• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

but remy is straight trash..

Thanks for the tips everyone. Btw, is there a good way to train AAs? Or should I just go into matches with the ''AA every thing even if you lose'' mentality?

There is no reliable way to practice AAs that doesn't involve another person handling the other character. That AA everything strategy is fine IMO, but you shouldn't rely on it too much in the long term.

Just as a temporary way to get some solid practice in.

GGs. Nice Guile. I have to admit, I had a great amount of fun messing around with the j.LK cross-ups with Mika once I saw you were susceptible to them.

Yeah, I kept trying to find a way to deal with them, but it would just end in disaster. Definitely wanna get some more games sometime, though. :D

SmokeMaxX

Could I get basic tips or maybe a link to something to play birdie? Im doing okay ish, but I do really bad when people get close to me. I love Birdie as a character, but im merely "okay" with his execution. And by okay I mean I bounce around higher bronze levels

Birdie's buttons are fairly slow so figure out when you CAN press buttons, because you can't always do that. If there is a gap or a place where you can challenge, generally I challenge with st. lk (fastest move with okay range) or cr. lp (you can mash this to push the opponent out). If they're doing a blockstring with a big gap, you can do st. lp xx lp bullhead to hit them. You can also charge for ex bullhorn to plow through single hitting moves. Those are your main options when people get close, but realize that the goal is to not let them get close to you since Birdie struggles there.

Edzi

GGs BootCamp. I started playing incredibly sloppy after the first set, and let you get away with wake up jabs and jumping way too much. Also fell for your heavy punch frame trap every time. \

You lived up to your name though.

I've mainly gotta work on my patience now. You know it's bad when you keep jumping in on a crouching Guile... lol

I need to figure out how to deal with Juri's charged V-Skill, because as is, I panic and try to neutral jump, but I always underestimate both the speed and how high the hitbox is. I did have the one really weird accidental autocorrect Sonic Boom which made absolutely no sense, but that's probably not something I could do on purpose every time, or possibly ever.

Edzi

I need to figure out how to deal with Juri's charged V-Skill, because as is, I panic and try to neutral jump, but I always underestimate both the speed and how high the hitbox is. I did have the one really weird accidental autocorrect Sonic Boom which made absolutely no sense, but that's probably not something I could do on purpose every time, or possibly ever.

Yeah, her charged V-skill is crazy fast, but loses its crossup property so it's relatively easy to bait out and block as long as you don't throw projectiles. I was having trouble getting it charged though due to the constant Sonic Boom pressure at full screen though, so that works too.

Maybe try jumping forward or backwards when the fully charged V-skill is expected?

Whales

Banned
I just got a runback against that Laura player in my video

still lost but at least I managed to win a game;-;

Yeah, her charged V-skill is crazy fast, but loses its crossup property so it's relatively easy to bait out and block as long as you don't throw projectiles. I was having trouble getting it charged though due to the constant Sonic Boom pressure at full screen though, so that works too.

I didn't realize it loses its crossup property. Good to know, thanks.

Exr

Why are a lot of my matches getting the failed to connect thing post match and I get no points? This games online is still so janky its amazing.

I'm watching the Latin America CPT online event. Just wondering but if you were a pretty good player participating in one of these would you take advantage of the situation to help you as much as possible. Basically everybody is playing from their bedroom or someones bedroom. So would you have all your friends over who also play the game to help coach you. They could basically be giving you instructions in real time to try and help you adjust to your opponent as quickly as possible.

Hell if you want to be real dirty. You could tag in a friend who plays a different character to counter your current opponent. OK so I definitely would do the 2nd part, but I would be very tempted to get a couple of coaches in my bed room if I was capable of making it far in one of these online tournaments that lacked a lot of the killers you'd find at Majors.

Top Bottom