lag.

Ya it was a little laggy but nothing too wild. Deff was easily playable. Ur chun is damn good. Learned a bunch of what she beats vega at.

SephLuis

Ya it was a little laggy but nothing too wild. Deff was easily playable. Ur chun is damn good. Learned a bunch of what she beats vega at.

Great then. I will add you on CFN and we can play another day. You can try hosting to see if we can play with less lag than today.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Necalli sucks, lol. He shows up in the story randomly because hurr durr he wants to eat souls. Then he disappears because herp derp he can't eat Ryu's soul. His dialogue sucks, too; what the hell does "devour our our" even mean???? His playstyle is solid but nothing we haven't seen before.

It feels like Capcom wanted an answer to MKX's Kotal Khan, who happens to be an infinitely better character. And who also has a fleshed out story and plays great, too (seriously, Blood God Kotal is one of the most hype comeback characters in any fighter).

I'm hoping Akuma finally comes in season 2 and spends the whole story beating the crap out of Necalli.

Did Necalli beat you up behind the swings in 5th grade or something? Take it easy.

I found out you can get rid of models overlapping each other by changing r.opacity stencil=1 to 0 in Engine.Ini [SystemSettings]

The only issue is that both models clip each other when standing next to each other.

JayEH

The Capcops smiled upon me today. Got to stage 29 Necalli beat him with barely any health then got full health recovery for Bison.

Why does Capcom hates footsie in SFV? Ryu's Cr.MK has a small active frame and is -3 on block and well as most other characters while some like Nash, Karin and Zangief being -4. It's not like Nash and Zangief can hit confirm anything off the move. Cammy's doesn't even reach down to her angle and the only characters that have Cr.MK are FANG, Necalli, Vega, Chun LI and Laura. They are either -2 or +2.

I feel like Ibuki is on the freer side all around, not just yours.

Your Rashid was almost as scary as Fluxwavez' Mika, from what I remember.

I think what bothers me the most about her is the kunai storage. It takes way too long for her to restore even a single one. I generally have to spread out how many to throw out as pokes, for combos and general pressure up close for frame advantage. If I even get too happy with it for one round, they disappear pretty fast. I'm sure they added in a storage mechanic because of her charge kunai special, but I would gladly give that up for more kunai or even her spin kicks.

ICYMI, Topanga Charity cup is live:
https://www.twitch.tv/topangatv
https://www.twitch.tv/topangajpn

Huge 1000 person 5 on 5 tourney featuring...pretty much EVERY body in Asia, lol.

Speaking of Ibuki, a couple of them have been putting in solid work on stream. One just won right now.

Time to watch this to get some tips.

I swear to god, Alex has the fastest throw in the game.

I have NEVER landed it on him on wakeup. He always outspeeds me when no other character does.

Alex in general gives me headaches.

FluxWaveZ

Wait a sec, I just realized that I think Balrog players can use either the seventh or eight button on an arcade stick to maintain a TAP charge while still having the ability to use all of the other face buttons? If this works, that'd mean they can hold a TAP charge without having to sacrifice two buttons.

Wait a sec, I just realized that I think Balrog players can use either the seventh or eight button on an arcade stick to maintain a TAP charge while still having the ability to use all of the other face buttons? If this works, that'd mean they can hold a TAP charge without having to sacrifice two buttons.

Nope doesn't work. You hold something down then it won't register presses on any other buttons.

JayEH

If you set one button to all 3 kicks for instance and use that to charge TAP you still lose access to all kicks until you let go of TAP.

Why does this happen?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHuNghp14rE

I also often get Dash Straight even when I press kick.

Your inputs show punches so idk what to say.

JayEH

I meant why didn't EX come out.

Medium dash came out I assume? I guess it has to do with negative edge with the medium punch. That is if you hold onto to medium punch while do the motion for dash punch then let go of the medium punch, the medium dash will come out instead of the ex.

Medium dash came out I assume? I guess it has to do with negative edge with the medium punch. That is if you hold onto to medium punch while do the motion for dash punch then let go of the medium punch, the medium dash will come out instead of the ex.

Wow OK that makes sense. Thanks!

Gears

Could I get basic tips or maybe a link to something to play birdie? Im doing okay ish, but I do really bad when people get close to me. I love Birdie as a character, but im merely "okay" with his execution. And by okay I mean I bounce around higher bronze levels

GorillaJu

Why does Capcom hates footsie in SFV? Ryu's Cr.MK has a small active frame and is -3 on block and well as most other characters while some like Nash, Karin and Zangief being -4. It's not like Nash and Zangief can hit confirm anything off the move. Cammy's doesn't even reach down to her angle and the only characters that have Cr.MK are FANG, Necalli, Vega, Chun LI and Laura. They are either -2 or +2.

I mean I could be totally off here but having negative normals doesn't mean you have bad footsies or no footsies. Footsies is more about whiff punishing, having normals that leave you positive on block helps with frame traps and block strings but not so much footsies.

Top Bottom